Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

DancingShade posted:

I still think Polaris is the best intro to MMO dungeons ever.

Oh you thought you finished? Hell no, it's Cthulhu time.

I love that cutscene when you first get there vs nightmare runs. The normal dungeon has everyone dressed normal and serious but by the time you get to nightmare all the weird shits unlocked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I always annoyed my Cabal by insisting on changing my outfit to something which would suit the dungeon. Our leader practically forced me to install a wardrobe add-on after a couple of weeks.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

poptart_fairy posted:

I always annoyed my Cabal by insisting on changing my outfit to something which would suit the dungeon. Our leader practically forced me to install a wardrobe add-on after a couple of weeks.

The Goon cabals would try and one up each other with awful costumes

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Running into a dilemma.

I've been running Blade/Blood for almost my entire run on a char & love it, but now that I've been in Tokyo for a while now things really seem to have slowed down in progression & even surviving mob fights is becoming a grind.

I don't know if it's AEGIS, the poorly explained and implemented functions of AEGIS, end-game grind, or my build. I've tried changing my build in the past, but always return to my favored Blade/Blood Affliction build. Should I alter my build, and if so what should be the focus (maybe Impairs/Roots; ranged attacks) or gameplay?

I would be interested in hearing your thoughts.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Kumo posted:

Running into a dilemma.

I've been running Blade/Blood for almost my entire run on a char & love it, but now that I've been in Tokyo for a while now things really seem to have slowed down in progression & even surviving mob fights is becoming a grind.

I don't know if it's AEGIS, the poorly explained and implemented functions of AEGIS, end-game grind, or my build. I've tried changing my build in the past, but always return to my favored Blade/Blood Affliction build. Should I alter my build, and if so what should be the focus (maybe Impairs/Roots; ranged attacks) or gameplay?

I don't have much input, but I do know that the people that could help you would probably want to see your build before commenting.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

My guess is all aegis. I just used my tank build for soloing and I started doing that well before I got to 10.4/4 gear but as soon as I hit Tokyo the game slowed to a crawl because of the shield's, filth puddles everywhere, and mob density.

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
https://www.tswdb.com/builds/solo/bloodied-blades-solo-build

I just treat TSW like a single player game mostly so take my advice with a grain of salt, but I tried a bunch of TSWDB builds after coming back for the Halloween event and that one did the best for me. I found that I could get out of the easier sections of Tokyo to hunt event mobs + filth adds to spawn the Rider just fine with only the basic Aegis gear you get for unlocking the zone. It's also mostly just Blade if you only want to upgrade one weapon/AEGIS first.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Kumo posted:

Running into a dilemma.

Afflictions scale real, real bad. Use 1 to activate effects, but don't use them for damage.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I uninstalled the older Curse client a while back and forgot that it's what I was using to manage my TSW addons (since I haven't played in ages). What are the must-have addons?

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I don't have much input, but I do know that the people that could help you would probably want to see your build before commenting.

Sure. Blade/Blood Solo/Tank Afflict Build

Actives:

Blade Torrent - Builder, AOE, Hate generator
Dancing Blade - Focus, 1 Enemy
Caring The Path - PBAoE, 40% chance to penetrate afflicted targets
PBAoE - Liquidation - AoE, Affliction, slight Heal
Cardiac Arrest - Impair, Damage
Turn The Tables - 10% Health Heal
Point of Harmony - 30% Health Heal
Collider-Collapser - Pretty Lights

Passives:

Molecular Exploitation - Hit Afflicted target, generates another Hit
Salt In The Wound - Applying Afflicted adds damage
Perfect Storm - Adds Afflicted to Blade Torrent
Circulation - Apply Afflicted gain HoT
Unholy Knowledge - 10% damage w/ DoTs
Sharp Blades - 10% damage w/ swords
Gross Anatomy - DoT expires or renewed, does damage
Energy Transfer - 25% effectiveness on Aux.

Looking over this now, it might be that the game mechanics treat an application of Afflicted in one of two ways, either it is continually added each time there is a hit, or it is added until it ends. Not certain exactly off-hand.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

All this TSW talk is making me debate reinstalling. You guys are awful people.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Len posted:

I've basically been in a constant state of 'i don't really wanna play it right this second but i feel like i really should because it could just die at any second' for a few years now

so yeah, get your playing in before it's gone

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Tokyo is annoying but not game-stoppingly terrible. Or maybe it wasn't for me because I never played leach builds. Just ignore mobs when you are going to where you need to go, remember that you are immortal and don't give any fucks about dying and install the auto aegis switcher mod.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

dumb and kinda scared posted:

Tokyo is annoying but not game-stoppingly terrible. Or maybe it wasn't for me because I never played leach builds. Just ignore mobs when you are going to where you need to go, remember that you are immortal and don't give any fucks about dying and install the auto aegis switcher mod.

For me the biggest problem was the load times. My computer took a bit to load the old zones but Tokyo takes 3-4 minutes to load and there were missions in the first zone that required zoning multiple times. I don't know what Funcom did when making Tokyo but it doesn't play well with my computer.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

I just want to point out that impairs do work really well against the Tokyo flotsam. With Blade/Blood you should be able to make an impair build just for getting around Tokyo easily. I had one that only used the healing and one impair from blood and all the damaging attacks were blade so it could run with a single aegis set; once I had a second one I switched to blade/fist which worked really well (FOUR impairs, one being a dash which meant it worked with that one cooldown-reducing passive for dash attacks). Once you have a build that trivializes the regular mobs you can just run the loop of the secondary quests in the lower-right quadrant of the map to get a ton of those waste barrel items that'll level up your aegis super quick; do that loop once a day and in a week you'll be at 35%-40% aegis damage and your woes will be gone. Just make sure to focus on only one of the aegis attack thingies until you hit QL10 so you can equip the highest tier mods.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Len posted:

I didn't reinstall. I always have TSW installed, even when I go through long droughts.

Actually played a bit relatively recently. It's still a really loving good game and I hope that Funcom breathes some more into it for 2017. Beating up the unbound was a genuinely cool mission.

Certainly I want Funcom's next conan game to be good too. Plus I want another Dreamfall game so there's that.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Ali Aces posted:

I just want to point out that impairs do work really well against the Tokyo flotsam. With Blade/Blood you should be able to make an impair build just for getting around Tokyo easily. I had one that only used the healing and one impair from blood and all the damaging attacks were blade so it could run with a single aegis set; once I had a second one I switched to blade/fist which worked really well (FOUR impairs, one being a dash which meant it worked with that one cooldown-reducing passive for dash attacks). Once you have a build that trivializes the regular mobs you can just run the loop of the secondary quests in the lower-right quadrant of the map to get a ton of those waste barrel items that'll level up your aegis super quick; do that loop once a day and in a week you'll be at 35%-40% aegis damage and your woes will be gone. Just make sure to focus on only one of the aegis attack thingies until you hit QL10 so you can equip the highest tier mods.

Thanks, I do have a Impair build for Tanking NM dungeons, I'll look into making some sort of hybrid & see how it goes.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Funcom put up a new merch shop. They almost had a coffee mug I would buy.

https://store.fabzat.com/funcom/pre-made/92/option-1/315

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
That is a nice loving mug, to be fair.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Pilchenstein posted:

That is a nice loving mug, to be fair.

It looks like they slapped a jpg on a mug template and went "good enough" unless that's :thejoke:

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
I would pay for a Klein chibi desktop figure. Bonus points if it spoke.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Len posted:

It looks like they slapped a jpg on a mug template and went "good enough" unless that's :thejoke:
I'm pretty sure that in my mind when I made that post, it was a reference to/quote from something but gently caress knows what. I haven't slept. The point is I'm not paying eleven quid for a mug.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Len posted:

Funcom put up a new merch shop. They almost had a coffee mug I would buy.

https://store.fabzat.com/funcom/pre-made/92/option-1/315

I'm sad that I only got a job after the welovefine store closed. I want my league of monster hunters t-shirt :(

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Wow, that is a pretty lazy off the shelf store. Art just slapped on mugs and shirts. The figurines are just 3D renders they will print for you on demand. How will they actually look in the end? :iiam:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Space Skeleton posted:

Wow, that is a pretty lazy off the shelf store. Art just slapped on mugs and shirts. The figurines are just 3D renders they will print for you on demand. How will they actually look in the end? :iiam:

The thing is I would have been willing to buy an Orochi mug too. All it would ha e to be is solid black with the logo but instead they did that.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug

Len posted:

Also good for dark roast coffee. No creamer.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Space Skeleton posted:

Ya know I would consider buying an akab figurine if they sold one and showed what it looked like instead of just a render.

XenZakki
Apr 18, 2007
I AM YOUR PANTS
Hey I know there's no 'organized goon presence' or whatever, but is there any sort of Illuminati or Templar cabal that has a strong goon presence? I'm bored as hell sometimes, and would love some like-minded goons to bs with in game.
Edit: spelling errors. drat phone keyboards...

XenZakki fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Dec 7, 2016

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

There is a Discord link in the OP but it's expired. Is that active with a TSW section and anyone have a current link?

Or we could have a TSW-specific Discord server pretty easily. I could throw one up.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
I removed the blurb about discord from OP. The mumble servers are all long dead as well.

While i am not active in the game anymore, i do watch this thread. I can add current cabals, chat servers, content updates, and guides to the OP.

Also, my feelings wouldn't be hurt if someone (read: toshimo/mayushii) started a new OP.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

The only thing stopping me from dipping back in is not having goons to talk to while playing. Unless things changed the pub base at large aren't my jam when it comes to people to interact with

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Len posted:

The only thing stopping me from dipping back in is not having goons to talk to while playing. Unless things changed the pub base at large aren't my jam when it comes to people to interact with

If you're telling them you're Evil Bill Murray they will instantly remember your forum achievements and everyone will like and talk to you :v:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

orcane posted:

If you're telling them you're Evil Bill Murray they will instantly remember your forum achievements and everyone will like and talk to you :v:

It's been something like two years I feel like the players have moved on

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Well are you sure?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

orcane posted:

Well are you sure?

Not completely but I have enough Funcom points I could get a name change and the world would never know

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

I set up a Discord if people want to hang out, talk about the game, form groups, etc... Maybe we can get some stuff going again.

https://discord.gg/nrCfuHJ

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Len posted:

Not completely but I have enough Funcom points I could get a name change and the world would never know

Oh right those, I wish there was something I could buy with them :(

They can't even be arsed to make shop clothes anymore.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

orcane posted:

Oh right those, I wish there was something I could buy with them :(

They can't even be arsed to make shop clothes anymore.

There's a lot of mystery boxes though

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

XenZakki posted:

Hey I know there's no 'organized goon presence' or whatever, but is there any sort of Illuminati or Templar cabal that has a strong goon presence? I'm bored as hell sometimes, and would love some like-minded goons to bs with in game.
Edit: spelling errors. drat phone keyboards...

I'm in a non-goon Templar cabal, Legio Fulminata, that had some other goons at some point but I think I'm only one now. It's still a great group. Newbie friendly raids most weeks and most nights you can find someone chill to run a nightmare dungeon or scenario with. Or just partake in the chat and make bad puns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Welp, this is a game I play now. Having fun fighting zombies as an illuminati fist/blade lady. Gotta find someplace to change haristyles, because I never played around with that in character creation.

• Locked thread