Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

big juicy nectarine posted:

My white friends have never called me the N-word, so this idea that they just go around calling black people racial slurs is just, y'know, ridiculous, so get hosed.

I've known several white friends to call each other the N word.

But I live in white suburbia, they never did it in mixed company, and they all probably regret doing it at this point.

They were all nerds. I blame the Tokyo Breakfast pilot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO4hpiwq04A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
brent gattis has already set his Facebook to private and non-searchable, or deleted it, because thats what pieces of poo poo do

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I think doltos used to say that his black friends let him say it.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

v2vian man posted:

brent gattis has already set his Facebook to private and non-searchable, or deleted it, because thats what pieces of poo poo do

Dude went for the "hacked" defense almost immediately. The minute that message saw daylight, he ran for the hills.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Anals of History posted:

Dude went for the "hacked" defense almost immediately. The minute that message saw daylight, he ran for the hills.

Oh no sir. He's back

https://twitter.com/brendatracy24/status/795675274692030464

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

It's like the callers in this clip come to life.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I0K-ymOTS4

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
I hope I messaged the right Brent! If not, he at least deserves to know some rear end in a top hat is tarnishing the esteemed name of "Brent".

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

In case you live under a rock and was expecting the NCAA to do something -

https://twitter.com/ChuckCarltonDMN/status/796064856592019460

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I want to be mad at that, but it's also not like I was expecting them to do anything :geno:

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Korranus posted:

In case you live under a rock and was expecting the NCAA to do something -

https://twitter.com/ChuckCarltonDMN/status/796064856592019460

That's not quite what the WSJ article is saying:

quote:

The National Collegiate Athletic Association has notified Baylor that it won’t exert its executive authority to impose sweeping sanctions against the school for broad institutional failings, and will instead follow its normal investigative process, according to people familiar with the matter.

Basically, they're not going to just straight up punish Baylor, they're going to go through a full investigation.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

aaaahhhh ok that makes more sense

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Hmm, almost like Baylor will win every game now and the investigation will disappear since Clinton played her hand too early?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

DJExile posted:

aaaahhhh ok that makes more sense

Considering the massive hissy fit that was thrown when they did unilaterally punish Penn State (and the lawsuits that followed), it's not like they could have done anything. Damned if you do damned if you don't really.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Unironically think a trump presidency will spare Baylor any additional punishment

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

pillsburysoldier posted:

Unironically think a trump presidency will spare Baylor any additional punishment

The worst outcome of the election.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

186 posted:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2016/11/10/baylor-donor-mclane-wants-art-briles-honor-restored/93612712/

Major Baylor donor McLane wants Art Briles' 'honor restored'

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
It definitely can't be because Clinton made up the entire thing, it has to be for a different reason.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

186 posted:

Early start

https://twitter.com/ijaileene/status/796450089149595648

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

The end of this story is about 200 people getting together to walk her to class the next day. Neat show of support, though I hope that is not the only action the school takes.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
https://twitter.com/kwtxsports/status/800899100984098816

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Very on-brand

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Sounds like a bit more than a scuffle too

quote:

As KWTX reported this evening, Nielsen approached James McBride, a reporter for a small local paper called the Texas Blaze, on the field after the game and allegedly grabbed him by the throat. McBride told KWTX that he was trying to take a photo with a player, when Nielsen came up to him and yelled “No interviews on the field!” McBride said that Nielsen tried to “tomahawk chop” his phone out of his hand, after he which he grabbed him by the neck and pulled him back.
McBride said that he and Nielsen had a history, and that Nielsen was unhappy with his coverage of the team. After the scuffle, McBride says that Nielsen told him, “You’ll never loving work in this business again.”

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/dwil/status/803324764823650304

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
man the followup to dril is disappointing

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Jerry Falwell Jr. posted:

You look at what Baylor was able to do during his tenure, it fits perfectly with where we see our sports programs going.

So... Liberty sees their student athletes raping people?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

"We totally could have released a written report, except it would have been soooooooo expensive"

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Well when you factor in the lawsuits and settlements from a subpoenaed report, then yeah it makes sense.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

It would have cost MORE money to receive a written report vs an oral report?

Doesn't it seem more likely that a written report would have been the cheaper option?

Maybe he means all of the money it would cost the school in lawsuits if they had a document that other parties could review.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Nov 30, 2016

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Chilichimp posted:

It would have cost money to receive a written report vs an oral report?

Doesn't it seem more likely that a written report would have been the cheaper option?

Maybe he means all of the money it would cost the school in lawsuits if they had a document that other parties could review.

What good do they think saying this will do? Anyone with half a brain, aka the people asking these questions, can parse out what he's implying/his half truth. Really chaps my rear end that these arrogant fucks are smart enough to skate by with no punishment.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Neil Armbong posted:

What good do they think saying this will do? Anyone with half a brain, aka the people asking these questions, can parse out what he's implying/his half truth. Really chaps my rear end that these arrogant fucks are smart enough to skate by with no punishment.

For real. Also, Donald J Trump is somehow the President Elect of the United States?

Fuckin' what do people have to do to actually discredit themselves anymore?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Chilichimp posted:

For real. Also, Donald J Trump is somehow the President Elect of the United States?

Fail the paper bag test.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Chilichimp posted:

Get caught on tape or paper saying or doing something.

That is why a written report is in the long run way, way more expensive...and why Baylor did not ask Pepper Hamilton to prepare a written report. Word can be discredited and made secondhand and only hurts for one news cycle, whereas paper leaks to the press and lasts forever.

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Nov 30, 2016

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Korranus posted:

Get caught on tape or paper saying or doing something.

Chilichimp posted:

Try again...

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

186 posted:

Try again...

We've got so much tape we would make another fuckin' moon.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

186 posted:

Try again...

Win while you're getting caught on tape.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/scATX/status/806990647345422337

Discovery should be fun

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

There is zero chance this ends in anything but settlement, sadly

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
The Big 12 board announced Wednesday that it will withhold 25 percent of future revenue distribution payments to Baylor.

They'll eventually get the money though.

"Big 12 spokesman Bob Burda told ESPN that Baylor would have the opportunity to recoup any withheld revenue if it satisfied the board members at the conclusion of the review."

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
It's still something though, but not ideal. Baylor should be mentioned in the same breath as Penn State, and probably worse. With Penn State you had one perpetrator and maybe a handful of people covering it up. There is tons of evidence that the entire program at Baylor was trying to cover up rape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

swickles posted:

It's still something though, but not ideal. Baylor should be mentioned in the same breath as Penn State, and probably worse. With Penn State you had one perpetrator and maybe a handful of people covering it up. There is tons of evidence that the entire program at Baylor was trying to cover up rape.

Worse? gently caress off. At least Baylor has admitted some culpability

• Locked thread