Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Antti posted:

Sipilä's behaviour is definitely Trumpian, all down to the late night tweetstorm email barrage.

Jesus loving Christ I can't believe this forum. Sipilas is leik TRUMPS!!! and what is truemps leik???

I usually explain myself but I won't even bother right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Ligur posted:

Jesus loving Christ I can't believe this forum. Sipilas is leik TRUMPS!!! and what is truemps leik???

I usually explain myself but I won't even bother right now.

...Trump spends a lot of his time arguing with journalists on a personal level and whines about the MEDIA. That is what he is like in this particular context.

You needing things explained to you is pretty usual, so no bother!

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Nov 30, 2016

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Well that is actually a good point yes.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I've been watching Helsingin Kaupunginvaltuusto argue guggenheim live: http://www.helsinkikanava.fi/www/kanava/fi/videot/live?id=3000

It's pretty insane.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

junan_paalla posted:

I've been watching Helsingin Kaupunginvaltuusto

It's pretty insane.

what is it about town councils anyway that makes them attract all the batshit crazy avokit? is it because so few people go to vote in municipal elections that mental health patients become overrepresented because it's easy to vote from within the institute where they're locked in and then vote for their peers, or are we as a people really that bonkers???

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Nenonen posted:

what is it about town councils anyway that makes them attract all the batshit crazy avokit? is it because so few people go to vote in municipal elections that mental health patients become overrepresented because it's easy to vote from within the institute where they're locked in and then vote for their peers, or are we as a people really that bonkers???

Well, you have to remember that these are mostly people who are not good enough at lying to become a kansanedustaja, yet possess the sociopathic instincts of the seasoned politician. Combine that with the total lack of technological abilities and the voter base consisting of morons and dullards who actually bother to vote in municipal elections and there you have it.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Apparently you can already bet if PM Sipilä is going to resign.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

lol if anyone thinks Sipilä is going to resign over this

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sipilä has probably never been more popular with his voters.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/rubenstiller/status/803280702414458880

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

junan_paalla posted:

I've been watching Helsingin Kaupunginvaltuusto argue guggenheim live: http://www.helsinkikanava.fi/www/kanava/fi/videot/live?id=3000

It's pretty insane.

It's pretty insane that in this current economic and international situation we are still talking about splurging tens of millions on this ridicolous goddamn loving Museum for Cock/Green voters to smell their own farts in. Well we Helsinki taxpayers anyway although they would probably find some way to reach for the wallets of Finland as a whole sooner or later.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

Sipilä on sen luokan dille ettei sitä pitäis päästä ees parturiin yksin

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

slowdave posted:

Looking at his hairdo do you really think he's ever been to a professional barber?

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

Jerry Cotton posted:

Looking at his hairdo do you really think he's ever been to a professional barber?

His haircut looks like a gentrified version of the Just gently caress Me Up Fam guy

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

slowdave posted:

Is it me or does he look super high in every picture taken of him?

Like all of them?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

there's a million things to mention but at least shave off your amish 'stache for your wedding photo, what the gently caress!

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
Guggenheim got fuggenheim'd

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Trogdos! posted:

Whew, gently caress yeah

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

Thank god, I won't have to resort to vandalism for the first time in my boring whitebread existence.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

brakeless posted:

Thank god, I won't have to resort to vandalism for the first time in my boring whitebread existence.

Man if you haven't done something bad to your old high school you're missing a sweet feeling

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Ah, true love and passion just oozes from that picture.

EDIT:

Wait is this ol' sippe and his wife or two mannequins?

EDIT:

Btw what are any reasons/arguments for building some lovely museum in Helsinki with taxpayer money? Why would want to go to a museum? Museums are boring. They exists solely for teachers/schools who are so unimaginative that they can't think of any other place to take the kids for a school trip.

Gortarius fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Nov 30, 2016

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Just wait until the lobbyists have spread enough money around for the decision to be reversed. Kukkenheim's been hyped too much to fail now.

Edit: while Sipilä's haircut and amisparta are not the most elegant, making fun of those is like making fun of Trump's haircut and small hands. No one gives a poo poo, it's not relevant and - most important - implies that there's nothing better to criticize like his political opinions, expertise, nepotistic business connections, kepulaisuus etc.

Darkest Auer fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Nov 30, 2016

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

DarkCrawler posted:

Man if you haven't done something bad to your old high school you're missing a sweet feeling

But I have no bad feelings towards it. Besides the place is so ugly that defacing it is impossible for just one man.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

brakeless posted:

But I have no bad feelings towards it. Besides the place is so ugly that defacing it is impossible for just one man.

My high school is actually the most beautiful building in my town, believe or not

Didn't want to do any lasting damage so I just pissed on it :shrug:

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

Trogdos! posted:

It took years of people saying no and then they finally realized we dont want cuckenheim.

Though in next 5 years I can see us getting guggenheim because why would you quit lobbying it now.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

DarkCrawler posted:

I did the worst thing in high school.

In high school, I was a white male.

Gortarius posted:

Btw what are any reasons/arguments for building some lovely museum in Helsinki with taxpayer money? Why would want to go to a museum? Museums are boring. They exists solely for teachers/schools who are so unimaginative that they can't think of any other place to take the kids for a school trip.

Cultural enrichment and tourism. It's not completely retarded to think that it might be possible to market Helsinki as skandinaavisen korkeakulttuurin helmi in north, especially for asian tourists, who for some reason actually want to visit Finland. Shoveling money into a sadevesikaivo is better idea than Guggis tho.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

hillo posted:

It took years of people saying no and then they finally realized we dont want cuckenheim.

Though in next 5 years I can see us getting guggenheim because why would you quit lobbying it now.

Don't worry, Guggenheim can easily afford to lobby for it because Helsinki gave them couple million for ad campaign. Unless they managed to spend it already, which would explain why their last minute fart was so anemic.

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot
So ok mates I haven't followed any news for a while because they just piss me off. Has there been some stupid decisions lately with the finnish government. Except from the whole SIBS MAN HATES FREEDOM OF SPEECH. actually I want to know everythjing about our prime minister trying to supress our national news, that just feels so good. Oh man I already go a half of a orgasm

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

throw to first drat IT posted:

Don't worry, Guggenheim can easily afford to lobby for it because Helsinki gave them couple million for ad campaign. Unless they managed to spend it already, which would explain why their last minute fart was so anemic.

tbh it was funny watching the thingy today because everyone was against it except the short haired older women.. just sayan

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nenonen posted:

there's a million things to mention but at least shave off your amish 'stache for your wedding photo, what the gently caress!

Now I know it's just that they're Kepuans so probably brother and sister but really how hosed up is it that you marry a female yourself?

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

throw to first drat IT posted:

Cultural enrichment and tourism. It's not completely retarded to think that it might be possible to market Helsinki as skandinaavisen korkeakulttuurin helmi in north, especially for asian tourists, who for some reason actually want to visit Finland. Shoveling money into a sadevesikaivo is better idea than Guggis tho.

Santa Claus is really big for Chinese nouveau riche, and no matter how much Americans whine about it, nobody is taking a flight to the North Pole. Should have said that Santa lives in Pelican Rapids, Minnesota, you dumb fuckers

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

quote:

– Sinun pitäisi irtisanoutua pääministerin tehtävistä, koska sinun olisi pitänyt jäävätä itsesi koskien Terrafamen rahoituspäätöksiä. Jos pääministerinä olisi tällä hetkellä naishenkilö, niin hänet olisi savustettu jo ulos, toisessa viestissä kirjoitettiin.

Sadly true. Well, it's not sad that Jäätteenmäki had to go, but that the kinds of Lipponen, Vanhanen, Stubb and Sipilä can do whatever they want with no repercussions because they carry testicles is sad.

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot
western finland has always disgusted me with their incest things.

This doesn't help at all :(

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sipilä is from Lapland, though.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

DarkCrawler posted:

Santa Claus is really big for Chinese nouveau riche, and no matter how much Americans whine about it, nobody is taking a flight to the North Pole. Should have said that Santa lives in Grand Rapids, Minnesota, you dumb fuckers

Korvatunturi is within rajavyöhyke and thus requires a lupa to visiteerata, though, not that Uncle Mark was planning for it to become a tourist attraction.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

lol'd at this

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

Jerry Cotton posted:

Sipilä is from Lapland, though.

he's from lesta incest hood which I do not consider lapland.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

hillo posted:

he's from lesta incest hood which I do not consider lapland.

Geography isn't based on opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Jerry Cotton posted:

Now I know it's just that they're Kepuans so probably brother and sister but really how hosed up is it that you marry a female yourself?

someone do a face swap on them