Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

hogwarts

*sighs*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

KoRMaK posted:

I saw that earlier today, but I thought it was already done? But I didn't see the final moves. So does that mean it's finally in place?
yes, officially completed yesterday

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
owns

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
happy anniversary everyone

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

don't post pictures of me getting probated

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

thingsfittingperfectlyintothings.tumblr

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
https://twitter.com/Steven_Aston/status/804036617098952706

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Jony Five Aces, age 12

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

night kids

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

kind of a weird setting for the next tomb raider imo

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I'm finally getting around to watching curb your enthusiasm and it's good

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I'm finally getting around to watching curb your enthusiasm and it's good

larry david was the reason "seinfeld" was a classic tv show

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

prefect posted:

larry david was the reason "seinfeld" was a classic tv show

yeah

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/SpacePootler/status/803555718993477633

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

all these years later and seinfeld is still really good

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Roosevelt posted:

all these years later and seinfeld is still really good

it is, although i don't like the laugh track. i've been spoiled by so many shows that don't have them

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

same

but I assume that seinfeld without the laff track would be extremely discomforting because it was designed for the laughs

so I deal

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
the indian giver episode will always be one of the funniest things i've ever seen

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bulgakov posted:

same

but I assume that seinfeld without the laff track would be extremely discomforting because it was designed for the laughs

so I deal

the cheering when kramer kramers into the room -- without that, it would be weird as hell

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I'm a fancy boy

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

it's still pretty good iMO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDYck1aEkxI

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
people understand that most of the laugh track is because 3 camera sitcoms are shot with a live studio audience, right?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Doc Block posted:

people understand that most of the laugh track is because 3 camera sitcoms are shot with a live studio audience, right?

BAZINGA!!!

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Roosevelt posted:

BAZINGA!!!

goddamn i hate that show so loving much

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
This episode and the Kenny Rogers Roasters episode were some of the best on Seinfeld.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RGxs8jzcUo

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

goddamn i hate that show so loving much

Some jock: herf derf blah blah something dumb

The socially awkward guy: if he were any slower, he'd be an AMD processor *audience laughter*

Pretty blonde girl: idgi

Sheldon: There are many things that come into play when considering what “the right processor” would be for every individual. The reality is that the right processor is different for everyone depending on what they’ll be doing with their computer. There are a ton of different features that come into play when looking for the right processor. There are different brands, numbers of cores, clock speeds, and a ton of other stuff that affects performance. In this week’s episode, I hope to shed some light on what exactly these terms mean and how to use them to compare processors when buying your next computer.

Intel v. AMD

First, let’s go over the two major brands you’ll likely be comparing when you’re looking at processors. Chances are, if you're buying a new computer, you will be choosing between an Intel processor and an AMD processor. These are the two main processor producers on the market and they fill two different niches. AMD processors tend to be on the less expensive side, however they are best used in budget computers where price matters more than stellar performance. Intel on the other hand has more expensive models, which tend to be a bit more expensive than their AMD counterparts. Personally, I install AMD processors in computers for people who don’t use their computers that often. These processors are great for people who just want to check their email, browse the web, edit a few documents, basically perform very light tasks that don’t require much power. For users who are constantly editing videos, playing 3D games, and running a ton of applications all at once, Intel is the way to go.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Roosevelt posted:

The socially awkward guy: if he were any slower, he'd be an AMD processor *audience laughter*

Sheldon: There are many things that come into play when considering what “the right processor” would be for every individual. The reality is that the right processor is different for everyone depending on what they’ll be doing with their computer. There are a ton of different features that come into play when looking for the right processor. There are different brands, numbers of cores, clock speeds, and a ton of other stuff that affects performance. In this week’s episode, I hope to shed some light on what exactly these terms mean and how to use them to compare processors when buying your next computer.

Intel v. AMD

First, let’s go over the two major brands you’ll likely be comparing when you’re looking at processors. Chances are, if you're buying a new computer, you will be choosing between an Intel processor and an AMD processor. These are the two main processor producers on the market and they fill two different niches. AMD processors tend to be on the less expensive side, however they are best used in budget computers where price matters more than stellar performance. Intel on the other hand has more expensive models, which tend to be a bit more expensive than their AMD counterparts. Personally, I install AMD processors in computers for people who don’t use their computers that often. These processors are great for people who just want to check their email, browse the web, edit a few documents, basically perform very light tasks that don’t require much power. For users who are constantly editing videos, playing 3D games, and running a ton of applications all at once, Intel is the way to go.

that's a lot of words

what do they say?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Bulgakov posted:

that's a lot of words

what do they say?

funny computer

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Bulgakov posted:

that's a lot of words

what do they say?

http://poop.computer

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Roosevelt posted:

Intel v. AMD

Actually AMD is trash for idiots and you should just get an intel.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

this.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Salt Fish posted:

Actually AMD is trash for idiots and you should just get an intel.

I had an amd awhile ago and it was okay but an intel would have been better

gently caress buying an amd video card though

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy

Roosevelt posted:

BAZINGA!!!

i can't believe i watched that for a few seasons

haha these grown men making 6.5 figgies are socially awkward!

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 378 days!
AMD CPUs are perfectly fine if you don't mind pumping an actual 3.1 billion watts through your computer

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Perplx posted:

i can't believe i watched that for a few seasons

I watched it once at my parent's place and it was just some silly show, I don't know why people bitch about it

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Crumpet Strumpet posted:

AMD CPUs are perfectly fine if you don't mind pumping an actual 3.1 billion watts through your computer

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Perplx posted:

YOSPOS BITHC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I watched it once at my parent's place and it was just some silly show, I don't know why people bitch about it

it pains my wrinkling eyes how offensively awful it is, imho

• Locked thread