Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
*thinking about the stoned baseball team* their right, onstad is obsessed now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I was about to say, there's Stoned Lightning, there's Ray & Lyle's Perfect Jays, there's Ray and Teodor getting baked on the roof before Nice Pete captures them, the Toilet Party... weed has always been a pretty major ingredient in this stew.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
There is also the joint that inspired the Lyle Creation Myth. ACE OF SPADES!

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

prefect posted:

What's the final phase? :ohdear:

They are placed in the queue of Samsara for reincarnation, typically as an Unfortunate Being.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

My Lovely Horse posted:

Well, have you seen American Beauty?

He realizes the high school senior he's about to bang is a high school senior and he's a grown-rear end man, and he apologizes and sends her home.

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

Beef got completely high as hell with Nightlife Mingus and drove off a cliff as far back as 2003.

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Jerusalem posted:

He realizes the high school senior he's about to bang is a high school senior and he's a grown-rear end man, and he apologizes and sends her home.

The end! No moral.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wanderer posted:

I was about to say, there's Stoned Lightning, there's Ray & Lyle's Perfect Jays, there's Ray and Teodor getting baked on the roof before Nice Pete captures them, the Toilet Party... weed has always been a pretty major ingredient in this stew.

There's also the strip where Ray and Beef talk about how we should legalize and tax marijuana before segueing into a new holiday and stuff.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Plus Téodor is a pothead and the one explicitly most based on Onstad

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
It's fun to imagine entries from modern Teodor's blog as being Onstad's personal blogs.

quote:

Perhaps late one quiet fall night I'll be on the couch, reading, with the window open, and I'll hear the faintest strains of live music coming out of a neighbor's garage. I'll walk over, surprised and excited by my boldness, and out of their little window they'll see me looking in from the sidewalk. An unused guitar will be leaning against an amp cabinet, and they'll wave me in. I'll strap it on while they vamp, and lift my pick between thumb and forefinger, and then, suddenly, those many decades I spent practicing the first ten seconds of Greensleeves and La Bamba will all have been worth it.

quote:

I won’t lie to you, it had been some time since I’d seen action of any sort, so my sad little body was going into overdrive with the juices and hormones (are hormones juices? Or are they, like, thin clear serums? I honestly don’t know, but I’m going with thin clear serums, on a hunch) it was creating around the idea of this horny woman. And since when are women overtly horny? Yeah, yeah, I’ve heard girls say that they’re just as horny as men, that they practice blowing carrots in the bathroom at the mall and all that, but really, now. Until a woman can convince me that she has masturbated using an old velvet cloche with some rubber bands holding it closed—while desperately trying to tickle her taint with a feather-haired pencil-topper she’s affixed to a chair leg with twist-tie—no dice. Bonus points if she can say she actually went to Goodwill with the express intent of buying this stuff, after thinking the design through, for the scandalous purposes heretofore described. For me these scenarios are usually ad hoc, but women are said to be more cerebral about sex.

onstad.txt

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

quote:

Oh, I forgot to mention that she’d left a napkin in the toilet. It had balloons on it. There weren’t any napkins with balloons on them at the party. Did she have a kid? And who leaves a napkin in the toilet after flushing? Maybe she’d been picking her nose with it after the fact, or doing one of those secret things ladies do in bathrooms, like wiping her makeup around to make better cheekbones, or hiding the hole where the little alien baby wriggles its hand out. I tucked that one away.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

The fact that Ray finds 50 bucks while telling this horrible joke is both the most Ray thing ever and definitely the reason his friends left him.

That ray is being a real piece of poo poo, is the only person in that posse who isn't struggling financially and that it was just a complete throwaway single panel makes that one of my favourite achewood moments out of everything

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

bitmap posted:

That ray is being a real piece of poo poo, is the only person in that posse who isn't struggling financially and that it was just a complete throwaway single panel makes that one of my favourite achewood moments out of everything

Also, he's the only one who's not shook up from the car crash. Because he's Ray, and things go his way.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

prefect posted:

Also, he's the only one who's not shook up from the car crash. Because he's Ray, and things go his way.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
There's a new shirt in the store and it's a really cool design. Immediate purchase for me.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Wanderer posted:

Achewood has been around and I've been reading it long enough that when this strip was released I had no idea what they were talking about (now i'm an old timer groaning about the price of a lid)

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

There's a new shirt in the store and it's a really cool design. Immediate purchase for me.

That design is pretty good, but somehow I feel like I'd like it better on a bottle of hot sauce or as a patch or an umbrella or a can koozie or printed onto one of those little skateboards you use with your fingers.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Pastry of the Year posted:

That design is pretty good, but somehow I feel like I'd like it better on a bottle of hot sauce or as a patch or an umbrella or a can koozie or printed onto one of those little skateboards you use with your fingers.

Or on a tshirt that costs less than $25.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
Why does he not sell the "Fuckin'" posters yet?

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
The only achewood shirt I want doesn't exist

On the front it says
I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

and on the back it says
PLUS I
GOT
DEPRES-
SION

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I just want something with "IT'S A gently caress YOU FRIDAY" on it.

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

On the front it says
I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

and on the back it says
PLUS I
GOT
DEPRES-
SION

He definitely used to sell this and I definitely have one. I'll sell it you for huge amounts of money.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

On the front it says
I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

and on the back it says
PLUS I
GOT
DEPRES-
SION

It used to exist, because it's in my t-shirt drawer right now.

Grendel
Jul 21, 2001

Heh, heh, heh...bueno

JethroMcB posted:

It used to exist, because it's in my t-shirt drawer right now.
I lost mine after wearing it twice. I'm still pretty bummed about that.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I still have my dude has got no mercy shirt but it's starting to peel and that makes me feel like a guy who sucks

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Grendel posted:

Turns out you really were the guy that sucked

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Grendel posted:

How do you lose a shirt?

Grendel
Jul 21, 2001

Heh, heh, heh...bueno

withak posted:

How do you lose a shirt?

I have no idea.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

withak posted:

How do you lose a shirt?
Hit on a hard 16

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

withak posted:

How do you lose a shirt?

Flex real hard.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

:siren: New Achewood. :siren:

And it's a good Achewood!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

No it's not.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Yeah, that's not that great.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Yeah, this one's kind of half-assed. Also a typo, in an Achewood comic?!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I really dig the last panel + alt text combo :)

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

No, it's pretty good, all right.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I don't get it.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
haha, lol, trigger warnings? safe zones? wow what'll that rascal onstad think of next?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Countblanc posted:

haha, lol, trigger warnings? safe zones? wow what'll that rascal onstad think of next?

I hope you weren't triggered. :ohdear: