Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Your Computer posted:

LOOK.

AT.

THIS.

CUTIE!

:kimchi:

Oh. My. God.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Is there any way to target a specific pokemon when you're running around in tall grass? I think Omega Ruby had that. I want to get an Abra (I was wonder traded one that was too high level to use) and they're pretty rare so far.

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Festival plaza is getting too real

This isn't festive at all.

i like preschoolers :anime:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Is pickup or 48BP the only way to get Destiny Knot?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Uh.

Okay.

This is totally not hacked.

I got a Type Null for a Castform.

I got a Shiny Type Null for a Castform.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
Alola Raichu is pretty good, competitively, right?

'Cause I'm about to sink some silly hours into breeding a shiny one.

Cuntellectual posted:

Is there any way to target a specific pokemon when you're running around in tall grass? I think Omega Ruby had that.
Two steps forward, one step back.

The only way to find lots of the new pokemon in this game is to grind random encounters or SOS battles for god knows how long.

Xander B Coolridge fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Nov 30, 2016

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

So how fast do Pokémon level up in PokePelago? Do you lose out on level up moves? I just finished EV training my Battle Tree doubles team but they're all less than level 10.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Xander B Coolridge posted:

its definitely usable, yeah. it outruns basically everything in Electric Terrain and has a nice STAB coverage. it isn't super strong or bulky though so I'm not really sure how well it can take advantage of that speed, but i definitely see them pretty often.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
2 broken chains leade me to breed a fuckton of eggs.

100+ eggs later I get what I wanted.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Countblanc posted:

hey thb the tournament stuff has been real interesting so far

weird question though: why are they called "tours"? like i get that it's the first four letters of "tournament" but ive literally never heard the word tour used in any context other than going to various places. i had assumed based on context that a showdown/smogon tour was like, hopping between different tiers/gens to play a bunch of metagames.

im not really sure, the abbreviation was pretty common when i started playing so i just picked it up. the tournament specific showdown server is called "smogtours" so maybe it is from there. that's also the place you wanna go if u wanna watch live the big matches - PM me if i am on!! i will be right at the top of the user list

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Two steps forward, one step back.

The only way to find lots of the new pokemon in this game is to grind random encounters or SOS battles for god knows how long.

So no way to check out abilities or nature ahead of time either? That's so annoying.

I did find one with Timid and Synchronize, but I'd rather have Magic Guard on it if possible for maximum tryhard.

Unrelated is there any reason you can't just trade between Moon and Omega Ruby/Y in particular or is it just because game freak says so?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Evil Eagle posted:

So how fast do Pokémon level up in PokePelago? Do you lose out on level up moves? I just finished EV training my Battle Tree doubles team but they're all less than level 10.

Not very. It's faster the higher level your isle is, but even at max level it's not very fast. And due to the cap on training sessions, you can't just leave them in there forever.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

Countblanc posted:

its definitely usable, yeah. it outruns basically everything in Electric Terrain and has a nice STAB coverage. it isn't super strong or bulky though so I'm not really sure how well it can take advantage of that speed, but i definitely see them pretty often.

Is that in singles? I guess outside of Electric Terrain it's not outstanding, huh? :(

After those screenshots I'm still gonna breed a shiny one though. It's great!

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Is that in singles? I guess outside of Electric Terrain it's not outstanding, huh? :(

After those screenshots I'm still gonna breed a shiny one though. It's great!

Well, it's probably going to get huge power out of Electro Ball in Electric Terrain, so that's something, at least. It can potentially get 150 base power, which is then increased by stab, and then another 50% from Electric Terrain. So it's kind of nuts, even on 95 Special Attack.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

tbp posted:

im not really sure, the abbreviation was pretty common when i started playing so i just picked it up. the tournament specific showdown server is called "smogtours" so maybe it is from there. that's also the place you wanna go if u wanna watch live the big matches - PM me if i am on!! i will be right at the top of the user list

is there a list of upcoming tournaments? also are replays generally posted somewhere or is it just up to individual members to catalog matches they care about?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I'm trying to get Solgaleo into a Luxury Ball and it's not going well. I may just give up and use Ultra's since I plan to SR until I get a Jolly/Adamant one.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
white families are weird

(story spoilers)

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Nov 30, 2016

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Cuntellectual posted:

So no way to check out abilities or nature ahead of time either? That's so annoying.

I did find one with Timid and Synchronize, but I'd rather have Magic Guard on it if possible for maximum tryhard.

Unrelated is there any reason you can't just trade between Moon and Omega Ruby/Y in particular or is it just because game freak says so?

Pokemon games are never backwards compatible. When the Pokemon Bank is updated any transfers will be one way. Gen 6->Gen 7, no going back. This honestly probably has to do with the way Pokemon are coded being changed from generation to generation. Take Hyper Training for example. Gen 7 has a whole system of flags to determine effective IVs versus actual IVs. Gen 6 doesn't. Thus translating from gen 7 back to gen 6, or even worse back again, poses some problems.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Alright, finally had some time again to train for the second challenge. I got a pichu and magenemite and some cute little plant guy I can't remember. Does it take max hearts to evolve pichu? And are there any level up moves I can miss out on?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Consummate Professional posted:

Alright, finally had some time again to train for the second challenge. I got a pichu and magenemite and some cute little plant guy I can't remember. Does it take max hearts to evolve pichu? And are there any level up moves I can miss out on?

It's happiness, not affection.

And you can miss Nasty Plot, which is unfortunate.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Mazerunner posted:

post + video

You might want to spoiler tag that. Reminder: the game has been out for barely a week in Europe and not everybody flies through the story.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I got that but now I need do some more research this god drat game

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Captain Oblivious posted:

Pokemon games are never backwards compatible. When the Pokemon Bank is updated any transfers will be one way. Gen 6->Gen 7, no going back. This honestly probably has to do with the way Pokemon are coded being changed from generation to generation. Take Hyper Training for example. Gen 7 has a whole system of flags to determine effective IVs versus actual IVs. Gen 6 doesn't. Thus translating from gen 7 back to gen 6, or even worse back again, poses some problems.

Huh, I thought you could trade from the DS games to each other or something. Must be misremembering.

I guess it's not a big deal anyways, since anything I traded from Y (which I only got half way through) would be way over leveled anyways.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Mierenneuker posted:

You might want to spoiler tag that. Reminder: the game has been out for barely a week in Europe and not everybody flies through the story.

oh yeah good call

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

look man sometimes you can't stop the feeling

I appreciate that this vid actually changes their faces sometimes but i am stills ad at the lack of MMDs that use Lillie's Z-form

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Consummate Professional posted:

You can miss out on Nasty Plot if you evolve Pichu before 13. You can also miss Electro Ball if you evolve to Pikachu after 13. You should time it so Pichu evolves at 13 because then you get Nasty Plot and Electro Ball.

Running around and battle also increases friendship. Friendship is not directly tied to the heart system in Pokemon Refresh but is influenced by it.

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Cuntellectual posted:

Huh, I thought you could trade from the DS games to each other or something. Must be misremembering.

I guess it's not a big deal anyways, since anything I traded from Y (which I only got half way through) would be way over leveled anyways.

You can trade unrestricted between D/P/Pt and HG/SS. You can trade unrestricted between BW/BW2. Trading from D/P/Pt/HG/SS to BW/BW2 is one-way.

You'll be able to trade from X/Y/OR/AS to Sun/Moon one-way in January when PokeBank is updated.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
Is it actually possible to get a Prankster Sableye right now? I'm not sure if Sableye even calls for more help.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Note Block posted:

Running around and battle also increases friendship. Friendship is not directly tied to the heart system in Pokemon Refresh but is influenced by it.

No it isn't. At all. Affection and friendship don't interact.

Just throw it a soothe bell and ride Tauros in circles for a while.

Bleck posted:

Is it actually possible to get a Prankster Sableye right now? I'm not sure if Sableye even calls for more help.

Sableye can't continue the chain, but if you KO it Carbinks can keep calling for more help including Sableyes. Later ones have the increased stats/HA as normal.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Flagrama posted:

You can trade unrestricted between D/P/Pt and HG/SS. You can trade unrestricted between BW/BW2. Trading from D/P/Pt/HG/SS to BW/BW2 is one-way.

You'll be able to trade from X/Y/OR/AS to Sun/Moon one-way in January when PokeBank is updated.

The common denominator is that all of the games you can trade freely between are the same Generation.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Zore posted:

Oh ok! I didn't know that, thanks :P

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

drat, Alola Raichu is a really good shiny.

Like, almost "This should be the standard coloration" good.

they based it on shiny Dedenne

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Zore posted:

Sableye can't continue the chain, but if you KO it Carbinks can keep calling for more help including Sableyes. Later ones have the increased stats/HA as normal.

Excellent, thanks!

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Anyone mind trading my feebas back and forth? I want milotic. My FC is 4098-3109-8073.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Wouldn't it suck if they introduce the IV flags that govern Hyper Training this gen and then just take it away next gen so that any Hyper Trained Pokemon you port over is back to having poo poo IVs? Would be a very GF thing to do.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Beekeeping and You posted:

Anyone mind trading my feebas back and forth? I want milotic. My FC is 4098-3109-8073.

I'll trade you mine! That way we both get Milotics. Are you online now?

FC: 5129-2001-9949, IGN: Athena

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

Note Block posted:

I'll trade you mine! That way we both get Milotics. Are you online now?

FC: 5129-2001-9949, IGN: Athena

Yep! I'll add you then go to the plaza. :) IGN is Abby

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Beekeeping and You posted:

Yep! I'll add you then go to the plaza. :) IGN is Abby

Ok! I'm in the middle of a battle but will be done in just a moment.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
Ahaha! I just got wondertraded a magicarp in a beast ball.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Zore posted:

Just throw it a soothe bell and ride Tauros in circles for a while.

This is terrible news. I guess there was actually a greater consequence to accidentally WTing away a mon with a Soothe Bell on it afterall lol. I'm guessing that item is 1 per game, too. Whoops and oh well! :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Erata posted:

This is terrible news. I guess there was actually a greater consequence to accidentally WTing away a mon with a Soothe Bell on it afterall lol. I'm guessing that item is 1 per game, too. Whoops and oh well! :downs:

Wouldn't it be possible for Meowth to get it via Pickup or through Poke Pelego treasure hunting?