Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/tokunation/status/802129880175374336

Ex-Aid loving rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Hilariously terrible. I love this lovely show.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I love it.

I don't love Laser's Level 3 though. In a show of 'This is awful I loving love it', Laser Level 3 is 'This is awful please get it off my screen'

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Hi I like toku

Laser level 3 looks really hard to move in and visually busy even compared to the neon wonderland of the others so it's my least favourite. Gashacon Sparrow's pretty good though.

I like Ex-Aid, I hope there's a good Rider War (they're pretty much saying there will be one). I'm also watching Gaim as well so that might be where my desire for Rider fights is coming from.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Lazer's level 3 suit has to be hard to move in because in the fight scene between him and Genm he was attacking really slowly and awkwardly. It stood out as looking pretty bad.

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

This is the best, I love this show so much.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I guess making the level 3 robot create most of the former instead of just being armour over the level 2 Form caused Lazer's suit to be what it is. I hope level 5 doesn't have the same issues.

I also hope All Dragon mk-II isn't exclusive to Ex-Aid, seeing how he already has another power up coming.

Talking about All Dragon, it's confirmed that the "Legend Riders'" actors are back, except Kouta's for some reason. That calms down some of my fears, I expected cameos voiced by whoever Toei had around.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Still on the topic of Ex-aid (SPOILERS FOR NEXT EPISODE) Snipe's level 3 jingle is sung to the tune of the Chojin Sentai Jetman theme.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So according to a press release from Tsuburaya, the Orb spinoff is called Ultraman Orb The Origin Saga. It's 12 episodes with an episode every Monday and they're planning German and English subs (which may mean this has a chance of getting an official release outside Japan. Which would make sense as all but a handful of Ultra shows are already available in the US in some form or another).

It's apparently the story of Gai and Juggler's early interactions, so that's at least two main cast members returning for it. It's currently scheduled to begin airing on Amazon starting December 26th and according to the director will be a bit more adult-oriented in tone.

Since they're planning on rerunning the Ultraman Zero specials and movies after Orb ends I suppose this technically counts as the next new Ultra series.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Nov 28, 2016

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Ex-Aid 8 was pretty good. Wirework was fun, the action was a little less than previous episodes and there was a pretty good moment with the old factory guy that was nice. :unsmith:

Plot point got dropped in that you need "compatibility surgery" to be a Kamen Rider here and Emu hasn't had it. Presumably that might tie in to more of a connection with the Bugster in classic KR "use the foe's power against them" style.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
If Ex-Aid had a drinking game, you should be required to take a drink every time a character is just out of view spying on someone and smirking into the camera.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

The Deleter posted:

Ex-Aid 8 was pretty good. Wirework was fun, the action was a little less than previous episodes and there was a pretty good moment with the old factory guy that was nice. :unsmith:

Plot point got dropped in that you need "compatibility surgery" to be a Kamen Rider here and Emu hasn't had it. Presumably that might tie in to more of a connection with the Bugster in classic KR "use the foe's power against them" style.

I bet the joke is he's played so many games that he's infected, only his insane video game skills have been functioning like an immune system for his soul or whatever

Either that or they did it without telling him when he was a kid, which isn't too huge of a stretch.

Craptacular! posted:

If Ex-Aid had a drinking game, you should be required to take a drink every time a character is just out of view spying on someone and smirking into the camera.

My favorite is when Lazer is doing this. He's just so smarmy!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Larryb posted:

So according to a press release from Tsuburaya, the Orb spinoff is called Ultraman Orb The Origin Saga. It's 12 episodes with an episode every Monday and they're planning German and English subs (which may mean this has a chance of getting an official release outside Japan. Which would make sense as all but a handful of Ultra shows are already available in the US in some form or another).

It's apparently the story of Gai and Juggler's early interactions, so that's at least two main cast members returning for it. It's currently scheduled to begin airing on Amazon starting December 26th and according to the director will be a bit more adult-oriented in tone.

Since they're planning on rerunning the Ultraman Zero specials and movies after Orb ends I suppose this technically counts as the next new Ultra series.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm that sounds potentially amazing

Orb is at its best when it's going down the serious story. It's humor never really lands as well for me, though I loving loved the entire restaurant scene with the main girl's mom. If we can get more Juggler Orb troll fests that would be great

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

deadly_pudding posted:

My favorite is when Lazer is doing this. He's just so smarmy!

Japanese Coronor Doctor House is probably my favorite character in the show because the only way he could be a more direct copy of Dr. House is if he was somehow played by Hugh Laurie.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
other than the first two seasons what are the good garo things to watch

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

other than the first two seasons what are the good garo things to watch

The Byakuya no Maju movie, the Zero: Black Blood short series, the Raiga show (Flower of Makai) and the first anime (Honoo no Kokuin or simply Garo: The Animation). Evade any Ryuga series and the second anime.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Unrelated to that

There's a Soul of Chogokin MMPR Megazord/DaiZyuJin coming out this summer for three hundred bucks and it looks fuckin sweet

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

https://twitter.com/animatedtrigger/status/804012043468763137

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

GOD NO

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

its the one design i've seen that i actually kind of like, but mainly because its totally horrifying and alien

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Alpha-5 gonna have a baby by the look of that big ol' belly.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Are we 100% sure that no one involved in this movie's production is trying to actively sabotage it?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Legit hope that it sounds and acts exactly like the original.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Why would you give it the original head shape and then shove giant eyes on it for the love of Christ

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Legit hope that it sounds and acts exactly like the original.

I think Bill Hader is supposed to be the voice so he's still supposed to be wacky comic relief, presumably

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Burkion posted:

Why would you give it the original head shape and then shove giant eyes on it for the love of Christ

Poison Mushroom posted:

Are we 100% sure that no one involved in this movie's production is trying to actively sabotage it?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Parallax posted:

I think Bill Hader is supposed to be the voice so he's still supposed to be wacky comic relief, presumably

Good. Good.

... also is it me or does it look totally like a Bloodborne enemy? I have an instinctive urge to visceral attack it before my Frenzy meter builds.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Aye yi yi.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

ImpAtom posted:

Good. Good.

... also is it me or does it look totally like a Bloodborne enemy? I have an instinctive urge to visceral attack it before my Frenzy meter builds.

The MMPR thread suggested it would be a better fit for Xcom.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Twelve Elves posted:

The MMPR thread suggested it would be a better fit for Xcom.

Yeah, I can see it.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What pisses me off is, for a techno organic take on Alpha

This has personality. It's spindly limbs and beer belly are a genuinely good idea for a weird creepy little dude.

And it's the ONLY DESIGN LIKE THIS IN THE MOVIE

Every other design is either generic as gently caress or ugly in the worst ways

I could LIKE this design for its style, but none of the others have an ounce of it- And I know why! It's because he's the comic relief so they can get away with it

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

If you made the silver flesh colored you'd have an amazing Silent Hill monster design.

no go on Quiznos
May 16, 2007

Pork Pro
Now all it needs to do is talk like Alpha 6.

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President
This movie is going to audibly suck and I'm going to love it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
This movie is going to be amazing

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

his face looks like the starship enterprise.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
if anyone has garo makai senki in either HD or SD they should seed it (and also the fourth season)

disclosure im asking for a bunch of reseeds because im putting together a plex server of toku nonsense

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
another post to request reseed of drive in hd

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Bill Hader as Ugly-Alpha just makes me wish it's bitterly cynical as all hell.

Billy: "That sphinx is a hundred feet tall, and tearing up the city."
Jason: "Doesn't matter, we're gonna stop it."
Alpha: "Mmmm-hmmm? Maybe you should cool your jets, Fearless Leader, and try these..." [pushes button, zords are illuminated, musical power riff] "Or you could try going out there with your little swords and arrows and poke it in the toes. Not really any worries of mine."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
Wow, that "Fujiyama Ichiban Ultimate" kickstarter didn't go very well at all....

As of this post it's still under 6% funded.

• Locked thread