Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Starting to think Roberts might not be all that bright

Here's some good news for once:

Daraprim drug's key ingredient recreated by high school students in Sydney for just $20
For $US20, a group of high school students has created 3.7 grams of an active ingredient used in the medicine Daraprim, which would sell in the United States for between $US35,000 and $US110,000.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-30/daraprim-nsw-students-create-drug-martin-shkreli-sold/8078892

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

Is this loving for real

quote:

On Wednesday, conservative columnist Andrew Bolt had called for a "showdown" against the "neo-fascist left" at the event, saying Victoria Police should take a stand against the left's "intimidation".

Beyond parody.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

QUACKTASTIC posted:

Daraprim drug's key ingredient recreated by high school students in Sydney for just $20
For $US20, a group of high school students has created 3.7 grams of an active ingredient used in the medicine Daraprim, which would sell in the United States for between $US35,000 and $US110,000.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-30/daraprim-nsw-students-create-drug-martin-shkreli-sold/8078892

Time for some FDA approved drone strikes me thinks.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

aejix posted:

Is this loving for real

Beyond parody.

Reminder that Bolt had previously distanced himself from Malcolm-Ieuan: Roberts., the living soul because of the latter's antisemitism.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
They'll probably just end up getting paid for their formula by the original company unless it's open source

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Zenithe posted:

Quick reminder he's single.

Christensen is such a hateful prick because she is a repressing trans-lesbian who is projecting their internalised misogyny, transphobia, and homophobia.

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

Shunkymonky posted:

I put some money on Dutton becoming the next Liberal Leader. It just feels appropriate y'know.

Nah, its a power check position, like Defence or FA. Morrison ( a moderate) was put into that place (by Abbott) to absorb criticism. Dutton is Morrison's lunar-right counterpart now that the dusty old peanut shell-bloc of the liberal party holds the cards. It's prestigious and busy enough to occupy someone's attention longer than the designs of their ambition.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
The realisation that Morrison was a moderate has filled me with existential dread.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
Surely there are easier communities to sell the repeal of race hate laws to than the Jewish community.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Shunkymonky posted:

I put some money on Dutton becoming the next Liberal Leader. It just feels appropriate y'know.

I would toxx against that but I'm worried if it comes true I'd not have any other place to bemoan our horrific fate.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Gridlocked posted:

I would toxx against that but I'm worried if it comes true I'd not have any other place to bemoan our horrific fate.

That's why you also bet on it, so you can buy a new account with the winnings.

Shunkymonky
Sep 10, 2006
'sup
The odds are 21-1 and the maximum bet was $10, but it's enough to buy a few bottles of Zubrowka if it ever comes to pass.

Just with this new age of Trump, him coming out and being the most non-apologetically bigoted of late, the rightwing of the Liberal party obviously growing in power and Turnbull too useless to stop them... It's definitely not an impossible outcome anymore.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
George Christensen will just sit on Dutton and suffocate him into a jacketed human baked potato and then consume his corpse to satiate his eternal hunger. As he stands Georgie will then take the PM mantle.

I mean it won't fit because it will need custom tailoring but he'll be able to wear it like a cape.

Where is Turnbull in this narrative? Where indeed.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
I remember someone, Julia Bishop maybe, on q&a saying quotas were not needed for female ministers as appointments are totally made on merit.

Contrast with someone suggesting Christensen should be a minister.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

QUACKTASTIC posted:

Wow and I thought this article about people in Barwon prison making cigarettes from nicotine patches was impressive.

http://www.vice.com/en_au/read/a-maximum-security-inmate-taught-us-how-to-make-contraband-cigarettes

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts
'Fat shaming' is on the 'OK' list now?

Cool.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

QUACKTASTIC posted:

Most drugs cost gently caress all to manufacture. Their industry is like the movie industry in that the marginal cost is basically 0. The real solution is to pump government money into research, but that's never gonna happen when desperate people and insurance companies are willing to foot the bill for private drug company's wares.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Graic Gabtar posted:

Cool.

Huff farts, fatty.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

QUACKTASTIC posted:

drat isn't that the one Martin what's his face made bank off?

Edit: Yes yes it was. Helps if you read the article instead of :effort:ing like a chump at midnight.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Nov 30, 2016

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Graic Gabtar posted:

Cool.

'Yes'

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
'pfft, typical hypocritical regressive bigoted leftists' - a trump supporter

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
IT professionals are being hired on 457 visas in preference to Australian workers at the same time the NSW government outsources public services.

The Public Service Association has called for an urgent inquiry into the Baird government's decision to contract out public services, replacing full-time local jobs with overseas workers on temporary work visas.

In response to questions from Greens MP David Shoebridge, the government has confirmed it has used people on 457 visas to fill 32 full-time jobs following its decision to outsource ServiceFirst which looks after IT, human resources and payroll services. Minister for Finance, Services and Property Dominic Perrottet​ said that 32 workers "will continue in the role".

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Remember when the UN tried to put the Great Barrier Reef in danger on its watchlist and the government freaked the gently caress out and told them to delay it and that the government would write their own report to show that the reef is fine?

Well buckle up fuckfaces because that report is due this week and it's gonna be the stupidest piece of fiction we will read all year! :smith:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

quote:

The Australian government’s official “response plan” to the worst ever bleaching event on the Great Barrier Reef commits it to no new action, pledges no new money and does not make any attempt to address climate change, according to a draft seen by the Guardian.

Hohohohohoho

Queensland Tourism is next after manufacturing.

Thanks Turdball! You job creator.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice
Ongoing protest at Parliament House, this time in the fountain outside.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anidav posted:

Remember when the UN tried to put the Great Barrier Reef in danger on its watchlist and the government freaked the gently caress out and told them to delay it and that the government would write their own report to show that the reef is fine?

Well buckle up fuckfaces because that report is due this week and it's gonna be the stupidest piece of fiction we will read all year! :smith:

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

https://twitter.com/fleur_anderson/status/804098494457782272
Gotta get all the protests done by the end of the year.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The prime minister used a series of media interviews on Thursday morning to declare Labor wanted “white kids, rich, white kids from Europe, who come here on their holidays, to pay less tax than some of the Pacific Islanders from some of the poorest countries in the world”.

No it is YOU who are the privilege

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

open24hours posted:

https://twitter.com/fleur_anderson/status/804098494457782272
Gotta get all the protests done by the end of the year.

When I was in Canberra in August someone had put some weed killer on part of the lawn about smoking weed.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Cairns is gonna get completely hosed and no one cares.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Today the the Channel 9 Morning Show was on the TV in the break room and they were interviewing a personal trainer from the Gold Coast, who says she doesn't drink protein shakes and thinks that if you do you may as well just drink a milkshake. I thought to myself that this is like the Gold Coast equivalent of debating the meaning of life, then went back to fighting with the drink machine for my 90 cents in change.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/JoannaMather/status/804103870850834432

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Lid posted:

The prime minister used a series of media interviews on Thursday morning to declare Labor wanted “white kids, rich, white kids from Europe, who come here on their holidays, to pay less tax than some of the Pacific Islanders from some of the poorest countries in the world”.

No it is YOU who are the privilege

Yeah I wouldn't mind Tony Abbott at this point either, actually.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Stop the presses mate!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Fitness queen says shakes lack sheen!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/belinda_merhab/status/803520477637378048/video/1

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Mods change name pls

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-12-01/eddie-obeid-sentencing-hearing-told-ex-minister-unrepentant/8082686?pfmredir=sm

Go gently caress yourself Eddie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

Now that the Greens Nick McKim has confirmed they will back the 13% rate, we will have:

Labor 25
Greens 9
Lambie 1
Culleton 1
Hinch 1

And on 15%

Coalition 30
One Nation 3
Leyonhjelm 1
NXT 3

You can see we are at even stevens, noting that Bob Day is no longer in the senate.

The other thing to note is unless the government is prepared to bring the amendment to the house and back to the senate, the opposing parties can do nothing.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...e-politics-live

• Locked thread