Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Arsenal really lucky here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Insurrectionist posted:

Arsenal really lucky here

Extremely.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Seems like Wenger should have tried starting a few more good players, instead of bad players

I forgot Perez existed until this game and I'll definitely forget afterwards too

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Bogan Krkic posted:

fletcher looks skillful but not nearly good enough with his movement, payet owns, fernandes isnt good enough yet to play in a 2 man midfield, hello

the choke on the weekend was utterly shocking from Fletch, he could've scored with any of his touches up to the one he took. Fernandes owns, he should be wingback if Cress is dead.

Insurrectionist posted:

Seems like Wenger should have tried starting a few more good players, instead of bad players

I forgot Perez existed until this game and I'll definitely forget afterwards too

please dont forget super lucas

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Insurrectionist posted:

He's been out with an ankle injury since the Reading game. I think he's been ok. Iwobi has been very good. Ramsey very poor.

Edit: Special mention also for Elneny. He was dreadful.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Payet should not be allowed in his own half tbh

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

rex rabidorum vires posted:

He's been out with an ankle injury since the Reading game. I think he's been ok. Iwobi has been very good. Ramsey very poor.

He hasn't been bad enough to stick to the brain I suppose

Apparently he's been decent in his previous few apps so I suppose everyone forgetting this match won't hurt him much

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Insurrectionist posted:

He hasn't been bad enough to stick to the brain I suppose

Apparently he's been decent in his previous few apps so I suppose everyone forgetting this match won't hurt him much

He's made a few poor passes in the attacking 3rd for sure. His 2nd against Forrest was decent, but hasn't played much otherwise.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
I don't know why everyone is saying that West Ham are better with 3 at the back. Apart from Palace and Chelsea, we've defended terribly. More than a striker, we desperately need a right-back in January so we can switch back to 4-2-3-1

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

I don't know why everyone is saying that West Ham are better with 3 at the back. Apart from Palace and Chelsea, we've defended terribly. More than a striker, we desperately need a right-back in January so we can switch back to 4-2-3-1

You can have Jenkinson back

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

because it coincided with the return of Cresswell, which meant we could at least attack reasonably well.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Oh good. Antonio injured as well. The league cup isn't worth this poo poo

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Oh good. Antonio injured as well. The league cup isn't worth this poo poo

we're going to get relegated, embrace it. The owners might just gently caress off this time.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Ramsey you loving oval office pass the ball

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
wenger must walk imo

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Zlatan is loving mint

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
United are playing cool and good today

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
shame dong

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Camberlain you gently caress :(

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

I will be totally ok with any loss provided Rooney doesn't score, I want the media to keep banging on about the record forever and then it never happens. Rich man's Kevin Nolan.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

gently caress you Ramsey. If you could be sold for 30 million I would take it in a heart beat.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Paperhouse posted:

United are playing cool and good today

They are. This referee isn't cool and good though. You'd think that "guy gets kicked in the face in the penalty box with blood coming out" might be a penalty but apparently not today.

And then that most Rooney of all Rooney passes immediately afterwards. Oh Wayne, you did so well to get there too.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
United are qualifying for Europe through the league cup lol

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Rooney has actually been very good today it's quite strange

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Congratulations Southampton. You were the better team. Wenger absolutely hosed the selection up. Elneny is one of the worst midfielders I have ever seen and why he starts ahead of Xhaka I haven't the slightest idea.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Paperhouse posted:

we're utterly terrible and today we're even worse so it's not that strange, I reckon rooney would do well against any other championship quality side

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Paperhouse posted:

It's the beard IMO.

Spangly A posted:

I reckon rooney would do well against any other championship quality side

There's been a boatload of games where he didn't :v:

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
lmao that Zaza shot literally went out of play behind him

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
arsenal bad

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Paperhouse posted:

lmao that Zaza shot literally went out of play behind him

the header went out for a goal kick he's improving

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

loving hell Schweinsteiger is about to come on :O

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Feghouli is one of the most brainless players I've ever seen

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
why did Schweinsteiger come on

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

That was a lovely flick from Schweinsteiger, some brilliant play from Herrera and all round a nice goal.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

oliwan posted:

why did Schweinsteiger come on

it was his testimonial

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Congratulations Southampton. You were the better team. Wenger absolutely hosed the selection up. Elneny is one of the worst midfielders I have ever seen and why he starts ahead of Xhaka I haven't the slightest idea.

Arsene, with sails unfurled.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

United v Hull, Saints v Liverpool

Hull v Saints final imo

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Urgh. Only team i didnt want was Southampton

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
We can all be happy that Manchester United are getting the rub of the green again. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Brony Car posted:

We can all be happy that Manchester United are getting the rub of the green again. :)

We actually didn't in terms of refereeing but thankfully they just stuck the ball in the loving net for a change

• Locked thread