Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

EmmyOk posted:

Don't cry again, Deku, or they'll call you Bawl Might.

I have just found out what their practical exam for the end of the year is :supaburn:

You need to hurry and catch up so you can experience the weekly :tviv: 's with the rest of us.

We're in a come-down after the last arc but I feel like poo poo is about to pick up again, either this week or next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

EmmyOk posted:

It is shameful and disgusting tha All Might came fifth in the popularity poll.
It just means All-Might is nobody's top pick, which isn't that weird when you have Deku be his biggest fanboy in the show already.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

EmmyOk posted:

e: The chapter mentioned an anime and a spin-off?

Holy poo poo. Yeah. The anime is really really good (covers up to the villain attack, if I remember right) and so is the spinoff.

The spinoff, it's mostly 4-koma about ridiculous things. It's fun.

Also

Vengarr posted:

You need to hurry and catch up so you can experience the weekly :tviv: 's with the rest of us.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Did the vigilantes spin off get canceled or was that the All Might prequel?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Radish posted:

I think the magazine it was on got cancelled?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Oh, poo poo, I forgot about that one. Yeah, I think they moved it to a new mag, with a new chapter scheduled in December.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Vengarr posted:

Heck yeah!

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Holy poo poo. Yeah. The anime is really really good (covers up to the villain attack, if I remember right) and so is the spinoff.

The spinoff, it's mostly 4-koma about ridiculous things. It's fun.

Also

I watched the anime awhile ago and it was great, I think I watch episode 12 at least once a week to be honest. I'm actually watching the dub at the minute because I like to imagine character voices when I read the manga and it's much harder to imagine them all from nothing than it is to imagine the dub cast when I'm reading. Though Mineta will always be Timmy Turner to me.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Radish posted:

I never saw the All Might prequel confirmed anywhere, that might have just been a rumor.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

That's fine I honestly don't want this to get spread too thin.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I just got caught up on this and it's really great.

If All Might is voiced by anybody other than Jamieson Price in the dub it'll be a goddamn crime.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

If All Might is voiced by anybody other than Jamieson Price in the dub it'll be a goddamn crime.

he's voiced by chris sabat (vegeta and piccolo in dbz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TFAGAyLzcg

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

More importantly the voice of Armstrong from Brotherhood. Someone please remake this with All Might instead of Sig

Okay I had time before dinner

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Nov 30, 2016

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I honestly didn't even realize there was a dub

Is the whole first season already dubbed?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Yeah!

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
It started airing pretty quickly, during the season maybe? They've been doing that more recently.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

eonwe posted:

I honestly didn't even realize there was a dub

Is the whole first season already dubbed?

yeah, the whole thing's dubbed. you can watch it on funi's site.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
oh wow, I just watched it on Crunchyroll and had no clue about the dub. I'll go through and watched the dubbed version now. what an awesome surprise

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

Why would Price be in a funimation dub?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

All Might beating the Nomu gets even better when you realize that each and every one of those punches was probably a city destroying weather disrupting monster. The only reason the whole sequence looks as "sane" as it does is because the Nomu is literally cancelling out the power of those punches until the last one.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

NecroMonster posted:

All Might beating the Nomu gets even better when you realize that each and every one of those punches was probably a city destroying weather disrupting monster. The only reason the whole sequence looks as "sane" as it does is because the Nomu is literally cancelling out the power of those punches until the last one.

Except none of that actually comes across and we have to be told that by Deku who knows it because reasons. RAPID FULL POWER PUNCHES is a standby I'd honestly rather see shounen stuff drop. It's rarely done well.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Endorph posted:

I still don't really like the bit with the crazy spinning camera but everything else about that scene is somehow even better than I remember.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

chumbler posted:

Except none of that actually comes across and we have to be told that by Deku who knows it because reasons. RAPID FULL POWER PUNCHES is a standby I'd honestly rather see shounen stuff drop. It's rarely done well.

i disagree because two dudes punching each other a lot owns

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

it can't come across visually, the situation makes that impossible.

you've got to infer this by using your brain to examine the situation.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

chumbler posted:

I love Rapid Full Power Punches though. :(

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Rapid Full Power Punches rarely works because it usually looks like normal Rapid Punches and it takes more effort than people are usually willing to put in to show the visual feedback that, no, each of these punches is actually as strong as a Full Power Punch.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Endorph posted:

The anime really does improve on the Noumu fight by showing how much impact All Might's blows are having, both around him and on Noumu himself. The wind pressure makes it impossible to approach and Noumu's body is getting warped by the impact of the blows. In the manga, some of this is stated--- the wind pressure thing is brought up as a reason that Shigaraki and Kurogiri can't approach--- but the show, don't tell element is good.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
out of all the heroes, earphone jack may be one of my favorites

its versatile as hell and its just legit cool

she even has her own archvillain already, Apple

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Xarbala posted:

Rapid Full Power Punches rarely works because it usually looks like normal Rapid Punches and it takes more effort than people are usually willing to put in to show the visual feedback that, no, each of these punches is actually as strong as a Full Power Punch.

All Might should have used the Dempsey Roll against that Noumu.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I think the anime does a great job showing that it's not just a punch rush because intermittently one will overcome Nomu's nullification and snap his head back or blow him backwards a few feet. Cutting to the other characters being buffeted by the force also shows up really well in the animation.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i thought it was really cool but i also like punchman stuff

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

eonwe posted:

out of all the heroes, earphone jack may be one of my favorites

its versatile as hell and its just legit cool

that's one of my favorites, i think the others are bakugou's explosive sweat and "just has a really big tail"

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

eonwe posted:

Jirou goes to the inventor girl to get USB-C adapters for her jacks.

And the tables have turned! What will Apple do next?!

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012
Hot drat, I didn't know about the 4-koma so I just went through them all. Genuinly laughed out loud and went daww reading it. Especially at Tsuyu in the cold.

Could have done with less Mineta, even if I laughed at the jokes.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Zernach posted:

Hot drat, I didn't know about the 4-koma so I just went through them all. Genuinly laughed out loud and went daww reading it. Especially at Tsuyu in the cold.

Could have done with less Mineta, even if I laughed at the jokes.

My Hero Academia: Could have done with less Mineta

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Neo_Crimson posted:

Jirou goes to the inventor girl to get USB-C adapters for her jacks.

And the tables have turned! What will Apple do next?!

Know when to fold them and team up with Jirou to fight against Bakugou, who has teamed up with Samsung.

With the trustworthy sidekick Grapeboy and his Blackberry sponsors.

EDIT: Is Blackberry still a thing.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Hate-Senpai posted:

Know when to fold them and team up with Jirou to fight against Bakugou, who has teamed up with Samsung.

With the trustworthy sidekick Grapeboy and his Blackberry sponsors.

EDIT: Is Blackberry still a thing.

Even if it's not, Mineta will stick with it.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
Where are guys getting the leaks for the Tiger & Bunny/MHA crossover special?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Countblanc posted:

that's one of my favorites, i think the others are bakugou's explosive sweat and "just has a really big tail"
A really big, strong, prehensile tail

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

New chapter out

Christ bakugou get a punching bag if you seek therapy through violence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
^^ Great minds, huh? :haw:

Chapter is out. So, it seems that this here throwdown is less about Deku's sudden growth and more about absolving Baku's guilt about causing the downfall of his idol. Fortunately, we know that our Midoriya is good at the whole "punch therapy" thing, so we might be seeing a breakthrough in this relationship.

resurgam40 fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Dec 1, 2016