Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Batman should just gently caress Batman and get it over with

What, like Terry McGuinnes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Are we talking a Harold and Maude remake meets Batman beyond with Clint Eastwood and JGL as past and present Batmen discovering a budding passion for each other as they struggle to bring stability to the streets of future Gotham?
I never watched that cartoon show as a kid or any of the other superhero ones goons swear by, but I think this is a sound pitch

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Are we talking a Harold and Maude remake meets Batman beyond with Clint Eastwood and JGL as past and present Batmen discovering a budding passion for each other as they struggle to bring stability to the streets of future Gotham?
I never watched that cartoon show as a kid or any of the other superhero ones goons swear by, but I think this is a sound pitch

I'm not sitting through another movie explaining Romeo and Juliet laws to me.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Barudak posted:

I'm not sitting through another movie explaining Romeo and Juliet laws to me.

If it has an extended and awkward as gently caress Chinese milk product placement, we might be talking otherwise nah.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Junkie XL retweeted this: Lex's theme in BvS is a corruption of Superman's theme.
https://twitter.com/dceufacts/status/700471055278694400

Meanwhile, CW's Archie series trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uISW88bFaxs
This is how you know it's on CW.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

The MSJ posted:

Meanwhile, CW's Archie series trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uISW88bFaxs
This is how you know it's on CW.

Holy poo poo, does that kid guy have (some) body hair? Holy poo poo, CW's evolving.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

we don't have The CW where I'm from or where I live - what percentage of it is funded by cashing in on teen thirst?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

well why not posted:

we don't have The CW where I'm from or where I live - what percentage of it is funded by cashing in on teen thirst?

well they have supernatural, all their other shows casting ridiculously attractive people for fans to get in a bother over combined could barely scratch how nuts that fandom gets over the actors on that

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

CW shows are either teen dramas starring hot people, scifi/fantasy dramas starring hot people (including their crown jewel Supernatural), or comic book adaptations starring hot people.

Riverdale's showrunner is the same guy in charge of the recent more realistic Archie comic book reboot. Sabrina will reportedly appear by the end of the first season as an escapee from a cult, and will probably get her own spinoff.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

http://nerdist.com/billy-dee-williams-will-finally-play-two-face-in-the-lego-batman-movie/

Billy Dee Williams is gonna voice Two-Face in the Lego movie... :aaa:

As the article states, he was supposed to be him in Batman Forever but Schumacher changed his mind.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Concept Art of MMPR's Alpha

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
I hope that stays as concept art because :wtc:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Concept Art of MMPR's Alpha

this owns

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I was like what the gently caress is MMPR.

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The thing I hate about that the most, besides just hating the eyes because they already gave it the head design why shove eyes on there

Is that this thing oozes style. This thing is weird and gangly and has a pot belly and is just a neat creepy little dude. And absolutely NOTHING else in the movie shares that.

Everything else is either generic as gently caress or really ugly in a bad way.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

yeah i'm not really a fan of their Rita Repulsa either (the casting's fine, the costume, ehhh)

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

yeah i'm not really a fan of their Rita Repulsa either (the casting's fine, the costume, ehhh)

I'm not sure why she's a plant monster instead of an evil witch. Maybe they'll explain that in the movie

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm not sure why she's a plant monster instead of an evil witch. Maybe they'll explain that in the movie

It looks like they're setting her up as a fallen Green Ranger.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

The MSJ posted:

Junkie XL retweeted this: Lex's theme in BvS is a corruption of Superman's theme.
https://twitter.com/dceufacts/status/700471055278694400

This is neat. I love Lex's theme but hadn't realized the similarity. Thanks for posting it.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Vintersorg posted:

I was like what the gently caress is MMPR.

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

Same, I instantly went 'Massive Multiplayer... Play Rollers?'

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.
Looks like they're bringing the Marvel Model to the Universal Monsters:

Wikipedia posted:

On July 16, 2014, Universal announced that they had tapped Kurtzman and Chris Morgan to develop all classic film monsters which include Frankenstein's monster, Count Dracula, The Wolf Man, Creature from the Black Lagoon, The Invisible Man, Bride of Frankenstein, and The Mummy. The first film they will develop together will be The Mummy, for which they had begun the meetings. On July 30, Kurtzman was set to direct the film. In mid-October 2015, The Hollywood Reporter revealed that the new Mummy film might be based on a female character.
Here's the teaser for the Mummy Reboot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAWo9_V2qOg

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I'm not going to lie, even though they'll probably be half the movies the original Golden Age horror films were, them bringing them back in a monster mashup with crossover potential is pretty neat to me.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I'm interested. Cruise and Crowe? Oooooooh.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

I like The Mummy (1932), Abbott and Costello Meet the Mummy, The Mummy (1999), and I'm pretty sure I'm on board with Tom Cruise and Russell Crowe Fight a Sexy Mummy just as a matter of principle.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I hope they're all villains in their Avengers style movie and the real team up is a bunch of A listers set to take them all down. Or...Darkstalkers.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Curiously attractive... FOR A FISHMAN

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Crowe and Cruise are two of my favorite actors, so them being in The Mummy together makes it a good movie based on principle for me.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Will the Wolfman have nards?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Will the Wolfman have nards?

Your answer is in his name.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Gyges posted:

Your answer is in his name.

Maybe his owners had him fixed.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Real talk, the fact that they aren't using the Larry Talbot character as the hero of the movies and instead focusing on the Hellsing character is loving insane.

Larry Talbot was the hero of the Universal films, to the point of actively hunting down Frankenstein and Dracula in Abbott and Costello.

That would give you the perfect excuse to have a brooding hero type as your lead across the films.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
First Official Trailer for Guardians Vol: 2 premieres tonight at 8 pm EST during the ACC Championship game. It will be online around that time too.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

First Official Trailer for Guardians Vol: 2 premieres tonight at 8 pm EST during the ACC Championship game. It will be online around that time too.
https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/805181301502283776
E: I loving love Dave Batista :allears:

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Dec 4, 2016

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

that is my favorite loving trailer for anything right now

oh my god dave batista

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
Wow, that was a terrible trailer. I'm already sick of baby Groot. I doubt the movie will be as bad as this though.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.

Ego-bot posted:

Wow, that was a terrible trailer. I'm already sick of baby Groot. I doubt the movie will be as bad as this though.

Yeah I hope they keep baby Groot low key and don't force him in everywhere. I have faith, GOTG is still the best superhero film around right now.

Also holy poo poo that trailer looked stunning, Civil War was pretty ugly looking so it's good to see how colourful this trailer was in comparison.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Ego-bot posted:

I'm already sick of baby Groot.

Same, but everywhere else on the internet everyone is jerking off over him.

Dug the trailer quite a bit otherwise.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Dec 4, 2016

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Ego-bot posted:

I am Groot :doom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I don't get any sense of the plot from that trailer but I love Mantis already.

• Locked thread