Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

If I let myself post art here, I'd never get off the computer.

A slightly less creepy take on the Crispano siblings' relationship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miss Nomer
May 7, 2007
Saving the world in a thong

Maera Sior posted:

If I let myself post art here, I'd never get off the computer.

But that rabbit hole leads to such glorious things

Vastakaiun
Apr 16, 2008

Everything post-skating in this week's episode had me grinning like a big idiot. :3:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Yurio is a cutie

M. Morgan
May 9, 2012
I cooked katsudon for dinner, thinking I'd eat while watching this week's episode but instead spent the whole time grinning like an idiot :kimchi:

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Alder posted:

Yurio is a cutie

Oh, gosh :kimchi:

Blue Nation
Nov 25, 2012

Vastakaiun posted:

Everything post-skating in this week's episode had me grinning like a big idiot. :3:

:agreed:

That final sequence was incredibly heartwarming, my heart grew 3 sizes :3:

Chedranian Girl
Sep 15, 2008

IS THAT A WEAPON?
Christ, though, Yurio's dance was amazing (and I'm really digging the longer hair).

This whole episode was really really nice! Everything about it was just so lovely, and the end had me beaming like a lightbulb. Is next week the last one? :(

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Chedranian Girl posted:

Christ, though, Yurio's dance was amazing (and I'm really digging the longer hair).

This whole episode was really really nice! Everything about it was just so lovely, and the end had me beaming like a lightbulb. Is next week the last one? :(

it should be 12 episodes, given sites are listing it with 6 BD volumes and there are usually 2 episodes per disc.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I want this show to run forever

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

devtesla posted:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

devtesla posted:

I want this show to run without Mappa splitting time between it and two other shows

RainbowCake
Apr 1, 2010

Refurbished cats may have scratches, dents or other forms of cosmetic damage which do not affect the performance of the unit.
The whole episode was great and all, but I feel everyone is overlooking the most important detail

Makkachin lives :3:

Ayana
Jun 29, 2010

Hee-Ho!

devtesla posted:

I want this show to run without Mappa splitting time and budget between it and two other shows

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I know everyone's aw-ing over Viktor's "That sounded like a marriage proposal," but what got me was his next line.

"I hope you never retire."

If this show doesn't end with a wedding, at this point I'd be shocked.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

JJ's act of redemption is getting Yuri and Viktor Canadian citizenship so they can get legally married.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Speaking of, I loved JJ being all "I'm dancing FOR CANADA" in his internal monologue.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

devtesla posted:

How much merch do we have to buy to maintain the gay figure skating machine?

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

I'm hoping that round and gold thing isn't just a medal

I am SO EXCITED for more fanart tbqh

Slithy Toves
Oct 29, 2007
"Somehow it seems to fill my head with ideas--only I don't exactly know what they are!"

a cartoon duck posted:

JJ's act of redemption is getting Yuri and Viktor Canadian citizenship so they can get legally married.

I laughed.

In all seriousness, though, I can't understand the hate for JJ when he makes such a good rival for Yurio. Their interactions are hilarious, and I hope season two spends plenty of time building up their burning spirit sports rivalry.

(I really, really want a season two. :()

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

tbh i just want Sayo Yamamoto to make another show on this level by end of 2017/sometime 2018. four years between shows is too much for me.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Liver Disaster posted:

How much merch do we have to buy to maintain the gay figure skating machine?

If any of it was out yet, I'd be buying some!

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

dogsicle posted:

tbh i just want Sayo Yamamoto to make another show on this level by end of 2017/sometime 2018. four years between shows is too much for me.

:same: :agreed: yes

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:

Gnossiennes posted:

I'm hoping that round and gold thing isn't just a medal

My withered crone heart couldn't take it, but I'd die happy.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

The_Doctor posted:

smh if you don't already have $100+ of merch preordered :shepspends:

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I'm waiting for figures

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:
I've got the tissue box pre-ordered, but otherwise waiting for figures.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

The_Doctor posted:

GLHF http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/series/4768

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/valerieflames/status/804136243969802243

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

I lost it at the airport. My poor heart.

Miss Nomer
May 7, 2007
Saving the world in a thong
That's one of the other skaters, isn't it?

And did this show just imply that Evgeni Plushenko is Yurio's dad?

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
There's no way that Victor survives to see the Grand Prix final, is there?

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kytrarewn posted:

what the gently caress, this is absolutely not that kind of show.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Kytrarewn posted:

I think the doom and gloom spoilers were all thrown out the window even before the kiss

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Kytrarewn posted:

The staff would be lynched if they did that, because jesus christ they can't do that!

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Kytrarewn posted:

MODS!

I just finished binge watching all episodes out right now, I can't believe just how good this show is. Everything apart from the animation budget (in some episodes) is amazing. And there's no way Yuri on Ice finishes without a happy ending!

Chedranian Girl
Sep 15, 2008

IS THAT A WEAPON?
Please forgive me because I'm a complete anime noob and this is a whole new rabbit hole for me, but do shows like this generally get more series or will it be a self-contained season? Am I an idiot for hoping for a S2 where Yurio goes for gold under the wings of Viktor/Yakov? I only just discovered this show last week, binged everything and I really don't want to believe it's over so soon :( - I'd have thought the fact they're making plans for a ton of merchandise would be a good sign but I don't know if that's standard for anime even though the show will be finished before any of it's released?

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Kytrarewn posted:

viktor was actually the ghost of a fox all along, and at the end yuri will marry him on a hilltop

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Chedranian Girl posted:

Please forgive me because I'm a complete anime noob and this is a whole new rabbit hole for me, but do shows like this generally get more series or will it be a self-contained season? Am I an idiot for hoping for a S2 where Yurio goes for gold under the wings of Viktor/Yakov? I only just discovered this show last week, binged everything and I really don't want to believe it's over so soon :( - I'd have thought the fact they're making plans for a ton of merchandise would be a good sign but I don't know if that's standard for anime even though the show will be finished before any of it's released?

Assume no S2 until S2 is announced. Keep in mind that this show is straining at the production values as well, fighting deadlines all the way, so I don't know if the director can do it for another season, even.

But I feel you. I really want an S2 as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Filter to just the released items and you get 5 books and a CD!

• Locked thread