Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
So I finally got 5 of my ships up to 2* and was able to do tier 2 of the ship building materials challenge. It says 225k but I was getting significantly less. Less than the tier 1 even. Either it's bugged or there's a large dumb range like credit heist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Malgrin posted:

I've made some suggestions, but I'm not really in a position of authority. Two_Step has a lot more ship stuff than anyone else on here I think. I haven't spent any money on ships, so I only have the basic stuff, and nothing over 3*, so it's hard to say so far. If I had to say right now, of the non P2W heroes with ships, Biggs and JC seem like the best. Boba is probably better, but rarely shows up in shipments, so save 400 to buy him anytime he shows up, cause he's supposed to be third best, behind Adv Tie and Falcon. I've heard that Fives is strong. I haven't heard much about Rex, Geo Spy, or Sun Fac's ships. Imperial Tie is probably the weakest ship so far, mostly because it has 0 protection. I don't know yet if it ever gets protection, so that's really weird. Clone sergeant also seems really strong for being G4 level 50. I've also heard that Wedge's ship is a bit weak. Ahsoka is really strong.

So, in short, I'd focus on Biggs, JC, and Boba, but generally bring up the star level of everyone together because of the challenges. I also don't think it's a waste to spend currency on Maul, Rex, or SF. They're all really strong.

Have you heard of any TI whales messing with Bistan's ship yet?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

oops wrong forum posted:

Have you heard of any TI whales messing with Bistan's ship yet?

I haven't really been watching for anything with him, but I haven't seen anything. I'll ask around.

e: his ship is supposedly good, especially with a stealth team of maul and geo spy

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Nov 30, 2016

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
"Countdown To Rogue One Pack" has been added to the store. You get one for free! :swoon:

Cost: 1,499 Crystals

10-30 Scarif Rebel Pathfinder shards
10-30 Shoretrooper shards
45 5* training droids
560k - 1.68M credits

Max 2 packs per day from Nov. 30 to Dec. 16

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Vulpes posted:

Tie Fighters don't have shields, that's kinda their thing. It has high evasion to supposedly compensate, but the jury is still out on whether it's a suitable replacement.

Mine has 31% dodge (Tie pilot 7* gear X) and its unique gives 26% turn meter to Tarkinīs ship. It also hits pretty hard. Itīs also the only Imperial ship Iīll have for a while cause I am not getting the x1, no chance in hell making top 25 even if I spend 350k ally points I have.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
I installed the game for the first time in like a year and made it to prize rank 6 in the tournament.

115 points short of rank 5 (60 vs 25 ship blueprints). :negative:

e: 611-932-891 if any guilds are open.

Lazyhound fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Nov 30, 2016

Tupac shot Cobain
Jul 4, 2003

Just picked this up on iOS, looking for an open guild spot if there are any.

268-976-466

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Who should I be collecting from cantina shipments? Was think Fett since I still only have 3 DS characters.

Also, I got the tutorial on how to do ship battles, but don't see anywhere on the menu to play them?

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
Ship battles only open at level 60.

e: Rank 6 and two wins worth of points from 5. There's no way I can generate enough ally points before the deadline. :suicide:

Lazyhound fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Nov 30, 2016

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

two_step posted:

Sadly the most farmable ship, plo koon, seems to be really really bad.

How dare you talk smack about the Koon!

But yeah it is pretty lame. His basic attack does about the same damage as JC and Biggie, but his other abilities are boring. Poor Plo. It has a nice paint job though?

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Nov 30, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Venture posted:

"Countdown To Rogue One Pack" has been added to the store. You get one for free! :swoon:

Cost: 1,499 Crystals

10-30 Scarif Rebel Pathfinder shards
10-30 Shoretrooper shards
45 5* training droids
560k - 1.68M credits

Max 2 packs per day from Nov. 30 to Dec. 16

I definitely did not receive a free one.

edit:

Wow, the squad tourney only had 1 refresh this time and I missed it.

Fuckin' great.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Nov 30, 2016

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Apparently the free pack is currently only on android.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

Aside from the 4* Biggs, Android does tend to get the best stuff. I guess Apple had that one Ewok thing too.

Also, last night I got my TFP to G10 and 170 speed. Now that I have shoretrooper, he's going to be so OP.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Jesus Christ... gently caress this game.

1 pack and I'd have a shore... but I don't want to blow 10 bucks worth of crystals on it!

He's pivotal as gently caress, why are they doing this to me!

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Nov 30, 2016

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.netmarble.starwars&hl=en

So is this like SWGoH 2 or what

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
gently caress them, I bought 1 pack to GET a 4* shoretrooper.

1 more thing to level and gear...

Whitey Snipes
Nov 30, 2004

Nah, it's a Star Wars knock off of Clash Royale, nothing in common with GoH style gameplay.

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Not feeling AA with my Wiggs/Lando with the shortage of mods I have available just not enough speed to go around. Is STH (7 star)/Shoretrooper (4 star) the best compliment or should I get RG (4 star but climbing slowly) in there somehow?

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Davethulhu posted:

This is a flaming hot sack of poo poo but mostly I'm just mad that I can't just log into my account on my phone to get this because these devs are terrible.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Boozie posted:

Not feeling AA with my Wiggs/Lando with the shortage of mods I have available just not enough speed to go around. Is STH (7 star)/Shoretrooper (4 star) the best compliment or should I get RG (4 star but climbing slowly) in there somehow?

Yeah, I'd definitely run the ST Wiggsdo with Shore (W lead)

e: I didn't keep very good track, but I think I spent about 40-50k AP for top 100. Getting 60 instead of 25 DV shards seemed pretty worth it...at some point there will be opportunities to get another 20. I don't think I could've gotten top 25 without spending 200k+ AP. Last I checked I was 1200 behind, and people were sprinting, so probably 1500 behind. At the end there, I was averaging 4/5 survival rate (I really need raid Han maxed to bring that up to 5/5 -- working on Shore then Boba). So, at ~43 points per 5k AP, I would've needed 175k more AP to finish things out. I should've done a few more attacks yesterday -- I didn't even pull out my droids, but I'm fairly happy overall.

Here's a pretty good tournament strategy from someone in TI -- it's basically what I've been doing

quote:

Ok, so here are some notes from my tournament experiment:

First, some baseline info. I started out on an "average" shard; I didn't see the final score of #1, but I think it was around 8.5k. Also, compared to most of TI, I have one of the lowest swgoh.gg rosters scores (50.03), but probably average for most players in the game. So, your results should be better than mine.

*Day one*: I joined four hours after the beginning of the tournament. Then, I waited until three hours before refresh to start battling. I used 35k points and got to rank 55 (with a score of about 3,500). By this point I was getting 7/3 points for each survivor/victim.

*Day two*: I did not battle until two hours before payout and had dropped to 232. I was still getting 7/3 points per battle, so dropping rank did not increase the battle payout. However, the opponents were significantly easier than they were at rank 55. I was able to gain 500 tournament points just using my Jedi counter team (IGD, Anakin, Aayla, QGJ, Ahsoka) with refreshes up to 750 for each character. Then, I switched to my Rebel team, but that did not last long before I was encountering teams that I could not beat efficiently. Then, I ended the tournament with my Empire team (EP, Shore, RG, Vader, and TFP). This got me an average of 4 survivors per victory. After spending an additional 40k for the day, I was able to return to #55. In order to get to 25, I would have needed about 200k more ally points...but I only had 140k, so I decided to stop and save my remaining points for the next tournament.

*Takeaway*: For the CI tournament, I zerged right off the bat and got to #5 in the first hour, and eventually spent 180k AP, but only finished around 135. This time, following the method outlined above, I was able to finish around 60 (didn't see my final score yet) and only spend about 75k points. I estimate that it would have taken my meager roster 275k to finish in the top 25. Extrapolating even further, I could have gotten up to #1 for approximately 675k AP (for a tournament score of 8,500).

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Nov 30, 2016

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
I used all the AP I've been collecting since the last tournament and got in the top 25. I was too excited to see my actual placement but I got just enough to unlock Vader's ship. It also gave me enough ship currency to level the ship to 70! :swoon:

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Dr. Venture posted:

I used all the AP I've been collecting since the last tournament and got in the top 25. I was too excited to see my actual placement but I got just enough to unlock Vader's ship. It also gave me enough ship currency to level the ship to 70! :swoon:

That's pretty amazing. I don't have any ships to level 70 yet, but I've been leveling 6-7 ships all at once...got several up to 65 thanks to today's payout.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Malgrin posted:

That's pretty amazing. I don't have any ships to level 70 yet, but I've been leveling 6-7 ships all at once...got several up to 65 thanks to today's payout.

I have my Sun Fac ship up to level 80 (5*), it is pretty good - 71K health/42K protection, 126 speed, 150% crit dam, 7635 physical damage. It is also at 41% armor (13% from SF), which seems to make a big difference for survival.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

two_step posted:

I have my Sun Fac ship up to level 80 (5*), it is pretty good - 71K health/42K protection, 126 speed, 150% crit dam, 7635 physical damage. It is also at 41% armor (13% from SF), which seems to make a big difference for survival.

Yeah, I'm maybe thinking I should just start putting everything into Biggs' ship. His kit definitely seems the best of what I have available right now. Once I get around to unlocking the Zetas challenge, then I'll be looking at spending ship currency on P2W heroes like SF, Rex, and Maul, followed by their ships.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Boozie posted:

Is STH (7 star)/Shoretrooper (4 star) the best compliment or should I get RG (4 star but climbing slowly) in there somehow?

Yes! As I said recently I am running Wedge(L), Biggs, Lando, STHan, Shoretrooper(4*) and it's the strongest team I've ever had. Where before I'd get #1 in arena maybe once every 2 weeks if I was lucky I am getting it everyday with ease. Shoretrooper dies very fast but he does his job because it's better than one of your DPS dying.

e:

Malgrin posted:

Yeah, I'm maybe thinking I should just start putting everything into Biggs' ship. His kit definitely seems the best of what I have available right now.

That's what I've been doing. Biggs' ship is incredible and him being able to tank more damage is what's been winning me games. He has to stay on top.

Dr. Venture fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Dec 1, 2016

Boozie
Feb 2, 2013
Is the fleet mega pack just full of regret or worth considering if I have a lot of crystals?

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
One thing I noticed during this tourney is that Sun Fac is insane. I lost several matches to teams with him/wiggs/lando that were thousands of points below me in total power. How is he not a bigger part of the meta with his tanking, every round debuffing, and self-healing? Is it because he wasnt farmable until fleet shipments?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

fishtobaskets posted:

he wasnt farmable until fleet shipments?

This

Also, if you are on a shard with whales, they all have SF and he's awful to play against.

Boozie posted:

Is the fleet mega pack just full of regret or worth considering if I have a lot of crystals?

If you can only buy one, it is probably not worth it. If you plan to buy a few, it'll probably give you a good jump in ship arena rankings. Also, chance to unlock Falcon, so there's that. I think from what I've seen it gives you shards for 4 heroes, and for their ship, and picks from any of the possible ships right now except DV.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Boozie posted:

I bought 3 of them. It's helped me maintain my spot in the top 10. I'm also just 20 shards from Slave 1 because of it, so that's nice.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
DotyManX SA
Benny Skakey
Dayen Nightwind
Qbe
Muadib

Rancor damage starts at 9 AM or PM PST depending on the schedule. Please wait half an hour before closing out the phases. Thanks.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Hey QGJ folks, please pay attention to rancor raid start times. Damage phase will start at either 9 am or 9 pm pacific time. Since this seems to be too complicated for some people, specifically Benny Skakey and Dotyman X, the rule is now to ask before dealing damage. If you aren't going to be around during the beginning of the damage phase but you want to get in some sweet sweet p1 damage, start the fight and then pause the app. As long as you start before the rewards are handed out, your damage will count.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Dave, you mean igd not qgj

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
If you need to go ham on something feel free to murder the tank raid :downs:

e: I think he meant the QGJ folks who joined IGD

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Yes, sorry, I did mean IGD.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Speaking of which, this is directed at the actual goons of QGJ: I would like it to be known that I think we should attempt another T7 Rancor soon to see how do. I feel like we should be able to beat it but we're really just kind of spinning tires by doing the T6 over and over.

If anyone has opinions on how/when this should be done please feel free to post here or mention something in the chat maybe (I probably won't see it).

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

99/100 Han Solo shards. I knew I shouldn't have overslept today!

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

iGestalt posted:

99/100 Han Solo shards. I knew I shouldn't have overslept today!

It's okay, soon you will know the mediocrity of 7* Han Solo.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Spakstik posted:

It's okay, soon you will know the mediocrity of 7* Han Solo.

Indeed! I do like him, though. I've been using him in Credits and my Rebel GW squad. Lackluster but not bad.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I don't know, there is one guy on my shard that uses wiggs with raid han and he is fairly dangerous. Super fast and hits super hard. It's probably mostly mods though, like always.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Mr. Neutron posted:

I don't know, there is one guy on my shard that uses wiggs with raid han and he is fairly dangerous. Super fast and hits super hard. It's probably mostly mods though, like always.

I've noticed the same on my shard. But now that I've started running Shoretrooper I eat them for lunch. :getin: