Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

lazorexplosion posted:

The actual explanation is almost too stupid for words but here goes: Star Marine is a game that exists inside the Star Citizen universe, and Inter Dimension software is presumable the fictional software publisher that publishes Star Marine in the fictional Star Citizen universe. When you play Star Marine your character in the Star Citizen universe is playing a video game inside another videogame. It's all very :psyduck:.

Basically:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qoc7MbHj4P0&t=505s

Except not fun or cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Beet Wagon posted:

Spoiler Alert: It's not Star Marine

e: also it's nsfw probably in case you haven't figured that out.

So D_Shart is Ryan Archer's alt?

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

ManofManyAliases posted:

BTW Derek - the updated evocati build is pretty, drat good. You know this right? From your access? You know about the fixes and the ship that is now flyable? The new pirate swarm? The bar/lounge that is now open in GrimHex? DAY ONE FIXES.

edit: toodles

Holy poo poo!

They made a ship flyable?

VengerTL
May 29, 2013

Sabreseven posted:

Sorry if I missed this but..

"Inter Dimension software"

Um, so that star marine is an outsourced piece of software? And not in fact made by *CIG/RSI/insert this years holdings company* but some entry level software design students on their first year of work experience training? That kinda explains a lot.

Edit; caught up with thread, so this was CR basically attempting to mock one of the old powerhouses of first person shooters? Now I'm unsure if its ego, balls, or just stupidity that makes him do these really embarrasing things, note to CR: If you are going to pay homage (ie; like the way you pay homage to publishers) then at least have a comparably decent product first, you bring dishonor to your peers you horrible little thumb head.

So Arena Commander is like a videogame within star citizen, some one else will explain it better but basically the dog fighting module and vanduul swarm are made by this company ingame so pilots can test their skill vs vanduul and be prepared to fight them, similarly I think Inter Dimension is the name of the ingame company that developed Star Marine, which uses battle from the lore to create simulations players can partake in

Edit: First post!
This thread moves too fast for me

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
i don't know who the saddest person in this thread is

the obviously mentally ill D1E

or toast/moma who vacillates between not knowing what he is talking about (regression testing lmfao) or bragging about flipping ships on the grey market that he presumably got at a discount for being a cig employee

but they should both be banned.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ComfyPants posted:

Holy poo poo!

They made a ship flyable?

Buckle your brain because there is also a bar/lounge that is now open in GrimHex, it's all very exciting

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

VengerTL posted:

This thread moves too fast for me

You should see it move when CIG really fucks up :D

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

peter gabriel posted:

Buckle your brain because there is also a bar/lounge that is now open in GrimHex, it's all very exciting

Yes, but is there any procedural birds yet?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Variable 5 posted:

:ughh:

How many :smug: smileys will Derek post when he tries to play this latest bit of stupidity off?

I say 8.

Out of curiosity, how's your refund status?

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Sabreseven posted:

You should see it move when CIG really fucks up :D

Or when we're only a few dozen pages away from another one million dollars one thousand pages.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Tippis posted:

Nah. I think there's a twist to that old thing.
No matter who wins, they all lose, but everyone else wins.

True. I'm feeling the need to spite pledge.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

ManofManyAliases posted:

BTW Derek - the updated evocati build is pretty, drat good. You know this right? From your access? You know about the fixes and the ship that is now flyable? The new pirate swarm? The bar/lounge that is now open in GrimHex? DAY ONE FIXES.

you really overplayed your hand here.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
New thread title is good and cool, much like doxxing.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Sabreseven posted:

Sorry if I missed this but..

"Inter Dimension software"

Um, so that star marine is an outsourced piece of software? And not in fact made by *CIG/RSI/insert this years holdings company* but some entry level software design students on their first year of work experience training? That kinda explains a lot.

Edit; caught up with thread, so this was CR basically attempting to mock one of the old powerhouses of first person shooters? Now I'm unsure if its ego, balls, or just stupidity that makes him do these really embarrasing things, note to CR: If you are going to pay homage (ie; like the way you pay homage to publishers) then at least have a comparably decent product first, you bring dishonor to your peers you horrible little thumb head.
Yeah it pretty much is; Mushmouth is so far up his own rear end that this is the 2nd time he's done it. There's also that Electronic Access "company" within the game to do the same thing to EA.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Ahh the old "get him to doxx himself" trick.

From the guy who refuses to verify any of his sources. Brilliant tactician, I says.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

peter gabriel posted:

Can you please make a video showing all the new GAMEPLAY that is available in the new BloodDark bar? There is GAMEPLAY for sure right?

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

MeLKoR posted:

Well at least we know he's not Toast.

I'd say MoMA is pretty much Toast right now :v:

It's like an old silent movie of pratfalls and :rimshot:s. I'm the plunky detuned ragtime piano in the corner.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Acquilae posted:

Yeah it pretty much is; Mushmouth is so far up his own rear end that this is the 2nd time he's done it. There's also that Electronic Access "company" within the game to do the same thing to EA.

dont forget "Galactic Tour"

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/801230882896019456

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhJQp-q1Y1s

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

you really overplayed your hand here.

did he really edit out the name he listed, like it was some epic gotcha? lmfao

get hosed toast

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

And all the starship troopers propganda ripoffs

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

starkebn posted:

Can you please make a video showing all the new GAMEPLAY that is available in the new BloodDark bar? There is GAMEPLAY for sure right?

I do not know but I am super excited to find out!

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Congrats. I guess you should be happy to finally get a bare-bones FPS mini-game (built on an FPS engine) at least 6 months late and after having CIG mislead backers about it for better than a year. Cudos on the success tho big fella.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Because obviously when you're making an MMORPG and single player game simultaneously and running late on both of those things the first step is to conceive and build a third game within a game and do that first. This also helps split your MMORPG's playerbase between the actual game and the game within a game, which helps neither be populated.

These are the sorts of good decisions on which Star Citizen rests.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

The 100% legally actionable blog! :aaa:

I thought it was a myth!

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Propagandist posted:

Thread's getting weird again.

But this time I'm aroused.

Just for you....)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

ripptide posted:

Just for you....)
pls no furry poo poo

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
They said it could never be done.

But after just five years and $140 million, CIG has delivered a janky, laggy, barebones 4v4 FPS game in an off-the-shelf FPS engine.

Two maps. TWO! WHOLE! MAPS!

What now, h8ers? :smuggo:

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

ripptide posted:

Congrats. I guess you should be happy to finally get a bare-bones FPS mini-game (built on an FPS engine) at least 6 months late and after having CIG mislead backers about it for better than a year. Cudos on the success tho big fella.
Six months late? They started work on it in loving 2013.

It's taken clown incompetent games 3 loving years to make a half baked FPS in an FPS engine.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

So a year ago I prordered FF15 for my brother and as of yesterday he could not wait one day for it to be delievered and downloaded it. Now I have a copy of FF15 and instead of returning I'm gonna try to play it.

On a scale of 0 to Shitizen how stupid am I

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
Imagine how sad you would have to be to get super smug about a 86 week late mid 2000 era team deathmatch being released in 2017 for the low low price of $140,000,000

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Wise Learned Man posted:

They said it could never be done.

But after just five years and $140 million, CIG has delivered a janky, laggy, barebones 4v4 FPS game in an off-the-shelf FPS engine.

Two maps. TWO! WHOLE! MAPS!

What now, h8ers? :smuggo:

citation needed

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Nicholas posted:

And all the starship troopers propganda ripoffs

CR has pretty much never had an original idea, he talks like a bored village idiot and stammers over complicated words or phrases, walks like a shuffling incontinent zombie and doesn't seem to posses any "up and at 'em" or energy for anything other than his impression of a thumb. This, visionary used car salesman that he is, unimaginative and dreary just like S42.

It's why he only ever wears black, it being a total absence of colour and therefore needs no imagination or thought about item compatability. He will never wonder if his shoes will 'go' with his trousers.

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
its at least 1 year and 8 months late, with many of the features for that release slashed.

but one of the many features of autism is context blindness so any minute amount of progress can seem huge.

D_Shart
Nov 30, 2016

Nicholas posted:

So a year ago I prordered FF15 for my brother and as of yesterday he could not wait one day for it to be delievered and downloaded it. Now I have a copy of FF15 and instead of returning I'm gonna try to play it.

On a scale of 0 to Shitizen how stupid am I

a game reviewer spent 2/3rds of her review discussing about how this was the least toxic representation of masculinity shes ever seen in a videogame. 10/10

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Imagine how sad you would have to be to get super smug about a 86 week late mid 2000 era team deathmatch being released in 2017 for the low low price of $140,000,000

Also it is their second try at it and Illfonics looked much better :laugh:

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Derek - I smell you typing up 1000 words from here. Let me save you the trouble:

Please don't respond unless you provide any of the following:

-you have proof of an investigation (e.g.: a photo of documentation pertinent to CIG et al.)
-you have a signed letter from a lawyer to CIG with your demands
-you photograph your evocati access with your name and today's date - signed by you (which is LOL since you stated your own computer laptop can't even run your shitbox of a game, LOD.
-MRI of your positronic, AI neural net, mathematical-logic brain

I'll wait.

Hurray! All of this prove SC will be out time, on budget, and it will be great! Hurray!

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Yeah I know the Top Gear/Grand Tour stuff, but CIG rips it off for promoting JPEGs rather than going all :smuggo: to the competitors.

Acquilae fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Dec 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

the title

• Locked thread