Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
In a text.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
Enough with the loving spinning.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Hahahahahaha, apparently Guggenheim is now fully regretting ever making Olicity a thing.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

This FFXV ads confuses me. Why is Florence & the machine singing over a stranger things pastiche?

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Scyantific posted:

Hahahahahaha, apparently Guggenheim is now fully regretting ever making Olicity a thing.

Do not go on Twitter. Nothing but gross Olicity shippers.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Yeah, a Flash/Supergirl teamup against human level competition seems somewhat overpowered...

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

All their super powers.. let's punch her!

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

nooneofconsequence posted:

All their super powers.. let's punch her!

Super punching is a power though

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Man, this is just a solid dick punch to poor Ollie, Thea and Sara.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I'm fine with leaving Thea in the matrix.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Holy poo poo, that Thea/Sara combo move.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
That whole fight scene was aces. On top of the co-op Thea/Sara maneuver, it was cool to have Ollie brain Deathstroke through the eye again.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
Was that a really awfully photo-shopped Colton Haynes? Because it looked like a really awfully photo-shopped Colton Haynes.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

FELD1 posted:

That whole fight scene was aces. On top of the co-op Thea/Sara maneuver, it was cool to have Ollie brain Deathstroke through the eye again.

And Sara kill Damien the way he killed Laurel

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Also I'm enjoying the way the shows hand off taking the lead for each part of the crossover.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
If you had told me on Arrow's premier in 2012 that eventually in S05 Ollie would be blasting aliens in space with a ray gun, I would've been very skeptical. That was nuts in the very best of ways.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Calling it now, Curtis is going to perfect his T-Spheres with help from the alien tech.

E: Scope out this throwback picture Paul Blackthorne posted to his Facebook. Gotta love Barrowman just being called "Well-Dressed Man"

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
I was really unsure about having this whole episode be a weird alternate universe with a marriage but that whole episode was really good. Holland and Amell really knocked their scene together out of the park. And the final bit was really fun, too. Really excited for what tomorrow night brings.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That would have been the perfect moment for Laurel to step out of a pod.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Judaism being the key to finding Ollie and crew amused me a great deal.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:

howe_sam posted:

Judaism being the key to finding Ollie and crew amused me a great deal.

Maybe I'm imagining things but I feel like I've seen this same kind of thing happen wrt alien language before in some other sci fi thingy.

Or I read it in a book, or something.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Oh hey I just realized the bit about Tommy being off in Chicago practicing medicine was a Chicago Med reference. :haw:

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

They are using very "wonder woman" like musical cues with Sarah when fighting.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Scyantific posted:

Calling it now, Curtis is going to perfect his T-Spheres with help from the alien tech.

E: Scope out this throwback picture Paul Blackthorne posted to his Facebook. Gotta love Barrowman just being called "Well-Dressed Man"

Good old Det. Hilton...the most forgotten character from the pilot since the Queen family housekeeper.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Dead Snoopy posted:

Good old Det. Hilton...the most forgotten character from the pilot since the Queen family housekeeper.

Well to be fair he was killed off.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Stealthed Zombie posted:

Maybe I'm imagining things but I feel like I've seen this same kind of thing happen wrt alien language before in some other sci fi thingy.

Stargate was pretty big on it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dead Snoopy posted:

Hilton made it a few episodes. Grundy killed him, I think.

It's Kelly Hu who disappeared.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
I think my favorite moment was Ollie taking an arrow in the shoulder, and groaning, but in more of a "oh this poo poo again" way more than anything.

And incrementing the Ray Palmer Fuckup Counter

Edit:

The actor who played Tommy went on to play a doctor on Chicago Med, making the Thea/Malcom conversation about him kinda funny.

OB_Juan fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Dec 1, 2016

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

jeez, it's kind of crazy seeing Robert and Moira after such a long time. also liked that the title card was all the arrowheads from the first five seasons

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Was going to say I was disappointed that there was no super-powered cross-over team-up beat downs of aliens this episode but then Thea and Sara did an arrow alley-oop so I'm good

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

WhyteRyce posted:

Was going to say I was disappointed that there was no super-powered cross-over team-up beat downs of aliens this episode but then Thea and Sara did an arrow alley-oop so I'm good

What, no love for Barry and Kara's superpowered combo move on the cyborg lady?

While this was very much an Arrow episode, goddamn Benoist was so great. :allears:

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Scyantific posted:

Oh hey I just realized the bit about Tommy being off in Chicago practicing medicine was a Chicago Med reference. :haw:

I've never seen a show so brazenly say, we love this guy and its awesome he got this role too bad he couldn't make it 4th wall reference.

Also, I know it's obvious but it's cool that Ray and Sara were included with the Arrow 100/Crosssover because of their origins in the show.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
That was a really good 100th Episode :toot:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Moira :smith:

Edit: You can say dickwads on tv now?

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Dec 1, 2016

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Why are the aliens Jewish

Okay a lot of this was off-the-scales dumb but much of the hallucination stuff was genuinely heartwarming and well-written.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No they were saying Jews are aliens.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the whole simulation was a bunch of dickpunches to Oliver and Thea, i actually felt really sad at the end when Oliver saw everyone

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Aphrodite posted:

No they were saying Jews are aliens.

Maybe Trump was right about everything all along?!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Goddamn Thea and Ollie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Stealthed Zombie posted:

Gematria/Kabbalah/Numerology is big in stuff like alchemy, mysticism and ancient alien theories. It comes up a lot.

• Locked thread