Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fulchrum posted:

A reminder that waaaay back, Trump couldn't even correctly name a book of the Bible and was running against a guy who could repeat the entire old testament from memory. He still won evangelicals easily in the primary because he spoke openly about what they cared about most - being an unapologetic racist shitheel.

I learned everything I knew about evangelicals when they came out in droves to vote for a divorced Hollywood actor over a sunday school teacher who implored Americans to reject excessive materialism and live within their means during a time of energy shortages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

etalian posted:

Bernie bros are joining together resist Trump, while really sad Hill Folk are already waving the white flag and giving up.

the Hillarymen are desperate to cling to whatever scraps of power they can, even if it means smooching some orange buttflaps

:sad:

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Rand alPaul posted:

I learned everything I knew about evangelicals when they came out in droves to vote for a divorced Hollywood actor over a sunday school teacher who implored Americans to reject excessive materialism and live within their means during a time of energy shortages.

In retrospect, it's a miracle they supported Carter the first time.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Fulchrum posted:

In retrospect, it's a miracle they supported Carter the first time.

In retrospect, Bernie would have won.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Fulchrum posted:

Bernie: "we need to reach out to the people who elected Trump, to convince them that our way is better"

What a brave and daring stand, just the sort of clear thinking that we need.

Ferenstein: "I'm going to try to reach out to the people who elected Trump, to convince them that our way is better"

loving COWARD! HANG THE MISERABLE TRAITOR!

who the gently caress are you even talking about, how are you still so mad

Subjunctivitis
Oct 12, 2007
Causation or Correlation?

Fulchrum posted:

Bernie: "we need to reach out to the people who elected Trump, to convince them that our way is better"

Ferenstein: "I'm going to try to reach out to the people who elected Trump, to convince them that our way is better"

"We're going to address the issues that Trump supporters care about and hold his administration to that while doing our best to bring them over to our side because we'll show them we actually fight for those things."

"We're going to find ways to compromise on the rightward shift in power, move that direction, and try to convince moderates we aren't so bad and placate the working class we ignored with soundbites and jazzy politicians."

hmmmmmm, yes

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

loquacius posted:

who the gently caress are you even talking about, how are you still so mad

Some dude who wants to write for Breitbart.
because 'liberal punching bag' on the website that proudly hosts milo yanananananananana is sure to actually accomplish reaching out to the disaffected.

It's an eye-rolling move that shows the person doing it doesn't actually understand what is meant by "reaching out" and serves more to make him look like a hero than accomplish anything.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Subjunctivitis posted:

"We're going to address the issues that Trump supporters care about and hold his administration to that while doing our best to bring them over to our side because we'll show them we actually fight for those things."

"We're going to find ways to compromise on the rightward shift in power, move that direction, and try to convince moderates we aren't so bad and placate the working class we ignored with soundbites and jazzy politicians."

hmmmmmm, yes

You got all that from 'I wrote something for Breitbart'?

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Listen, and understand! Fulchrum is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop... ever, until you are sick of his posts.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Listen, and understand! Fulchrum is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop... ever, until you are sick of his posts.

but we reached this threshold months ago

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
A good way to know if you're doing things exactly wrong is if you do this.

https://twitter.com/jeffjarvis/status/804080925336342528

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Jeff Jarvis believes google glass was a highly successful product

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Joementum posted:

Democracy via capitalism

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I require more context for the upbeat cereal sales manager

Serf
May 5, 2011

Joementum posted:

wtf is this reverse boycott bullshit

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Instant Sunrise posted:

i mean, to be fair, Davis got screwed over by literal Enron, the dot com collapse loving up the state budget, and Darrel loving Issa (who later got pushed out of his own goddamn recall election)

and yeah schwarzenegger didn't do that bad of a job other than a special election in 2005 to try and gut the public employee unions that went down in flames, at which point he ran to the left to get re-elected and then spent his second term endorsing things that ended up killing the california GOP.

Davis was just another Democrat too cowardly to enact the necessary leftist solution to the problem of capitalism, i.e. calling the National Guard to take over just one power plant and ordering it not to shut down for bullshit reasons.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
smorz

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
the worst thing about andrew breitbart dying was that he didn't die early enough

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Joementum posted:

Zizek has said some dumb poo poo lately, but when he says we're eating from the trash can all the time, this is what he was talking about.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

loquacius posted:

I require more context for the upbeat cereal sales manager

Jeff Jarvis is a professor of media studies who is a "liberal" who supported Hillary, the Iraq war, and was one of the organizers for the GoFundMe to give the NC GOP money when they burned down their shack.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Democracy via capitalism

Disney-PepsiCo Presents: The Verizon "USA-Mexico Border Wall Act" sponsored by SC Johnson, A Family Company

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Joementum posted:

Jeff Jarvis is a professor of media studies who is a "liberal" who supported Hillary, the Iraq war, and was one of the organizers for the GoFundMe to give the NC GOP money when they burned down their shack.

why does he want people to buy cereal :confused:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Jeff Jarvis is also a supreme google shill. The futurist internet of things is great, put wifi in every toaster/washer/espresso machine, is really loopy and kinda jarring to see play out irl because of his influences

edit: any tech pundit seems to be bad

Serf
May 5, 2011

LegoPirateNinja posted:

Kelloggs pulled advertising from Breitbart

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

LegoPirateNinja posted:

Kelloggs pulled their web ads from Breitbart, so a whole bunch of Trumpsters are pretending to boycott them. Jeff thinks the correct response to this is to stock up on Frosted Flakes.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
But that means they advertised with Brightbart in the first place

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
those alt-right readers just fuckin love cereal

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
BIRTH CONTROL MAKES WOMEN UNATTRACTIVE AND CRAZY sponsored post by kellogg

Serf
May 5, 2011

LegoPirateNinja posted:

But that means they advertised with Brightbart in the first place

ford sold cars to the nazis

nothing new here

Subjunctivitis
Oct 12, 2007
Causation or Correlation?

Fulchrum posted:

You got all that from 'I wrote something for Breitbart'?

Fulchrum posted:

You got all that from "lmao" and "the Hillary supporters sure are lame"?

Good luck to this guy, though. I mean, Breitbart already posted a link to it and their commenters are a mixed bag of "lmao" and "get this libtard globalist outta here" and "w/e this is a free speech site, let him post his crappy opinions" so maybe he can help sway the conversation a little.

His public proclamation of his intentions is pretty lame, though. It demonstrates that he needs some pats on the back, but he's gonna get laughs from the right.

My hot little take, though, is from the impressions I'm getting from both sides of the Dem factions.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
fair enough but that's why Ford gets marginalized in history books. he requires a mention for the assembly line and the Model T, but he was a major visionary who deserves way more recognition than Steve Jobs and poo poo for his impact on business but the nazi ties pretty much killed his legacy.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Joementum posted:

You can take my liberty but you'll never take my Pop-Tarts® Trumptards!!!

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015

logikv9 posted:

those alt-right readers just fuckin love cereal

Wow they are nice and pissed off.

https://twitter.com/The_Trump_Train/status/804133897571336192

https://twitter.com/KamVTV/status/804117865259483137

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lol so corn and soy are toxins now?

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Good god people buy oatmeal.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

i'm the genetic testing on the sugar

Serf
May 5, 2011

LegoPirateNinja posted:

fair enough but that's why Ford gets marginalized in history books. he requires a mention for the assembly line and the Model T, but he was a major visionary who deserves way more recognition than Steve Jobs and poo poo for his impact on business but the nazi ties pretty much killed his legacy.

the founder of Kelloggs liked to have yogurt put into his rear end, so he is also excluded from history

crossposting because the people have a right to know

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I'm so fuckin' happy the TOXINS crowd is now a right wing phenomenon too. It's such a weight lifted from our backs.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i'm the trump supporter deeply concerned about GMOs in food

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

SpaceGoku posted:

i'm the genetic testing on the sugar

lmao i didn't even catch that. kudos to whatever lab scammed these morons