Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

checksin posted:

there's no way lita's not on that desk team unfortunately

"That's a, uh, she's a moonsault. High impact, erm. Huh."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

:agreed:

Hopefully they just have the Takeovers be on the weekends of the "big 4" and then have another one between WM and SummerSlam to keep it from dragging.

Eh, they should've had one this year between Summerslam and Survivor Series at Full Sail, like Respect last year. Otherwise, yeah.

If Nakamura's winning the title back in Japan, I really hope they just say 'gently caress it, Joe's moving to the main roster starting now' and set up Nakamura/Itami for San Antonio. Aries is already on the main roster, judging by his appearance at 205 Live yesterday, so it isn't much of a stretch to jettison the Aries/Itami feud until further notice and pull the pin on Itami before he's injured again.

Venomous fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Nov 30, 2016

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
I would imagine it would be more detrimental for him to be injured on the main roster than on NXT, but I'd also imagine he'd be less likely to be on the receiving end of a poorly executed move and be injured from that on said main roster.

ChineseConnection
Jun 23, 2005

AMReese posted:

She's no Susan Saint James, that's for sure

This is a world class joke/reference.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Destroy My Sweater posted:

"That's a, uh, she's a moonsault. High impact, erm. Huh."

Aren't we all moonsaults, really?

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I've been told that Melina is actually being considered for the tournament.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!

ChineseConnection posted:

This is a world class joke/reference.
Uh-oh!

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

NXT is on

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Eric Young's goodness is proportional to his leatheriness

This means he's good

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Nikki Cross, also good

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Nikki Cross needs to dial it back multiple notches.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Disagree. More gesticulating

Young and Jose seemed to work pretty stiff there

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I know in my brain Cross is good but she's so tiny. Tiny in a way I don't notice with Alexa Bliss. When Bliss was with a group of guys she was the focal point and that isn't there right now.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
Cross is around people that are tall even by wrestler standards though (and Eric Young).

The tallest people around Bliss was Blake and Murphy, who look like they may be taller than Eric Young.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
jesus the Authors of Pain nearly murdered two jobbers (warning: gross)

http://www.sescoops.com/video-botched-spot-nxt-tapings-11-30-2016/

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Benne posted:

If they do this, I hope she at least develops some chemistry with Mauro and gets to do more natural commentary without scripts. Her stilted, canned banter with Booker and Lawler on the pre-shows is just unbearable.

That whole format is awful and has been from the beginning.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

abraham linksys posted:

Tm61 looked alright after the match to me

For real though god drat

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Various thoughts:

No Way Jose is the best prospect in NXT.

Joe/Dillinger was really good and I enjoy Joe talking poo poo while murdering someone.

Lita wasn't a bad commentator on Heat so maybe she'll be better calling a tourney than pretending to care about a preshow.

The Authors of Pain should probably never do that powerbomb spot again because it's sort of a blind throw for the second one and that fencing response is horrifying.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol AoP are such loving scrubs, jesus christ

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I think Quackenbush is a great play by play and would be a good announcer for the tournament along with Graves

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I imagine the second dude is supposed to land on the first dude's chest. That is scary.

MinibarMatchman posted:

lol AoP are such loving scrubs, jesus christ

I mean they are both 22.

Anyway I just came here to say the part where Samoa Joe screamed "SITCHER rear end!" at Tye Dillinger was great.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Holy poo poo why is Dillinger not on the main roster.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Solus posted:

Stay tuned!

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Solus posted:

Tye is the perfect 205 :v:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

abraham linksys posted:

Between this spot and the flying chain at Toronto, I wonder if the Authors are getting legit rookie jitters.

They're still really young and really green, so it might be wise to dial back their push a bit until they're more refined in the ring. Imagine if they did this to DIY at a Takeover instead of two random jobbers on TV.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It's so cool to see Dillinger hanging with Samoa Joe - I want him to make it to the main roster as an endorsement of the hard work and effort he has put in, but I also think he'd sadly get lost and overlooked quickly there.... hopefully I'm wrong!

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I think it's just a really dumb spot that they'll stop doing. Every spot that involves plopping two opponents on top of each other always sucks and doesn't make sense anyhow. Just powerbomb them on the mat, duh.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Or do like a wheelbarrow on the second guy so he can see the landing.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Anyone got a mirror to the video since the original tweet went down?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

dont even fink about it posted:

I think it's just a really dumb spot that they'll stop doing. Every spot that involves plopping two opponents on top of each other always sucks and doesn't make sense anyhow. Just powerbomb them on the mat, duh.
They should have just kept doing that power bomb spot where they lift both partners and then ram them into each other before powerbombing both of them

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

They should make Heavy Machinery the new authors of pain and just not mention it.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013
I was having a discussion with somebody a few months ago and came up with a partial list of talent for a women's tournament. These are just young-ish wrestlers with enough talent to get signed, you can fill out the roster with veterans and a few Joshi wrestlers:

Nixon Newell - (agreed to terms according to todays WO). Young, talented and good looking.

Hania - Great looking, wouldn't look out of place during the model era. Trained by Quack and is pretty good in the ring.

Evie - Terrific talent, still fairly young too I think?

Nicole Savoy - If she recovers from her injury in time.

Toni Storm - Signed with Stardom so might not be available

Rachael Ellering - Had a terrific match for her experience with Tessa Blanchard in Shine.

Tessa Blanchard - No reason not to use her for this even with the rumoured attitude problems.

Jordynne Grace - Talented, not the look they usually go for.

Heidi Lovelace - Talented, not the look they usually go for.

Kimber Lee - Talented, not the look they usually go for.

Jinny - Best heel in Europe, man or woman

Kay Lee Ray - Good solid worker

Britt Baker - Young, haven't seen much but she looked decent.

Brittany Blake - Young, haven't seen much but she looked decent.

MJ Jenkins - Really new. Only seen her twice a couple of months apart and she improved a lot. Kind of similar gimmick to Marti Belle, but she connected more with the crowd during a five minute pre-show match than Marti has in her career.

Polyanna - Solid worker.

Bea Priestley - Decent worker, great body...

Dahlia Black - Has a good gimmick with her boyfriend, but is decent enough on her own too.

Norwegian Rudo fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Dec 1, 2016

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Charles Gnarwin posted:

No Way Jose is the best prospect in NXT.
His haymaker-based offense is boring, and I say that as someone who loves methodical brawls.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rovert are they gonna debut that Brazilian girl they signed at the WWC? Having her get an upset win in round one before losing in round two to an established vet seems like a good start to a career.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Tokamak posted:

Tye is the perfect 205 :v:

Wait what

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

Rovert are they gonna debut that Brazilian girl they signed at the WWC? Having her get an upset win in round one before losing in round two to an established vet seems like a good start to a career.

She's VERY new to wrestling. I doubt it.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Norwegian Rudo posted:

I was having a discussion with somebody a few months ago and came up with a partial list of talent for a women's tournament. These are just young-ish wrestlers with enough talent to get signed, you can fill out the roster with veterans and a few Joshi wrestlers:

Good list, Norwegian Rudo.

A few things:

Jinny got the feedback she's too green. Which is true as she barely wrestles relative to her peers. They WILL have another look at her sooner than later.

STARDOM's contracts just mean you can't Wrestle for other Japanese promotions. You are free to sign with WWE.

Some fans might not know Nixon Newell. She's very reminiscent of Candice LaRae. A high flyer that fans really gets behind.

ChineseConnection
Jun 23, 2005
Is there a good chance of seeing Candice in it? It seems like I keep hearing conflicting things about whether its likely or unlikely.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I think Nixon is one of the better bets. she is a few shades bigger than candice but that only makes her dives more impactful, if anything

Evie is a no-brainer though she is like 2 or 3 years older than I would've guessed

Kay Lee Ray could benefit from a repackage by the wwe team but in terms of pure ring work she's absolutely top tier. would not at all mind seeing her work with charlotte

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Would they give Veda a look now that she's out of ROH?

• Locked thread