Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

I watched the Rifftrax of Stone Cold (starring Brian Bosworth) today and I have to comment on what a terrible movie it is. The hero has a real Mitchell-esque unredeemability to him. and by the end of the movie his undercover "investigation" has led to the deaths of a few dozen cops, countless innocent bystanders and the entire state supreme court (along with everyone else in the courtroom). It's really exceptionally bad.

It stinks!

It's a very bad movie with one very good line-

"I remember the last thing my father ever said to me; 'Don't, son, that thing's loaded!'"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?
Amazon Prime streaming has several Rifftrax movies on it. I watched Mega Force on sunday and wow, I forgot how dumb that movie was!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I'm nearly finished with my complete re-watch of the show and after watching The Girl in Gold Boots, I have to ask which movie had the least likeable cast?

High School Big Shot is a front runner. Nobody is likeable, even the protagonist. At least in Gold Boots, Michelle & Critter semi-redeem themselves at the end (Michelle gets away from the sleazy guys and Critter turns them in and goes to the Army).

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
I don't feel bad about anyone in Pod People dying.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mister Kingdom posted:

I'm nearly finished with my complete re-watch of the show and after watching The Girl in Gold Boots, I have to ask which movie had the least likeable cast?

High School Big Shot is a front runner. Nobody is likeable, even the protagonist. At least in Gold Boots, Michelle & Critter semi-redeem themselves at the end (Michelle gets away from the sleazy guys and Critter turns them in and goes to the Army).

Red Zone Cuba? It's hard to like the trio you spend pretty much the entirety of the movie with. I suppose Cherokee Jack is likable.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Mitchell might be the high water mark for all-around unpleasant people. The most likable characters are a skittish drug mule grandma that's only in one scene and an annoying neighborhood boy that's also only in one scene. That's some slim pickings, even for MST3K.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I just picked up a double feature of Earth vs The Spider and The Screaming Skull for $9 at Walmart. They had a couple other MST3K DVDs for $7.50. Not a bad deal.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mister Kingdom posted:

Critter and Michelle get married at the end but I get the feeling that extrapolated out the marriage doesn't last because Michelle feels like Critter is always talking down to her. He comes off as real condescending throughout the movie. Also if Critter didn't want to be in the Army why did he come back to America?

BooDoug187 posted:

Amazon Prime streaming has several Rifftrax movies on it. I watched Mega Force on sunday and wow, I forgot how dumb that movie was!

The weird thing about that is they also got the non riffed versions of a lot of Rifftrax movies. So now you can watch regular Mega Force without all those extra "jokes" added in.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Warrior of the Lost World? Too many times in fiction, people think anti-hero means unlikeable scumball.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The worst "lead" to ever appear on MST3K is hands down Ross Allen from Catching Trouble.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

The worst "lead" to ever appear on MST3K is hands down Ross Allen from Catching Trouble.

Yeah, but all the animals were likable.

I nominate I Accuse My Parents. Everybody's terrible in it, except maybe Hamburger Sandwich Man.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

rydiafan posted:

I nominate I Accuse My Parents. Everybody's terrible in it, except maybe Hamburger Sandwich Man.

The guy who basically says "you don't need to take any responsibility for your actions, this is all bad parenting"?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

That's why it's a "maybe". If he was just a nice guy who fed a troubled teen he'd be a good person.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Reminder: in Red Zone Cuba they pretty obviously rape the girl playing the piano at the diner (her father is the Dark Spectre of Food who senses there is mail)

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Ring of Terror has got to be a contender for least likable cast. I guess the fat guy could be an exception, but he's more pitiable as his whole character can be summed up as: "Haha, he's fat and can't stick to his diet. Look at him eat! And also his girlfriend is fat."

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp
Everyone in Hobgoblins deserved to be eaten by tiny sock-puppet monsters.

I love the riff but drat those characters make me hurt.

It does have one of my favorite MST3K jokes though.

"Paint my muscle car prune colored please!"

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
:dance::dance::dance:
It's the Eigh-Tees!
Do a lot of coke and
vote for Ronald Reagan!

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

brocked posted:

Reminder: in Red Zone Cuba they pretty obviously rape the girl playing the piano at the diner (her father is the Dark Spectre of Food who senses there is mail)

Griffin was a real jerk.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Crazy Ferret posted:

Everyone in Hobgoblins deserved to be eaten by tiny sock-puppet monsters.

I love the riff but drat those characters make me hurt.

The most annoying character in that movie went on to much success as Cosmo from the Fairly Oddparents and that always blows my mind.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

The most annoying character in that movie went on to much success as Cosmo from the Fairly Oddparents and that always blows my mind.

So the most annoying character in a B-Movie became the most annoying character in an annoying cartoon. Where's the surprise?

But seriously, good for him.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

BooDoug187 posted:

Amazon Prime is supposed to launch in Canada today and I'm eagerly refreshing waiting to see if Rifftrax will be included.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

Gavok posted:

The host of Club Scum. Actor named Daran Norris whose IMDB page is packed, the guy gets work for sure. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0358460/?ref_=tt_cl_t3

Its always interesting to see who shows up in some of MST3K's movies.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Gavok posted:

Also the guy who played Roadrash played the pawn shop owner in Pulp Fiction.

Nick, however, went on to play...Pong in his underwear.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Crazy Ferret posted:

The host of Club Scum. Actor named Daran Norris whose IMDB page is packed, the guy gets work for sure. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0358460/?ref_=tt_cl_t3

Including Pia Zadora!

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
Until last night it had never occurred to me that Alexander Phipps from 'Young Man's Fancy' is also Jeff from 'What to Do on a Date.' And he's still kicking. :v:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0143523/?ref_=rvi_nm

Edited to include link

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Crazy Ferret posted:

He voiced the most likeable version of my avatar.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
What's a weenie roast?

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
Hobgoblins also had Arleen Sorkin, voice of Harley Quinn. I'm not sure where she is, maybe one of the Club Scum guests.

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
Oh, don't tell me she was the lady who danced like a drunk mom at a wedding? I think she was in quasi-hippie attire?

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Man, MST3K is a smorgasbord of awful, unlikable characters, but it's harder than you'd think to come up with one where you hate every single person in it. Even RZC had Petey the PlaneCherokee Jack.

I almost want to say Manos, though 1) that's kind of cheating and 2) I have nothing against the young couple macking in the sports car.

Monster-a-Go-Go, maybe? Or is that just me wanting the movie, and everybody involved in making it, to be shot into the sun?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Artsygrrl posted:

Oh, don't tell me she was the lady who danced like a drunk mom at a wedding? I think she was in quasi-hippie attire?

The one with the Marge Simpson hair? No, that was Kari French.

Artsygrrl
Apr 24, 2007

I'm just here.

Grimey Drawer
No, not that one - whenever they showed the Club Scum patrons dancing, there was one extra who stood out in my mind for some really creative levels of bad dancing. If you could call it that.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
What are the most watchable MST films other than This Island Earth? By 'most watchable' I mean least boring; they can be bad-good or good-good.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Gaspy Conana posted:

What are the most watchable MST films other than This Island Earth? By 'most watchable' I mean least boring; they can be bad-good or good-good.

Space Mutiny
Werewolf
Puma Man

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Gaspy Conana posted:

The Gamera and Godzilla films are near the top. The Russo-Finish ones I think could probably be good if I saw them properly restored- there's a lot of visual grandeur but the prints were in bad shape.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

It Conquered the World is kind of good too.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Gaspy Conana posted:

Phase IV? (The original is praised for its visuals)
Humanoid Woman? (I didn't see it riffed. The original movie was pretty entertaining.)

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
I'd argue that Final Justice is actually a decent, if sleazy movie.

Diabolik is a lot of fun as well.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Seconding It Conquered The World

Gorgo is okay for a giant monster movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Yeah, It Conquered the World is really only on a bad movie list because the alien is so loving stupid looking.

Well, and because the movie is up its own rear end a bit.