Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I guess I should just buy the volumes instead of relying on the scans then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Always buy the volumes. :shobon: Even Flying Witch which is good.

Speaking of buying volumes I wonder what volume My Monster Secret is at. I stopped paying attention so hopefully 2-3 have been released? I'm at vol 3.

e: Only at volume 4. :smith:

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Nov 23, 2016

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I still have my copy of Volume 9 that I bought while visiting Okinawa. That was a good decision.

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
http://bato.to/reader#566e49b272e2c19d

Next week is the epilogue. Happy Thanksgiving all you murrikans out there. And to all of you non-murrikans out there, happy Thursday.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Latest chapter is appearing on some readers.

Awesome stuff. Blindingly awesome stuff.:unsmith:

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
Always use Batoto. That's where it's uploaded first and updated by me.

Also the whole December 8th thing is bullshit. That's when volume 20 is coming out. Granted it might still be ending, but I have yet to see anything official. Also the next raw chapter is 24 pages.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Definitely love these dumb kids. Really feeling this one.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Tarage posted:

Always use Batoto. That's where it's uploaded first and updated by me.

Duly noted. It's also why I didn't try linking to the chapter, just to cover my own rear end.:v:

Thanks for your work as always, though!

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
Next week is the epilogue, and you'll see how much Oka has changed.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Tarage posted:

Next week is the epilogue, and you'll see how much Oka has changed.

If he doesn't go super saiyan I'd be a little disappointed :v:

But seriously, this gag manga is also one of the best rom-com/action stories I've ever read.

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

CommissarMega posted:

If he doesn't go super saiyan I'd be a little disappointed :v:

But seriously, this gag manga is also one of the best rom-com/action stories I've ever read.

The only SSJ in this manga is super bwaka.

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
Epilogue: http://bato.to/reader#96790a98a93a14ed

Enjoy the new Oka.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Oka is strong. But is he just???

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
What the actual gently caress?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

No. I don't want to live in the timeline with Shima taking the moral high ground.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
What the gently caress did I just read?

Where is Youko? BRING BACK YOUKO.

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

Artificer posted:

What the gently caress did I just read?

Where is Youko? BRING BACK YOUKO.

Next chapter is Youko fun times.

Also it has come to my attention that some of the... bwakaness of this manga has rubbed off on people, and they can't figure out who Mikan's husband is even though the manga is pretty blunt about it this chapter. So... I'll leave you with four hints.

1. What is Rin's last name?
2. Old Mikan says she did not marry Asahi.
3. Mikan's husband had his name changed.
4. Who else has Rin's last name?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
i am cute + dumb, i need a diagram

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

yeah seriously I'm just not getting it at all

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Agronox posted:

TheFlyingLlama posted:

yeah seriously I'm just not getting it at all

Oka is going to be Sen's step-brother is what she's implying I think, because he'll get the Kiryuin name and then he and Mikan will pass it down the line to Rin

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I don't know and I don't care, I just feel bad for Mei :(

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

Agronox posted:

Mikan has you covered. (Ignore the Momo part that is incorrect): http://bato.to/reader#aac8e30bc1de7688_7

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

chumbler posted:

No. I don't want to live in the timeline with Shima taking the moral high ground.

Only in pursuit of the light can we reach the deepest darkness

Namaste

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Tarage posted:

Mikan has you covered. (Ignore the Momo part that is incorrect): http://bato.to/reader#aac8e30bc1de7688_7

link doesn't work

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

chumbler posted:

Yes. YEEESSS. :unsmigghh:

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

Rodyle posted:

link doesn't work

Chapter 118, page 7.

Asahi - Someone Mikan - X
| |
Child ----------- Child
|
Rin

Rin's last name is Kiryūin. Therefor, X must have a last name that is Kiryūin. Solve for X.

Tarage fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Dec 1, 2016

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Tarage posted:

Next chapter is Youko fun times.

Also it has come to my attention that some of the... bwakaness of this manga has rubbed off on people, and they can't figure out who Mikan's husband is even though the manga is pretty blunt about it this chapter. So... I'll leave you with four hints.

1. What is Rin's last name?
2. Old Mikan says she did not marry Asahi.
3. Mikan's husband had his name changed.
4. Who else has Rin's last name?

I think the confusion here stems from the fact that we've never even seen Oka's mom, so it's hard to jump to her marrying Sen (or Sen's father but I wouldn't put it past loving Sen to marry a woman twice his age). In fact, the only single mother we've met is Shiho's.

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

ZiegeDame posted:

I think the confusion here stems from the fact that we've never even seen Oka's mom, so it's hard to jump to her marrying Sen (or Sen's father but I wouldn't put it past loving Sen to marry a woman twice his age). In fact, the only single mother we've met is Shiho's.

What? No, she marries his father. Also Shiho's mom isn't single either. We just haven't seen her dad.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Tarage posted:

Solve for X.
I already did!

Sir PigglyWiggly
Jan 12, 2013

I got lost in the woods.
Now I'm a tree!
Is bwakaness a disease that spreads from character to character? Or is it inherit to all of them and some just hide it for longer?

I'm losing track of who's who's so the only solution is to reread the whole thing in one go and make flow charts!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Is future Mikan super-rich or something? Because I'd like to know just why she and her granddaughter (and said granddaughter's best friend) seem to be the only ones time-travelling and getting into past shenanigans.

chumbler posted:

:unsmigghh:

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Love... it has the power to change people.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

CommissarMega posted:

Is future Mikan super-rich or something? Because I'd like to know just why she and her granddaughter (and said granddaughter's best friend) seem to be the only ones time-travelling and getting into past shenanigans.

:unsmigghh:

Yeah she managed to use her Evil Queen powers to overthrow Rupert Murdoch and steal his money

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Oka is more Shima than loving Shima the gently caress is this.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

One thing I noticed is that New Oka's hair and outfit reminded me a hell of a lot of Asahi. I think the idea is that he's taking Asahi's 'can't lie' thing and going to the extreme with it, except for him it's 'won't' rather than 'can't'. I am fairly sure the resemblance is intentional.

That said, Jesus Christ, Oka, shut up.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Mors Rattus posted:

One thing I noticed is that New Oka's hair and outfit reminded me a hell of a lot of Asahi. I think the idea is that he's taking Asahi's 'can't lie' thing and going to the extreme with it, except for him it's 'won't' rather than 'can't'. I am fairly sure the resemblance is intentional.

That said, Jesus Christ, Oka, shut up.

Oka looks more Asahi than Asahi and acts more Shima than Shima.

Think about it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
New Oka rules.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
Many things can come out of this and all of then are great.

In the future we will probably have a "Oka goes to jail while everyone looks on" page

IceBorg fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Dec 1, 2016

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
This just in from IRC:

Spoiiers out for 187, it's 100% endgame material, may end next chapter. (Via Tarage)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

This just in from IRC:

Spoiiers out for 187, it's 100% endgame material, may end next chapter. (Via Tarage)

Yeah, not gonna spoil anything, and I still believe the December 8th thing was a mistranslation of when volume 20 comes out, but we are very clearly in end game here in the raws. Things have happened that cannot happen unless it's ending. What does this mean? Well, not much for you folks. We're still about 9 months behind the raws, so there's still nearly a year's worth of content for us to get through. But I will say, things are going to feel more and more... ending like the further we get, especially when we start the next arc in a few weeks.

• Locked thread