Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://streamable.com/ypr7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

this isn't even a trade

Did the Kings hate Stauskas that much

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Marcus Morris has become such a good midrange scorer, he bails Detroit out on so many possessions

He's become the best Morris.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

this isn't even a trade

Nik rocks!

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
It's crazy how good Memphis still looks with a depleted roster

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

It's crazy how good Memphis still looks with a depleted roster

No quit in the Grit

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Westbrook has a bad shooting day so naturally with the game on the line https://twitter.com/SneakerReporter/status/804165024298237952

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

bulls will lose to the cavs by at least 30

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
In crunch time of a close game Bogut decided he didn't need to get to the other side of the floor. Several plays in a row. I'll be glad when he is off the team next year.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Wolves get 47 & 18 out of Towns and still can't win smdh.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

this isn't even a trade

It was a poorly conceived salary dump, the Kings just wanted to clear the books like immediately because we just had to throw money at Wesley Matthews who then decided to sign elsewhere

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
"We have to get rid of all these bad contracts to throw contracts at Wes Matthews and Rajon Rondo!"

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Spoeank posted:

"We have to get rid of all these bad contracts to throw contracts at Wes Matthews and Rajon Rondo!"

Wes Matthews is significantly better than Rondo. Wes always plays good d and has secretly been out of his shooting slump for at least a week. Rondo is a garbage guard who thinks he is all star level talent and quits in the middle of a playoff game because he thinks he should also be the coach. (In addition to causing friction in the locker room between players.)

Rondo is easily my most disliked player to play on the Mavs. The sad thing is I was a fan before. I'd rather have mental breakdown Odom because at least he had the decency to quit before the playoffs and had a legitimate problem.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Dec 1, 2016

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I wonder if we could get Rudy Gay for Dunn and Shabazz

Also if he'd be ok coming off the bench

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Neat LeBron drawing sequence from a chinese fan via reddit:
http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/mw1024/8e5e99d3gw1faabewbeagj20go4y4wsa.jpg

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

EvanTH posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Utxb-kzvFZU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

this isn't even a trade

They were trying to dump salary to sign Wes Matthews to a giant contract but Matthews was just using them as leverage to get to a team he wanted to play for.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Got mine. Also got talked into buying a $10 Jimmy Butler collectors cup at the concession stand.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Niwrad posted:

They were trying to dump salary to sign Wes Matthews to a giant contract but Matthews was just using them as leverage to get to a team he wanted to play for.

JOKE'S ON WES MATTHEWS THE KINGS ARE SLIGHTLY LESS GOING NOWHERE THIS SEASON

Checkmate.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Why does Fred keep playing Bobby Portis?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/portibo01/on-off/2017

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Ask Jimmy why he hasn't told Fred to stop playing him.

We know Fred has no actual power or quality thoughts about basketball anyway.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I guess Rubio's jumper is still not noticeably improved.

https://twitter.com/netw3rk/status/804159140545384448

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Metapod posted:

Westbrook has a bad shooting day so naturally with the game on the line https://twitter.com/SneakerReporter/status/804165024298237952

I got goosebumps from this

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

attackmole posted:

The percentage stat is more useful since that clears up discrepancy in arena size. In 2016 their road attendance was 26th, and their home attendance was dead last. Home attendance does matter to other teams, because of revenue sharing payouts. GM's don't like subsidizing blatantly unprofitable franchises. I'd also be curious for the dollar figure, because every team has dynamic pricing based on the team attending -- I suspect prices for 76ers road games were in the bottom price tier for every arena in the country. Raptors and Celtics road games are also near the bottom in attendance, but they almost certainly had more expensive tickets. Phoenix and Orlando are down there with Philly in numbers, so I'd be curious to see if there was a significant difference in average ticket price between those three or if they were all around equally lovely at generating cash.

Phoenix (and a lot of teams) price their games based on demand. So you can get straight from the team tickets for fifteen some nights. But it costs 100 just to get in the door against the Lakers.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Milestone watch:

In a few weeks LBJ will reach 7,000 assists and become only the third player to reach 7,000 in both TRB and AST. Joining Oscar Robertson and Jason Kidd.

Many years ago I thought he had a decent shot at reaching 10,000 at both. If he's anything like his contemporaries he'll reach 10,000 TRB easily. Doing the assists is a bigger question mark as only Stockton/Nash/Kidd have done 3,000+ assists after LBJs age.

EvanTH posted:

Rondo looks like an alien who had a nose transplant.

euphronius posted:

Zogo they should be better every week. Embiid is already up to 28 mins and Simmons may play the end of next month maybe .

It's possible. I'm just really skeptical about new players especially on young teams. Even harder when they have to dig a team out of doldrums. The likelihood of Ben Simmons (or any new guy) being a significant contributor is low in their rookie year.

Noctone posted:

Wolves get 47 & 18 out of Towns and still can't win smdh.

If he hit his three 3P shots and all twenty of his FTs they would've won. Also, that would've been the best shooting performance ever so I don't hold that against him.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

IcePhoenix posted:

The kings would do that in a microsecond, laser stock exchange internet speed

Dunn might be a decent player someday, judging rookie guards in their first year is usually hasty. Shabazz seems like he was born to be a scoring role player. Rudy Gay hates sacramento with all the fire and gay science of his mind body and soul. Yes yes yes. Also frees up frontcourt space for any of their young bigs

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

IcePhoenix posted:

I'd imagine you could get that easily but why would you want to. I know Dunn is slumping but that's pretty early to be throwing in the towel on Dunn

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Dunn is a rookie, a rookie pg for thar matter. Like, liliard was the best rookir pg in a long while and the blazers still only won like 34 games.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Wasn't Matthews coming off the Achilles tear too when the Kings made that horrible trade?

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

I love this.

Also, until I read his name on The Ringer, I'd totally forgotten Stanley Johnson exists. Weren't some people pretty high on him last season? He's down to 15 minutes per game (23 in his rookie season).

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
What is going on with the Hawks? I get their offense may struggle against better teams but they have lost to some turds.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Jack's Flow posted:

I love this.

Also, until I read his name on The Ringer, I'd totally forgotten Stanley Johnson exists. Weren't some people pretty high on him last season? He's down to 15 minutes per game (23 in his rookie season).

He's been playing poorly and racking up DNP-CDs, including last night I believe. I'm worried about him and wish Stan would just send him to Grand Rapids if he's not even gonna put him on the floor with Reggie Bullock injured. Darrun Hilliard was getting his minutes last night.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Hand Row posted:

What is going on with the Hawks? I get their offense may struggle against better teams but they have lost to some turds.

Korver getting minutes is basically white privilege these days

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Henchman of Santa posted:

I guess Rubio's jumper is still not noticeably improved.

Ricky has actually been pretty bad this year. His midrange shooting is up and his 3p% is down (though small sample size), he he's off the ball a lot more now and seems to be having a lot of trouble adjusting to the new ISO/Post-up offense. His defense doesn't have the same zeal either. Its been sad.

I hope its just a slump to start the season, but he is looking like a bad fit on this team, even if he probably is their best PG.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

WhyteRyce posted:

I'd imagine you could get that easily but why would you want to. I know Dunn is slumping but that's pretty early to be throwing in the towel on Dunn

I threw in the towel on Dunn in May

Dejan Bimble posted:

Dunn might be a decent player someday, judging rookie guards in their first year is usually hasty.

His True Shooting is below 40% and he can't run an offense so he's been playing off guard more than point guard on offense.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Lebron won Sportsman of the Year

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/804331997711765504

I guess Cleveland jinx > Cubs jinx

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Vertical Lime posted:

Lebron won Sportsman of the Year

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/804331997711765504

I guess Cleveland jinx > Cubs jinx

its the inherent nature of basketball being the most entertaining pro-league

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Hawks have iirc one of the worst starting 5 in the league in terms of net rating or something. Shroder can't shoot and can't drive effectively when you replace horford with dwight.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Dwight Howard, point guard

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/804335517659758592

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

this is my everything.

• Locked thread