Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

2 was also directed by japanese capcom with the na studio following orders iirc. i think crowbcat said that.

i'm not worried about the game being a generic zombie shooter. it will still have wacky weapons and apparently there are some vehicles that were teased. it just won't be anywhere as interesting or good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Playing FF15 with its super-detailed food is making me really goddamn hungry. Why do Japanese games always have such lovingly rendered food?!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Most devs just pretend their characters don't eat.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Policenaut posted:

Playing FF15 with its super-detailed food is making me really goddamn hungry. Why do Japanese games always have such lovingly rendered food?!

Fake food is kind of a local tradition I'd think:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPQrNkOgttQ

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Most devs just pretend their characters don't eat.

Or have been working in "crunch time" for most of their adult lives and subsisting on so much Soylent and pizza that they no longer have any appreciation for food.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I like the bottomless pit player characters where you can and probably will eat everything you find, even if it's in the trash, like in bioshock or dishonored

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Policenaut posted:

For a specific example, Yoshida showed a screenshot of a flowerpot outside of an inn in the first form of Final Fantasy 14. He called it "the loveliest flowerpot in an MMO," but then revealed its heavy cost: That single flowerpot contained over 1,000 polygons and 150 lines of shader code, meaning it took up as many resources as a single player character.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Stux posted:

For a specific example, Yoshida showed a screenshot of a flowerpot outside of an inn in the first form of Final Fantasy 14. He called it "the loveliest flowerpot in an MMO," but then revealed its heavy cost: That single flowerpot contained over 1,000 polygons and 150 lines of shader code, meaning it took up as many resources as a single player character.

Like to see that on someone's CV.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PS+ price increase and the best Sony can do is just give us indie titles. :/ PS+ has gotten more expensive but continues to lose features and now Sony is no longer offering the AAA titles that they did for years before. On top of that the PS+ discounts have been for games that no one cares about.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

I said come in! posted:

PS+ price increase and the best Sony can do is just give us indie titles. :/ PS+ has gotten more expensive but continues to lose features and now Sony is no longer offering the AAA titles that they did for years before.

two months ago was resident evil 1 remake and transformers devastation and last month was everybodys gone to the rapture which was co-devved by the god of war team wtf are you even talking about

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Ps+ isn't giving the games I want how dare they is his point.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Stux posted:

two months ago was resident evil 1 remake and transformers devastation and last month was everybodys gone to the rapture which was co-devved by the god of war team wtf are you even talking about

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AAA_(video_game_industry)

None of those qualify as AAA games. I'm not chuffed though, I like those games.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

8-bit Miniboss posted:

oh no these good fun games arent technically AAA sony is screwing us again

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

I'm not mad about the games. I'd prefer the extra money go toward setting up a better CDN so stuff doesn't take forever to download, but here we are.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I'm not mad about the games. I'd prefer the extra money go toward setting up a better CDN so stuff doesn't take forever to download, but here we are.

same thats why i think moaning about the games being given away when theyre actually still giving away good poo poo every month is dumb as Heck

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

invisibles inc is a pretty exciting free game for me, personally

the vita offerings could be better since I'm one of the 5 people that own one, but idk what they'd do with that really

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Stux posted:

You're an idiot.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

I said come in! posted:

You're an idiot.

please kaz give me trash AAAs instead of the good fun games

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

This is new and exciting discussion that will for sure provoke many interesting arguments.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Sony could settle it once and for all by finally offering Kn--*yanked off forum by oversized cane*

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

PS+ rants are old hat.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

acksplode posted:

Sony could settle it once and for all by finally offering Kn--*yanked off forum by oversized cane*

Knack is not a joke :mad:

acksplode
May 17, 2004

If I had time and talent I'd remake that gif with a Bloodborne guy doing the same dance moves

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
I'm really coming around on ff15 now that I've unlocked chocobos and walking everywhere isn't such a slog.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Lol, at the idea of arguing with Stux.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I don't think chuffed means what you think it means

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Wandle Cax posted:

I don't think chuffed means what you think it means

My dad said a lot of things growing up.

Edit: Huh, looked it up. Either my Dad, while stationed in Lakenheath with USAF has always used it wrong or his RAF buddies were loving with him.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Dec 1, 2016

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ryoga posted:

No need to argue with him when he's totally right.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You can get a recent $20 game, or an old $60 game that's down to $20 everywhere.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Ryoga posted:

For once he is right

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
The ps plus games have been pretty good, especially if you still play ps3.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The very best part is that when Sony does give away a AAA title people will complain because it's a game everyone already owns and/or is old.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I hunkered down and beat Gat Out of He'll tonight. I made the mistake of going down the path with the hardest missions first, so the beginning was a slog. Once I got some upgrades unlocked the game got real gun. 4 hours is about the length I can take for a sandbox game, so it ended pretty much right on time. Feels good to actually make headway on my backlog.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Maybe it's safe now that you're all onto the next thing, but I gotta say having started it up tonight that I'm not feeling the supposed majesty of the Titanfall 2 campaign. It doesn't really strike me as more than a stock standard shooter thus far. It's entirely linear, the paths are clearly marked and if you're dumb enough not to recognize them it gives you a ghost to ram it down your throat, the AI is dumb as rocks, the positional audio is nonsense. The dialogue and writing in general seems kinda bad. I mean, I guess there's some satisfaction in launching missile barrages, but I gotta say, I really don't get the love, thus far. I'm an hour and a half of gameplay in, which, by accounts, is a quarter of the campaign? Egads. There's tons of little poo poo that eat at the corners of this experience. I guess I'm just not feeling the love.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

There's really just one very good level that everyone is crazy about. Everything else is a pretty average CoD campaign that happens to control really well.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Is that it? I thought I was going crazy.

Y'all need to be more specific.

I don't really play CoD games. Is this what they're like? :whitewater:

e: I'm just saying that DOOM was better. So far. I guess I haven't hit the level yet.

Fix fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Dec 1, 2016

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I had fun with every level of Titanfall 2's campaign. Conceptually it's really cool and fresh, and the situations it puts you in are exhilarating. The music is good, the art is good, and BT is good.

Also, FF XV owns. loving classy opening title sequence.

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Dec 1, 2016

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

BT was my cool robot pal and I mostly enjoyed the campaign but it's not going to set anyone's world on fire.
I probably preferred it to Doom though since at least it was short and snappy rather than going on for like four hours too long.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I had fun with every level of Titanfall 2's campaign. Conceptually it's really cool and fresh, and the situations it puts you in are exhilarating. The music is good, the art is good, and BT is good.

What is a fresh concept?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
That Dead Rising stuff sounds a lot like what Konami said about Silent Hill going back to its roots with Homecoming and Downpour. How they listened to the fans and how everything is now modernized. I'm sure everything is going to be fine.

• Locked thread