Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I hope they show off a town or one of the major dungeons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
That would be cool. I wonder if they'll publically announce the delay. Might help to ease the sting if they pair it with info on towns and some new Weird Zelda NPCs. I predict a mountainside cave-dwelling girl. "Oh! You found my explorer hideout! This is where I plan all my cool adventures! Don't tell my mom!!"

Then you go tell her mom, a talking tree who collects birdsongs in bottles.

e: the girl is named Petra, the mom is named Mrs. Evergreen.

coffeecup fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Nov 29, 2016

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Are some of the people in the comments of the tweet legit mad about them being there and showing this off or are they just making an easy joke?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Yes, show me a town please! Double yes to weird NPCs, the lifeblood of Zelda.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Are some of the people in the comments of the tweet legit mad about them being there and showing this off or are they just making an easy joke?

Don't ever read Twitter replies.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

SylvainMustach posted:

I think I'm just about at the end of Skyward Sword and I love it. There have only been two things that I really disliked. The first would be battling The Imprisoned more than once (I'm at the third and what i hope will be last fight) (I know it's a five year old game and I know that it isn't a plot point or anything but I want to cover my butt). The other is the Spiral Charge trial which seemed sort of pointless and was the only time the motion controls felt frustrating.

Other than that, I can honestly say that I've enjoyed Skyward Sword more than any other 3D Zelda (I've played TP and WW, in both cases the WiiU HD versions).

Going to have to go back and re-play the Oracle games as well as Awakening to really see where it ranks but with the exception of those two gripes I've really really enjoyed SS. I also recently picked up OOT and I'm excited to dig into that.

I like SS too. It has some great dungeons and I really like the town and NPC's. Beedle is great and it has the best iteration yet of the skulltula macguffin collecting gimmick.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I really enjoyed Skyward Sword, but every time I think about replaying it I remember the the amount of tedium I'd have to go through to get to the good bits fight Koloktos again and I lose interest.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fi sucks a lot more than most of the tutorial followers but Skyward Sword isn't as bad of a game as most people make it out to be. Some of the boss fights are extremely annoying but most of them are better than most Zelda games. The rest of it is basically up to how you feel about two things: 1) the fact that they made the overworld into a kind of dungeon. The mini-game zone in the clouds is PROBABLY as big as Clock Town, but it still annoyed people that it was the only non-dungeon area that people could interact with, due to expectations, which I get. 2) the combat controls. They worked fine for me, as long as I recalibrated every hour or so, but some people just could never get used to them, either because they thought they were too quirky or because they were too tiring.

My major complaints (besides Fi and the irritating, repeated The Imprisoned fights) are actually that the dive from the sky and roller coaster mechanics were a bit too much, and (the completely unfair but specifically annoying to me) fact that I couldn't get the full 20 hearts without giving up a medal for objectively better things.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

I hope Joel Mchale hosts the VGA again :allears:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I hope Joel McHale translates for Aonuma.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I wish the boss keys guy would talk more about the dungeon enemies and especially the bosses, and how those fit into the design

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The latest Boss Keys was good! I really like the redesign for the Dungeon Graphs.

I also need to finish Minish Cap. It's one of 2 Zelda games I had to give up on because a glitch made it unplayble.

E: "Find the Path/Follow the Path" is a great way to contextualize the argument Mark makes about linearity.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Nov 30, 2016

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
http://zelda.com/breath-of-the-wild/

so this is up now if you wanna hype yourself up for TGA tomorrow. It's the videos from e3.

Man I can't decide if I want to watch tomorrow or not. I kinda want to avoid spoilers until the game releases, but I don't know if I can stop myself for three/six/however many months. I wonder if it'll be actual new footage, or just stuff we've already seen?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I hope it's new stuff. It would be really disappointing if it was just more dicking around the first plateau when we have dozens of hours of footage from E3 already.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Apparently there's Zelda stuff to watch in the pre-show stream starting at 17:30 PT/20:30 ET/12:30 AEDT. As well as more footage during the awards show itself.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
If the pre-show is only Zelda then i'm expecting some dicking around in the plateau capped off by a teaser and then a meaty trailer during the show proper.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Is the game awards generally available for streaming later? I'll be at rifftrax.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

greatn posted:

Is the game awards generally available for streaming later? I'll be at rifftrax.

Yeah. The whole thing will be on YouTube.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

SeANMcBAY posted:

I hope it's new stuff. It would be really disappointing if it was just more dicking around the first plateau when we have dozens of hours of footage from E3 already.

I don't want to see anything else at this point, I want to discover poo poo for myself. Though, I'd like to see something we haven't that would finally get me excited for this game.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Fi's alright.

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016

s.i.r.e. posted:

I don't want to see anything else at this point, I want to discover poo poo for myself. Though, I'd like to see something we haven't that would finally get me excited for this game.

Every Zelda game, Nintendo says "we're shaking things up this time" but this is the first instance where it seems to actually be true. I have high hopes. Also, Link's animation for smelling the cooking pan is enough to make this a day 1 purchase for me.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
LBW was very similar to LttP, but it did shake up the dungeon item concept. For better or for worse depending on who you ask, but it was a pretty serious shake up.

But otherwise, yeah, all of the mainline games since Majora have essentially been retreads of Ocarina/LttP, and obviously even Majora still has a lot drawn from OoT.

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016

Reinanigans posted:

LBW was very similar to LttP, but it did shake up the dungeon item concept. For better or for worse depending on who you ask, but it was a pretty serious shake up.

I understand your interpretation but I disagree. The items still get used in the traditional manner. My opinion is that the changes to treasure sequence weren't transformative for the gameplay. Regardless, I'm happy they tried it out and it's still a cool, fun, quality game.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Bicyclops posted:

My major complaints... I couldn't get the full 20 hearts without giving up a medal for objectively better things.

Totally agree. As a an obsessive OCD/completionist type, this is a total dick move. MM did something similar and I hated it.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
was there any news about zelda from funny man joel mchale today

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
So we just got a 30 second trailer i think. It was GORGEOUS

some shots of minor npcs, locations. Looks like they're going mayan-style for all of the ancient runes and whatnot. A few things that could be considered spoilery:

badass flying bird ship that I'm sure we'll get to ride at some point, and what looked like badass steampunk zelda? gently caress yeah i hope she gets to do stuff in this game

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDFZIUdo764

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Dec 2, 2016

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
i saw things i liked in that trailer and nothing i didnt like

good job nintendo, keep on delivering new and unique #content

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Just 9 more months until we get a solid release date!

Thanks for linking this!

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I wonder if Linkle confirmed? the woman with the tablet is wearing a different outfit from the woman Link is kneeling next to.

Link has the master sword in that last bit, too. Super interesting.

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

Oh airships you say? Yesss Nintendo, do it, go full Ghibli. Gimme this Princess Mononoke/Nausicaa/Castle in the Sky Zelda and plug it directly into my veinssss.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Birbmen are back, goty confirmed

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Koroks and Rito-likes eh?

I like where this is going

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Dec 2, 2016

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
I hope this game has an achievement for petting all of the dogs because I am going to get it.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Gorgolflox posted:

I hope this game has an achievement for petting all of the dogs because I am going to get it.

Don't limit yourself to games, make this your life achievement

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
Hell yeah Helmaroc Prince and Cool Dog

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

What if Link turns into a birdman

That's why his tunic is blue and he doesn't have a hat

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax