Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
Oath Complete

More inks, this time with a bit of paint to adjust the texture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Oath Complete

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Yvonmukluk posted:

I'd also liek to know what the new contact details are.

Also, I, Yvonmukluk, being of approximately sound mind, do oath these 28mm Empire State Troops.

The pact is sealed.
Oath Complete. But at what cost?

Gaze upon my shame, ye goons, and despair.

I don't know why I wanted to use yellow either. Had a whole bunch of other stuff come up so I had to do a mad rush this evening to get this done.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Oath Complete!

It's that time of the month again where I wonder where all the time went and take crappy pics!

I had adventures with line tape this month. I am experimenting with patterns, the tape itself and what happens when I change my mind and try to paint over stuff. I think I'm getting there. The colour scheme is a variation on my Dropzone PHR, the hull markings I want to denote classes rather than individual ships, hence the repeats on the frigates.

My first Resistance units! Decided on a not-so-realistic high contrast scheme here which I hope will give me a distinctive looking army as I build it up. In a good way.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Complete

A bit rough and ready this month, but I did at least add a skull to a shoulder of each of them for the jurnal

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Oath Complete!

and I am claiming I rolled a 6! for the outcast scheme tokens and the Blow it to Hell! token. I don't know why I procrastinated on that token for so long, all the other models were done earlier this month.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Oath Complete

I had a lot of learning experiences with this oath, and it's not quite as good as I'd like, but I still think it's a great color scheme.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Oath Complete!

I only oathed three snotlings this month, but then I went all in on basing and the theme, and ended up with a snotling harvest festival dioarama....

What's going on here? Well, one of these fine chaps is busy harvesting fall pumpkins:

This fellow is collecting some mushrooms and using them to pinata pumpkins:

Meanwhile, the last of the trio is using... honestly, I am not sure what... to make a harvest brew:

Closeups of the mushroom circle and the back of the snotling still:

I am pretty happy with how this came out - almost everything is scratch built from bits and parts. The only thing I would like to fix are the pumpkins; I bought them as a kit, was irritated by the moldlines, tried to fix them, ended up having to paint them to try to hide the cut marks, and you can still see moldlines anyway. Drill your pumpkins!

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
Oath Complete! Three orcs and eight kobolds, I'm claiming the Journal for the orange.

Orc wizard and apprentice

Orc tracer, made from the spare parts of a deadzone hero, skips leg day.

Rainbow kobolds~

Same white kobold just with a different background

Orange!

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
OATH COMPLETE

Challenge is the Day of the Dead-inspired facepaint (and complementing clothing color).

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016

TheFinalTuba posted:

Oath Time!

I, TheFinalTuba, do oath the Kerail Preceptor box from Corvus Belli.

Bit of a busy month, so we'll start with this, see how it goes :)

TheFinalTuba posted:

Oath Addition!

Because I hate myself apparently :)

Oh, edit: Reaper Bones

TheFinalTuba posted:

Posting this here for speed painting, will post again and with better pictures when I do my official Oath Complete post.

Speed Painting

Aaaaand, Oath COMPLETE!
Cutting it a bit close this month!

The Whole Gang

Disgruntled Farmer!

The Kerail Preceptor and his Symbiobeasts. I like the way these turned out.

Claiming Jurnal for the harvesty farmer, Speed Painting as previously mentioned for the farmer as well.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Oath Complete!

"Live Free or Die" sign? Check. Cultural appropriation via Day of the Dead get-up? Check. Yoga pants? Check. Pink Chucks? Check. Proletariat-approved red bandana worn babushka style? Check. Fashionable leather purse? Check. Authentic "Holla at my Peeps" tank-top? Check. All right, let's get ready for some protesting, bitches!!!

Claiming both the technical challenge (for the skull on her sign) and the theme challenge (for her Day of the Dead make-up) on this one.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath complete!

Claiming jurnal for the fall colors and the DotD mask.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Oath Complete!

Sputniks. One is packing a spooky skull for this month's theme.

Engineer, Doctor, and Zondbots

Koalas

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Complete!

Claiming the Journal for everyone being yellow, especially the King in Yellow.

Totally phoned it in this month, I feel a little bad about that.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Oath complete!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

:chome: OATH COMPLETE :chome:

Tanks for scale :mmmsmug:

After mistakes were made last month, I've decided not to flock the cabin until after it's varnished, and I can't do that until I find a Tamiya rattlecan

Claiming the challenge for my hand painted autumnal leaves on the awnings

Also claiming I rolled a 6! for the tank fires

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

It's my favourite time of the (oathing) month, when suddenly everyone posts their completion and we get a lot of awesome pics :)

That said, :siren: 1 hour remaining! :siren: according to https://oath-countdown.appspot.com/

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Also I made gifs of the fires for fun :buddy:

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

NTRabbit posted:

Also I made gifs of the fires for fun :buddy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIBTg7q9oNc

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oath Complete!

Johan is the kind of man who pierces his abs

The theme is the colour of his orange cloak. Which theme, you may ask? Both! Orange is autumnal for harvest time, and in researching the Day of the Dead for ideas, I learned that Aztec Marigolds, aka flor de muertos are commonly placed on shrines during the festival.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

OK, November is finished! On to December:

krushgroove posted:

December: Holly-Jolly Christmas-time, of course! (or Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, Saturnalia or whatever) Red & Green, White or anything holiday-themed!
technical challenge: paint a mostly RED model! Red should be at least 50% of the model, or more. You should have shading, mid-tones and highlighting
theme challenge: something for the holidays, of course!

Time to get Oathing!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

:mmmhmm:

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Except the heaven had come so near,
So seemed to choose my door,The distance would not haunt me so

Soiled Meat
Please put some of the fires on the thatched roof cottage(s)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Dr. Phildo posted:

Please put some of the fires on the thatched roof cottage(s)

Ok!

:buddy:

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Except the heaven had come so near,
So seemed to choose my door,The distance would not haunt me so

Soiled Meat
Beautiful!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

It's good to see this level of co-operation in the oath thread.

In fact you could say we're getting along like a house on fire :buddy:

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

And back on subject... a small oath for now, possibly more later when they're done.

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for December 2016:
5 Terminators from GW, 28mm

LewdMonocle
Mar 8, 2007

LewdMonocle posted:

I, LewdMonocle, oath 3 duders from corvus belli 28mm

November Oath FAILED! on account of a Skyrim.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I, NTRabbit, free from the tyranny of study, oath for the merry month of December

2 Train Engines, 2 Train Access cars, 2 Flatbed cars, 7 Train shipping containers, (28mm) and 5 sections of Elevated Highway (10mm) by Underground Lasers

1 #tinypewtermen IRC channel by SynIRC Goons (1:1)

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Uncle Ho has ordered reinforcements! Shame there is a Skyraider on station!

I Grey Hunter, Oath for December two NVA companies - 15mm by Battlefront - plus one Skyraider also for Flames of War Vietnam.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Yess, it's red season. Time to paint some khador up.

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I, Lt_Tofu, Oath these two models from Malifaux. Zenithial primed Vanessa and LE Katakana Sniper in the sprue.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
So irked I missed this month. had a really good idea but ran way short on weekends and evenings.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I, Pyrolocutus, oath one Gorar. This is a Malifaux, Neverborn model from Wyrd Games.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I, SRM, oath 10 Ironsides Handgunners for Warhammer from Games Workshop/Forgeworld

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Zark the Damned posted:

And back on subject... a small oath for now, possibly more later when they're done.

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for December 2016:
5 Terminators from GW, 28mm

NTRabbit posted:

I, NTRabbit, free from the tyranny of study, oath for the merry month of December

2 Train Engines, 2 Train Access cars, 2 Flatbed cars, 7 Train shipping containers, (28mm) and 5 sections of Elevated Highway (10mm) by Underground Lasers

1 #tinypewtermen IRC channel by SynIRC Goons (1:1)

Grey Hunter posted:

Uncle Ho has ordered reinforcements! Shame there is a Skyraider on station!

I Grey Hunter, Oath for December two NVA companies - 15mm by Battlefront - plus one Skyraider also for Flames of War Vietnam.

Lt_Tofu posted:

I, Lt_Tofu, Oath these two models from Malifaux. Zenithial primed Vanessa and LE Katakana Sniper in the sprue.

Pyrolocutus posted:

I, Pyrolocutus, oath one Gorar. This is a Malifaux, Neverborn model from Wyrd Games.

SRM posted:

I, SRM, oath 10 Ironsides Handgunners for Warhammer from Games Workshop/Forgeworld

Approved! Note SRM and Lt_Tofu, technically you need to make sure you include the American Samoa part of the page in your shot, but I've let you off this time 'cause the map's about right.

Since November is done, now is a good time for people to double check the spreadsheet and make sure I haven't missed anything - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CjBdEM06ehsHI_IGCRx-Ls-j3Mw3vCoZ02a83yBnRtA/edit?ts=57292533#gid=20

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
On my plate this month - I Weirdo Oath five Mantic minis - 2 Dreadball marauders, 2 Stormrage Veterans, and one Dungeon Saga Hellhound, all 28mm.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

I, head58, oath for December this unit of Dawnguard Sentinels - twelve 30mm models from Privateer Press

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
For December I, Galaspar, oath one Space Marine, one Genestealer and one Chaos Renegade (GW, 28mm)

It's variety month! Here's hoping they have a painting table free in GW Liverpool, because I'm going away for Christmas and several days besides.

• Locked thread