Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Surprised to hear Search Party is great. I think that might be the first thing promoted on CBB that I'll actually seek out.

I should order one of those mattresses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Warning: Search Party is like Girls but the characters have even less redeeming features.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Fisting Tent posted:

Warning: Search Party is like Girls but the characters have even less redeeming features.

What the gently caress :stare:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I have never seen it but having looked it up my take is that the subtraction of Lena Dunham and the addition of Alia Shawkat is a good start.

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

GobiasIndustries posted:

What the gently caress :stare:

I agree. "Fewer" should be used rather than "Less".

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Fisting Tent posted:

I think that's the point in SP though

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Parallax posted:

I was always told that was the point in Girls but it didn't make me like it any more

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
"Imagine if Always Sunny was executed extremely poorly with no jokes and a character less attractive than Devito" is what I think Girls is going for

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

HolePisser1982 posted:

The Bob Ducca episode where he screams the N-word into the microphone is absolutely epic. Seth Morris da genius

Is that the live one where he raps about the name of Rick Perry's family ranch.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

https://soundcloud.com/comedybangbang/live-from-sxsw-2012#t=1:06:33 :)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Mr. Squishy posted:

Is that the live one where he raps about the name of Rick Perry's family ranch.

Hmmm, seems to be a recurring theme with Mr. Ducca

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/behind-the-scenes/

"You know that guy, Kevin gently caress?...Is that, like, a real person?"

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Parallax posted:

Yes it's the point, it was just a warning for people who dont like that sort of tv.

Garth_Marenghi fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Nov 23, 2016

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

It's not that kind of a show.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
They put up best-of episodes for both the Australia and UK tours on Howl.

It's mostly just travel stories with the occasional 30-second clip of a tour episode thrown in, but they were fun to listen to.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
I'm catching up but Tawny Newsom is really good and I hope she becomes a regular.

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012
I hope we get Urbansky and Gino the Intern on the same episode so we get an entire episode of specific regional references.

beeman
May 7, 2008

Parallax posted:

there's a lot of comedies out there atm with characters who are awful people like divorce, you're the worst and difficult people. these shows are good because they are funny, which is why i like them, but not girls. haven't watched search party yet tho

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016
a small group of people who are super casual about being selfish shitbags been done to death since the simpsons, seinfeld, married w/ children, etc but it's always funny because you can make a show out of good looking people being bad but also sometimes tender because they're friends. Those shows are 20+ years old now and bottom / young ones was like 10 yrs before any of those and there's probably things before them. it is a magical tried and tested genre.

e: got my dates wrong, bottom and the young ones are from the same era but england is so bleak that I thought those shows were from the early 80s.

life is a joke fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Nov 28, 2016

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
Edit: wrong thread

ImPureAwesome fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Nov 28, 2016

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I saw one of those 'Americans watch Bottom for the first time' videos, and it was quite amusing to see them watch all the insane violence and respond 'haha this is so old fashioned' like it was the kind of sitcom that had ever been broadcast on US network television.

None of the people watching seemed to care for it, sadly. Bottom is the best. RIP (p)Rik.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Only got through the first 20-odd minutes on my way to work, but Scott mentioning "That's ya dyetin'." when Ryan Gaul's detective started getting mushmouthed cracked me up, and got me to go back and listen to that segment again. I'd forgotten just how funny it was.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Love Scott's pronunciation of Huawei

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

StalkofWheat posted:

I hope we get Urbansky and Gino the Intern on the same episode so we get an entire episode of specific regional references.

Gino, Urbansky, and Horatio (I was gonna say Shelly Driftwood but any of them will work)

beeman
May 7, 2008

Riptor posted:

Love Scott's pronunciation of Huawei

at first i thought he was talking about something with a sorta hawaiian name until it clicked

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Ayo I know I am late again but the Showalter, Brittain, Rowley episode was very good and very weird and I hope it gets love in the best of.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
When Boston cop guy revealed they made no distinction between doggy homicide or human homicide, I found it deeply unsatisfying that no one yelled "All lives matter!"

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Oh man that would have sucked. I'd have hated that.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Customer lives matter

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Wtf, please put your free podcast that I probably don't fully appreciate on your RSS feeds so that I can listen to it automatically and forget it immediately GOD.

Edit: For context, there's a new ep out on earwolf.com, but not the feed.

crimedog fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Dec 1, 2016

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Ah! Same with i4h. Was wondering what was up.

The Senator Giroux posted:

Customer lives matter

Did someone say "customer"?

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Dec 1, 2016

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

JethroMcB posted:

Scott mentioning "That's ya dyetin'." when Ryan Gaul's detective started getting mushmouthed cracked me up, and got me to go back and listen to that segment again.

Aw man, I missed this! Which episode was that from, originally? That was hysterical

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Scott's "Uhoh. Uhoh." when Cole Kringle started talking about his "hobby" was the hardest I've laughed at CBB in a while.

Seaniqua posted:

Aw man, I missed this! Which episode was that from, originally? That was hysterical

Episode 417, "The 3 Year Diet." Gaul plays a similarly mumble-mouthed nutritionist named Dr. Peter Fash.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

"Moana sounds like a baby trying to say marijuana" made me laugh pretty hard. That's all.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Homo don't play that.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I hope from now own Scott greets every single new character with "New phone, who dis?"

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Dec 2, 2016

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

I got some emotions watching the series finale of the TV show last night. I really, deeply enjoyed the series. It obviously was a whole bunch of labor and burnout from Scott's perspective, and the way they made um just churn episodes out at that pace, but I really thought that show was something special. It had amazing writers, I think many in this thread would call some of their favorite comedians. Rust, Campbell, so many Birthday Boys. Just some of the strangest, greatest bits. And premises always taken to super creative and always interesting ends, game humor executed beautifully. And it gave opportunities to for real like a hundred characters. Every part had to be a cameo a comedy nerd would revel in. Or just to throw a part to a young or relatively obscure comedian. Recognizing people was half the fun of that show to me. I'm really really gonna miss it.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Dunno if anyone else watches the TV show, but it's over now. Last two episodes were last night and IMO they really went out with a Bang! Bang! :haw:

E19 is one of my favorite of the series, hilarious and having Reggie back for a full episode was very :unsmith: They used time travel for some real fun stuff. E20 was solid and a great way to say goodbye, PFT and Kroll delivered exactly what you'd expect.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I'm stupid behind on the tv show, I'm guessing there's no reason I can't watch the last two eps though?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

EL BROMANCE posted:

I'm stupid behind on the tv show, I'm guessing there's no reason I can't watch the last two eps though?

Nope! The Reggie episode is just plain fun and the last episode is a really fitting ending. I thought it was touching in a perfectly CBB way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Cool, I'll double back them and then go back to s3 or wherever it is I am. Thanks