Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Oh man. Icardi just loving poo poo all over us. Like bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

We won last four games vs inter I guess we had to give back.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

canepazzo posted:

We won last four games vs inter I guess we had to give back.

There is giving back and then there is getting hosed.

What do you think this means for Sousa?

I'd switch out Kalanic at the half. He has been invisible mostly. Bring on Babacar.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

We hosed them the same way last year.

Kalinic is our best striker so I would keep him on.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

See?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Nice, two or ten more please

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

That red card ...

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Please complete the comeback now while one player down, that would be hilarious. If the Beers could you can too.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

90th minute penalty please

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

That Joao Mario miss is criminal

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Ungratek posted:

That Joao Mario miss is criminal

But not as bad as the referee hoooooo

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

But not as bad as the referee hoooooo

:discourse:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Berlusconi/The non existent Chinese group has delayed the closing of the Milan sale until January 15th, but has also negotiated for a deposit of 50-100 million Euros for the winter transfer market. So hopefully at least the second part is true.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

Berlusconi/The non existent Chinese group has delayed the closing of the Milan sale until January 15th, but has also negotiated for a deposit of 50-100 million Euros for the winter transfer market. So hopefully at least the second part is true.

I feel like you just quoted a post from 2015 that was quoting a post from 2014.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

canepazzo posted:

Uncanny, but I agree.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

:henget:

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

lmao

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

It's funny even though I don't get it.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

silvergoose posted:

It's funny even though I don't get it.

What's to get? It's a team of Zamparini's.

Speaking of, they lost to La Spezia in the Coppa Italia on penalties this morning, lol

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

What's to get? It's a team of Zamparini's.

Speaking of, they lost to La Spezia in the Coppa Italia on penalties this morning, lol

Hey, you answered my unspoken question!

I don't actually have his face memorized. :v:

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Eugenio Corini new manager. That will go well too I am sure.

Also lol

"The Coach was given the backing of the club earlier this week, but was sacked this evening following elimination from the Coppa Italia at the hands of Spezia.

“A pitiful match,” Zamparini told reporters.

“A pitiful squad and a pitiful Coach. The day before the match I sent him a message on his mobile phone telling him that I didn’t care about the Fiorentina match, but that the Spezia one was a very delicate one from a psychological perspective.

“That’s why I asked him to play all the starters. He put out a team with a load of reserves. I’m sure he did it to get sacked, and therefore I’ll seek termination of his contract for gross misconduct.

“I’m disappointed by this, because rather than being an insult to me, it’s an insult to Palermo fans and their passion.”

Zamparini previously revealed that De Zerbi would be due "a lot of money" if sacked, but a gross misconduct charge would waive any compensation."

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
How do I become a Serie A manager? It seems like one of the fastest growing industries in the world.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

:discourse:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Seltzer posted:

How do I become a Serie A manager? It seems like one of the fastest growing industries in the world.

No job security

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Peak Zamp, good poo poo

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

That's three managers before Christmas. Well on pace for a good season of sackings if this keeps up.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I want a serie a team managed by a committee of five clown managers that have to reach a majority on decisions.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
atalanta is cool. peace

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Managing in Serie A sometimes seems the equivilant of Twitch Plays Football Manager 2016.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Robviously posted:

Managing in Serie A sometimes seems the equivilant of Twitch Plays Football Manager 2016.

Signs Neymar, Messi, and Ronaldo. Has no formation or defenders.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/gdnlongread/status/804253794871681024

This is worth taking the time to read. It looks at how ultras operate by examining a couple of Juve ultra groups that do ticket touting, their ties to the mafia, and how even the club is complicit in their operations.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

This is worth taking the time to read. It looks at how ultras operate by examining a couple of Juve ultra groups that do ticket touting, their ties to the mafia, and how even the club is complicit in their operations.

Christ, that is a depressing read but a good one. I know we all joke about it but Juventus is in my mind one of Italy's "cleaner" clubs with respect to doing things by the book and legally ever since they got caught in the 2000's. It's a shame to read something like that because you know if it happens at a club like Juve, it's absolutely rampant in other places. The whole idea of "renting" season tickets is a really brilliant criminal move.

Speaking of ultras, Lazio's groups have decided to show up for the derby after the team asked them to. Roma's have still not responded, but I think it would be pretty bad if they let the Nord be full and let the Sud be totally empty. Lazio is the home team so it'll be pretty quiet in the Roma camp if they don't show.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
e: wrong thread

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Oh nice, Inter and Napoli play today

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Mauro is going to wear this captain's armband tonight

https://twitter.com/90minutoRai/status/804733759790739456

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

trem_two posted:

This was a great read.

I remember I watched this incident live on TV and we discussed it in that year's thread

quote:

The final of the Coppa Italia, on 3 May that year, between Napoli and Fiorentina, was marred by violence before the match. A fascist ex-AS Roma ultra shot three Napoli fans, one of whom later died. Napoli ultras were so incensed that they prevented the match kicking off for half an hour. The Napoli ultra leader, Genny ’a Carogna (Genny the Swine), proudly wore a black T-shirt urging the release of the man jailed for murdering the policeman Ispettore Raciti back in 2007.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Napoli: Reina; Hysaj, Albiol, Koulibaly, Ghoulam; Zielinski, Diawara, Hamsik; Callejon, Gabbiadini, Insigne.

Inter: Handanovic; D'Ambrosio, Ranocchia, Miranda, Ansaldi; Brozovic, Kondogbia; Candreva, Ever Banega, Perisic; Icardi.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
I'm surprised Gabbiadini is starting, and it's also a bit surprising to see Diawara and Zielinski starting together.

I'm glad I got stuck computer janitoring all night so I can have the afternoon off and sit on my rear end and watch this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
wow, what a team goal for Napoli, lovely

• Locked thread