Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I don't think Yasuo is broken but his windwall is definitely unfun to play against. Like Veigar's loving stun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Orv posted:

Liar?

Maybe it's a weird VFX interaction not actually blocking it.

E: Also what the hell happened, why is there an utterly horrifying Poppy in every game now?

It blocks her E, not her Q.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Nah gently caress yasuo destroy him.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Tank Karma is very good

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011
Windwall blocking from both directions is what drives me nuts.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Taitale posted:

Get rid of that and ake it speed up allied projectiles that go through it

Jayce/Yasuppo new meta

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Orv posted:

Why is Poppy a tiny, unkillable god with only two items :negative:

tank items are unbelievably efficient. it's why being able to do a lot of damage without damage items is a large fundamental problem that i think is PROBABLY worse than when tanks weren't threatening. bruisers were stupid then but generally speaking much easier to kill

Taitale posted:

literally every fun yasuo play to watch hinges on this aspect of the skill. i more or less dont have an opinion about windwall but if this was no longer the case i would say it is in fact a stupid and bad skill that shouldnt exist because why even bother

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Cis Lord posted:

I absolutely supported Trump, but him winning only got hilarious when the salt started flowing.

You're acting proud about this but you really shouldnt.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

rabidsquid posted:

tank items are unbelievably efficient. it's why being able to do a lot of damage without damage items is a large fundamental problem that i think is PROBABLY worse than when tanks weren't threatening. bruisers were stupid then but generally speaking much easier to kill

yeah they're all cheaper than damage items and most have free damage on them too. nice assassin patch we're in imo

Cis Lord
Nov 14, 2016

underage at the vape shop posted:

You're acting proud about this but you really shouldnt.

You're acting salty about this, but you really shouldn't.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Cis Lord posted:

I absolutely supported Trump, but him winning only got hilarious when the salt started flowing.

username post combo

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Can we PLEASE not get baited by the 2 week old account

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
I think I am going to become a full time hecarim abuser. He seems so easy.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
every time that guy posts i just think of sam jackson saying "a cis lord??" instead. that's my recommended posting experience

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Luna Was Here posted:

Can we PLEASE not get baited by the 2 week old account

Seriously.

Also, I don't have a problem with Yasuo fundamentally and I think windwall is a cool skill that makes a lot of sense in his kit, but I do think his mid-late game status is just a bit too good because he can be hopelessly behind and still be super relevant.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Sexpansion posted:

Seriously.

Also, I don't have a problem with Yasuo fundamentally and I think windwall is a cool skill that makes a lot of sense in his kit, but I do think his mid-late game status is just a bit too good because he can be hopelessly behind and still be super relevant.

counterpoint: amumu exists and is cool and good super relevant being hopelessly behind late game???

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Kashuno posted:

counterpoint: amumu exists and is cool and good super relevant being hopelessly behind late game???

Counter counterpoint: no one cares about amumu because he'll stay relatively unpopular because he's not anime sword man

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

to me, crying is the most anime sword man action possible and i eternally respect amumu and how he's the true king of anime

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Also, Amumu is not really very relevant when he's super behind. Sure, he has an effective ult, but if Amumu gets significantly behind he's really not tanky enough to do much until the very lategame.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

a jungle tank should be able to overcome that easier than most thanks to cinderhulk being a super cheap source of health letting you pick up some resists and not just having no hit points??

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Oh yeah good point, I bet they just forgot to buy items - a frequent problem seen among losing players & teams.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

or they didnt buy tank items. im sorry im getting in the way of the hilarious joke btw, keep it up big kev

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Tired Moritz posted:

Tank Karma is very good

yes

players still seem to not understand what R W does because they will get baited for eternity into it. 45% cdr tanky Karma can keep herself topped off indefinitely and is probably one of the best champions at 1v1 in the entire game just for that reason

http://plays.tv/video/57f456f105e6059a7b/i-am-support?from=user

How Rude fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Dec 1, 2016

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

rabidsquid posted:

or they didnt buy tank items. im sorry im getting in the way of the hilarious joke btw, keep it up big kev

(Thresh build guide.jpg)

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Philip Rivers posted:

Poppy is good, and cool.

I thought Poppy was unkillable before but with Courage of Colossus if at any point she lands her ult or stun good luck dealing any dmg to her.

Eh I don't mind her as much though unless I got adc. Tanks are only annoying if you're adc. Normally as midlane u can get around the tank or deal aoe dmg to their backline anyway. Man it feels bad when you auto a Poppy who has gauntlet+sunfire and you have zeal item + ie. It feels like a total waste autoing a tank who can proc Courage especially if they go double tank item into GA like Poppy.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Kashuno posted:

Name a popular jungle who can be oppressed early by a good amumu, and then we'll talk.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Ulio posted:

I thought Poppy was unkillable before but with Courage of Colossus if at any point she lands her ult or stun good luck dealing any dmg to her.
Do you even need to stun or does the knockback count?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

you need the stun

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

How Rude posted:

yes

players still seem to not understand what R W does because they will get baited for eternity into it. 45% cdr tanky Karma can keep herself topped off indefinitely and is probably one of the best champions at 1v1 in the entire game just for that reason

http://plays.tv/video/57f456f105e6059a7b/i-am-support?from=user

Teach me the ways of tank karma so I have something to fall back on when I inevitability get placed into support.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Etrips posted:

Teach me the ways of tank karma so I have something to fall back on when I inevitability get placed into support.

with the addition of redemption and the rework of Mikael's you can probably just go Eye of the Watchers + Boots 3 into those two items. Spirit Visage, Ardent Censer, Banner of Command or Hextech protobelt will round out your CDR and give you more shields health and bullshit sustain depending on what you need at the moment. Get locket last for the big rear end shield synergy with R E.

Your job in teamfights is to either R W the biggest threat on their team and make them immobile as often as possible or R E + locket + redemption your adc if an assassin or burst mage is targeting them. I haven't tried it yet but the new support items probably make beefy support Karma much more viable

How Rude fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Dec 1, 2016

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
if it's good builds you're after look no further

https://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/brucer-xin-zhao-417360

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
A good player build is to rush Teamwork, start on Confidence, and don't forget to finish Humility.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

you need the stun

actually any use of e gives you colossus because it's a displacement

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

a medical mystery posted:

actually any use of e gives you colossus because it's a displacement

i wasnt getting them when i played her without the wall stun??

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

rabidsquid posted:

i wasnt getting them when i played her without the wall stun??

Tested this in a custom a few weeks ago so unless they changed it you don't need to land the stun to get the shield.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Lovechop posted:

just think of sam jackson saying "a cis lord??" instead.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
vayne's E also gives colossus without getting a stun

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

stump collector posted:

vayne's E also gives colossus without getting a stun

I sense a disturbance in ranked....as if a million players picked Vayne at once and then suddenly went bruiser....

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
How to play sololane tank karma, the bad bronze way.

1. rush armor if against ad, spirit visage against ap (you'll have to get spirit visage at some point)
4. cdr tanky items
3. a cheap relic shield for that 2 gold per 10 sec/your q can easily procs the heals

you don't even have to think about anything else, use your q to poke and if the enemy goes in, just r+w, e, and q.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Neurolimal posted:

I sense a disturbance in ranked....as if a million players picked Vayne at once and then suddenly went bruiser....

i tried it ina custom and it was insanely horrible

• Locked thread