Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

rabidsquid posted:

so i have two thoughts. firstly this arena bug is bananas, and secondly holy poo poo we sure arent ever getting free lapis again are we

They are slowly depriving us of our saved up Lapis in preperation of the Orlandu Mega Whaling Event to arrive in 3-4 weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
I think the Gumi staff have gone home for the day.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Wait, I'm constantly getting 5 bubbles full in the arena. Whats going on?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Vax posted:

Wait, I'm constantly getting 5 bubbles full in the arena. Whats going on?

i told you it was bananas

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I hate the arena and not being able to burn my orbs is triggering me.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

I wonder if it works for the collosseum for the new players? Would be nice to be able to grind through it real fast.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm just gonna go and finish up the Colosseum then.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Now have infinorbs like everyone else. Scared to clear the Colon and get banned. Gotta work anyway. wom

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

deathbagel posted:

I wonder if it works for the collosseum for the new players? Would be nice to be able to grind through it real fast.

either this is fixed, it stopped working for me, and or going into the colosseum made it stop working for me but my orbs arent constantly refreshing anymore

big cummers ONLY posted:

Now have infinorbs like everyone else. Scared to clear the Colon and get banned. Gotta work anyway. wom

not sure that gumi possesses this level of power, clear your colon with a free conscience friend goon

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
It's dead Jim.

Can't connect anymore. They fixing the arena bug?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
I'm still going strong.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

I'm still going strong.

Me too, I got an error trying to enter one fight, but then after relogging, it still works and I still have 5 orbs after a couple more fights.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I finally pulled a Bartz on my half price pull today. I know I have a lot of units much better than him, but I love FFV and Bartz is awesome so I wanted him.

Then I spent 4 tickets to try and get Faris so I could have the entire FFV crew. I ended up with a Fran, TWO 4* Lanis, and a Vivi. Well, maybe I'll pull Faris on a future pull.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
Just cleared a medal board completely since this started.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy

Cartoon Man posted:

Just cleared a medal board completely since this started.

Good for you, you realize they will either reset all the rewards or ban people like you who are abusing this, right?

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Nephrite posted:

Good for you, you realize they will either reset all the rewards or ban people like you who are abusing this, right?

They wont ban like 30.000 accounts bro.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
e:f;b

Considering it's happening to everyone, I doubt they're going to ban their entire playerbase

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Yeah if you just sit idle and refresh your ranking every 5 minutes watch your ranks drop in freefall. A LOT of players doing this atm. I just cleared my board and have enough of this tedious poo poo. Also below Rank 5000 now for the first time since Arena was launched. Wont last an hour I reckon.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Wait, you mean this isn't just a secret unannounced event? I assume they wanted to stress test their arena system or something.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Since I first said something I have never had less than 4 orbs in the arena and I have continuously been doing battle after battle. About 60 fights so far.

edit: after writing that it appears the arena is back to normal now. I am losing orbs after battle. I jinxed it :(

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Dec 1, 2016

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
The SA naughty list.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
Yeah it's fixed now. Gonna be interesting to see if they take things away.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Armitage posted:

Bleh, arena reward summon ticket today? I don't even use the arena, my team isn't up to snuff.

Beat ADV Gilgamesh, used ticket and got another Leo. Is his Aegis Shield any good that I can grind for multiples or is it safe to combine?

Arena tickets are for summoning loot like stat pots, getting ten is really good, no actual arenaing required.

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

Ain't easy looking this eggstraordinary.

So this might be a dumb question but I don't want to accidentally screw up my account. I'm currently running an account on Android and was thinking about setting up one of the emulators on my desktop just to help with TM farming because my god, but I thought I had seen something about Apple/iOS accounts being able to set it up whenever (and still be able to play the same account on mobile), whereas I thought Android wouldn't let you play the same account on mobile and then also be able to macro TM farm.

Am I just being a total luddite here? Could I go through the emulator setup back in the first post and still access my account normally on my phone?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
My orbs just reset but I'm getting lots of connection errors and can't get the arena to load. I want back on the rollercoaster...

:psyduck:

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

The SA naughty list.

Does this mean Santa is leaving me coal this year?

RustySporkinmyI
Jan 29, 2006
Morbo can't understand his teleprompter. He forgot how you say that letter that looks like a man with a hat.

Sir Plus posted:

So this might be a dumb question but I don't want to accidentally screw up my account. I'm currently running an account on Android and was thinking about setting up one of the emulators on my desktop just to help with TM farming because my god, but I thought I had seen something about Apple/iOS accounts being able to set it up whenever (and still be able to play the same account on mobile), whereas I thought Android wouldn't let you play the same account on mobile and then also be able to macro TM farm.

Am I just being a total luddite here? Could I go through the emulator setup back in the first post and still access my account normally on my phone?

Yes you can use the same account on an emulator and on the phone. You just log in with the facebook account on the emulator.

Obviously you can't play the same account simultaneously on both devices. If you try to do that you get an error message and have to relog in.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Knocked out like 30 fights with that arena bug. If I had known that was going to happen I wouldn't have worked so hard to hit my hundred streak yesterday. Also:

Nephrite posted:

:laffo: they're not going to do either, what do they care if a few thousand people got a couple extra mini pots

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Dial-a-Dog posted:

:laffo: they're not going to do either, what do they care if a few thousand people got a couple extra mini pots

Exactly. This wasn't a select few players maliciously exploiting a bug (see packet injection) but rather a mistake by the developers that was available to all players through the legitimate mechanics of the game. If they banned anyone over this episode, their reputation would be tarnished and they'd lose future profits.

I'd be surprised if they didn't actually compensate everyone for their error, in order to appease the players who were unable to take advantage of it.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

They will at the very least reset the rankings else they feel the wrath of whales who spend money for arena refills screaming that its unfair

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
The whales were getting them also though, so presumably no one will complain

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

McSpankWich posted:

The whales were getting them also though, so presumably no one will complain

Well they might because "a bloo bloo bloo, those f2p players got what I paid money for"

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
5 orbs as compensation, lol

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Well that explains why I went from 500 to 20000 in the new monthly rankings when I woke up. So much for getting an early lead for the month.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Every time I flipped to Discord to talk to people (hey people join the Discord) I'd lose about 50 ranks. crazy times. I probably got about 70-80 runs in.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Dana Crysalis posted:

Arena tickets are for summoning loot like stat pots, getting ten is really good, no actual arenaing required.

Okay, good, I'd like those.

Now for Leo and his TM Aegis Shield. Is it a good to TM reward to farm multiples of or is it safe to combine him?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

Armitage posted:

Okay, good, I'd like those.

Now for Leo and his TM Aegis Shield. Is it a good to TM reward to farm multiples of or is it safe to combine him?

It's pretty rare that you need dual tanks, but there has been a few situations. I used Cecil and WoL on the Maxwell fight, but it was mostly because WoL had full break.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Dana Crysalis posted:

Every time I flipped to Discord to talk to people (hey people join the Discord) I'd lose about 50 ranks. crazy times. I probably got about 70-80 runs in.

Hahaha yeah I went a little nuts too. Could've squeezed even more runs in had I not been frantically spending medals between bunches of runs since I was afraid they'd take them away.

Briefly broke into the high 100's rank too. That's gone now though ofc.

Also saw this cool team while I was out there riding dirty.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Armitage posted:

I'd shoot for 2 Aegis Shields, but I also don't know what other good shields are coming down the pipeline. You'd want one for your Tank for sure, then another for your breaker. Unless you're really tight on space, I wouldn't get rid of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Aegis shield is a very good shield, but I can't see needing more than one. You're going to have dual wielders and people using other shields to cover elemental weaknesses

• Locked thread