Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
"Trunks, why are you carrying a stick on your back?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

TheKingofSprings posted:

I'm can't imagine there's much violence they need to censor, is it stuff like the boob jokes?

I guess the sword stabs might be a problem too.

"This is Beerus, the great [SPIRIT] of Destruction!"

also, queue a bunch of babies whining on twitter about how Jaco is disrespectful to the police or something

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
It'll probably just be language so they can show it during the day

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

TheKingofSprings posted:

is it stuff like the boob jokes?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dude, NSFW!!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I don't think that scene would have played on daytime tv to begin with in the U.S., but especially not after that Trump scandal from a few weeks ago.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Dec 1, 2016

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Lord Milkus the Kami of Destruction

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
I really want to see the ridiculous workarounds they make for the censored version.

Like, I want them to go full "Send you to another dimension, gosh darn it" with this.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Bring back the HFIL sweatshirts. Put one on Whis why not.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Censored = Crunchyroll script
Uncensored = Mangastream script

So basically, Goku calling Frieza a stupid motherfucker or Vegeta being a bit homophobic

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Censored = Crunchyroll script
Uncensored = Mangastream script

So basically, Goku calling Frieza a stupid motherfucker or Vegeta being a bit homophobic

"Don't compare me to you monsters"

VS

"gently caress you, I'm human, the real deal, right down to the fuckin marrow of my bones. Don't lump me together with you human being rear end monsters."

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yes, exactly!
Dark Horse's translation of Berserk is better for the most part, though far from perfect, but I do miss some of the parts like that

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
In the uncensored version Vegeta and Bulma discuss how they aborted Bra.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

My favorite part of the ~uncensored~ manga fansubs I've seen is how Vegeta will run around throwing all sorts of expletives and slurs and such then call Goku "mentally-challenged" every other page. Not that I'm saying they should use the other word, of course, it's just funny to see "oh, there's your line. That's where it stops."

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

UnderFreddy posted:

Not really, Cell had a zenkai boost after blowing himself up. After that then yeah, irrelevant.

Technically he just absorbed Goku's remains when he regenerated, at least in the manga I read (which refers to super saiyans 2 and 3 as ultra saiyans and mega saiyans respectively)

I'm not sure he actually mentions it was a zenkai boost.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mordaedil posted:

Technically he just absorbed Goku's remains when he regenerated, at least in the manga I read (which refers to super saiyans 2 and 3 as ultra saiyans and mega saiyans respectively)

Cell explicitly states that he got stronger due to the saiyan cells inside of him. I think whatever version you read mistranslated it and assumed that meant he absorbed Goku's remains.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Mordaedil posted:

Did that sub call SSB "Maximum Over-Saiyan"?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Cell says his cells absorbed Goku's Instant Transmission

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Last Celebration posted:

And vanilla uncut DBZ. It's actually kind of weird that they're okay with Master Roshi but Mr. Satan was one they decided to go and fix.

Well which name do you think is gonna get parents all worked up about when they hear it in their kids' favorite show at 5 in the afternoon?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

FREEZA YOU COCKSUCKING MOTHERFUCKER!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Yes, exactly!
Dark Horse's translation of Berserk is better for the most part, though far from perfect, but I do miss some of the parts like that

Not gonna lie I kind of adore that line too

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Burkion posted:

Not gonna lie I kind of adore that line too

I, too, loved the adventures of Gattsu and Griffisu.

no go on Quiznos
May 16, 2007

Pork Pro
TFS is doing the top 24 villians for this DBcember and Broly is going to be our x-mas present this year.

GT will be included this time. I wonder if Baby or the Shadow Dragons will make the list somewhere.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

no go on Quiznos posted:

GT will be included this time. I wonder if Baby or the Shadow Dragons will make the list somewhere.

Nuova and Omega Shenron certainly will.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I wonder if they count Beerus as a villain.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

I wonder if they count Beerus as a villain.

I don't see why they wouldn't. Sure he chills out later, but this is dragon ball, that's most villains.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Spiritus Nox posted:

I don't see why they wouldn't. Sure he chills out later, but this is dragon ball, that's most villains.

Every character in Dragonball is a reformed villain, including Goku. I think Bulma is the only one who was not evil at some point.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Rutibex posted:

Every character in Dragonball is a reformed villain, including Goku. I think Bulma is the only one who was not evil at some point.

Bulma shot a little boy in her first appearance.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

she also ran over him with a car

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Funky Valentine posted:

Bulma shot a little boy in her first appearance.

Manatee Cannon posted:

she also ran over him with a car

I wonder how many other little kids she ran down, and finished off with that pistol, before she met Goku.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that will be covered in the next prequel manga where jako is tasked with arresting child supervillain bulma

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Rutibex posted:

I wonder how many other little kids she ran down, and finished off with that pistol, before she met Goku.

And how many times has she done it since? She ran over pilaf in the newest episode, so we know she's not reformed.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I wonder if Raditz will make the list.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

They said they wouldn't be including Super villains, so that probably counts Beerus out unless they don't count the more recent movies as officially "Super".

Smart money's on Vegeta topping, but Perfect Cell and King Piccolo have a good shot at the title.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Rhonne posted:

I wonder if Raditz will make the list.

Tenkaichi 2 had a really neat what-if scenario where Raditz becomes a good guy, but Piccolo stays evil.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Hjalmar posted:

They said they wouldn't be including Super villains, so that probably counts Beerus out unless they don't count the more recent movies as officially "Super".

Smart money's on Vegeta topping, but Perfect Cell and King Piccolo have a good shot at the title.

Personally, I'm pretty sure Freeza is going to be number one.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Hjalmar posted:

They said Battle of Gods was the best DB movie, so I wouldn't be surprised if they gave it a pass and counted it as non-Super. It's also clear that Beerus is a huge part of why the series got revitalized, since he was such an effective character.

I'm betting Vegeta will be number 1, by the way. He's been around way too long to not be, really.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Mikedawson posted:

Tenkaichi 2 had a really neat what-if scenario where Raditz becomes a good guy, but Piccolo stays evil.

"and then raditz killed piccolo the end"

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Hjalmar posted:

I bet they count him just to have fun talking about him. Movie's called Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods, after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's going to be Freeza.

That's just obvious. Putting him any lower than number 1 DBZ villain is ludicrous.

King Piccolo is easily number 2 or 3, with Vegeta taking the spot he doesn't.

Freeza though? Freeza changed the game irrevocably, and has lasted and endured to the point of being brought back time after time after time as a major threat. He is one of the few truly unique villains that never repented and repeatedly refused to be anything less than he is, and he is in a very real way Goku's arch nemesis.

Vegeta is Goku's rival, Freeza is more.

Just, he made Goku go SSJ.

Freeza is responsible for SSJ.

There is no way he isn't getting top spot

• Locked thread