Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

prometheusbound2 posted:

I'm interested in Special Edition, but the lack of SkyUI and SPERG is really offputting. Ordinator looks pretty cool as a SPERG replacer, but what I liked about SPERG is that it made skill levels smoothly scale their effects. Does Ordinator or another SSE mod do something similar?

Ordinator has two base perk ranks that increase the effectiveness of your skill by X/X*2. Otherwise everything else is other assorted active/passive effects. It's definitely gimmicky, but I don't really mind that so much? Like there's something I think in the lockpicking tree that picks a random chest in houses you break into to be illuminated for a small amount of time, and if you reach it before the time runs out, the chest has items with increased value. If that kind of stuff sounds like what you'd like out of Skyrim, then Ord's a good replacement. If not, then no. To me, there's nothing wrong with adding more poo poo to do in Skyrim that's for sure.

I've only used Ordinator a little bit since I switched to SSE so I'm not an expert or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CFox
Nov 9, 2005
Ordinator does some interesting (or gimmicky depending on your point of view) things for the Mage and Thief skills, Warrior skills are still pretty bland for the most part. For what it is it's not a bad thing but personally I'll be glad when SPERG comes out since for me it's the perfect Vanilla+ perk overhaul while Ordinator is a total revamp. One thing I'm also doing is using all of the rest of Enai's mods except for the combat overhaul one which spices things up compared to my other runs though the game. If you're going to give Ordinator a shot I'd recommend also using Apocalypse Spells, Thunderchild, Imperius, and Aurora from the same author since they all sorta flow together. I'd also highly recommend you go for a mage character since that's where all of the fun perks and abilities are at.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

CascadeBeta posted:

Ordinator has two base perk ranks that increase the effectiveness of your skill by X/X*2.

What a weird formula. Not sure if it prioritize left-to-right or right-to-left, but either way: (X/X)*2 will always be 2, and X/(X*2) will always be 0.5. So what's the point of bringing in X in the first place?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Cat Mattress posted:

What a weird formula. Not sure if it prioritize left-to-right or right-to-left, but either way: (X/X)*2 will always be 2, and X/(X*2) will always be 0.5. So what's the point of bringing in X in the first place?

It's not X divided by X*2, it's X for rank 1, 2X for rank 2.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

If SPERG or a suitable replacement is ported to the Skyrim: SE I'll hop over. But honestly the vanilla melee/armour perks are boring. Whenever people praise perk alternatives, apart from SPERG, it always seems to be the mage and thief trees. The warrior tree is always "eh it's better but not much."

SPERG is honestly the mod I view as most essential for my enjoyment of Skyrim. Yeah armour and weapons that look relatively normal instead of goofy RPG bullshit (past steel) is nice (thinking Immersive Armour and Weapons). But with SPERG I can be this crazy heavy armour dude with tons of sweet melee abilities. Overpowered or not SPERG's the most fun part of the game for me.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

GunnerJ posted:

What are you talking about? Nothing in the OP was written with SE in mind (other than a now very out of date preview in the third post) and it never made any pretense otherwise. There is a big flashing gif saying basically that none of this applies to SE.

It was the big bold "Last updated 10/26/16" that had me thinking the OP was current and the gif was just there to stop the "will my old mods work".

EDIT: I grabbed Ordinator based on the talk here and played for a couple hours last night as a destruction mage. I didn't have to use a weapon even once!

Of course, I also restarted because the necromancer alt start put me in blackreach where poo poo was one shotting me, so I went to the College instead.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

doctor 7 posted:

If SPERG or a suitable replacement is ported to the Skyrim: SE I'll hop over. But honestly the vanilla melee/armour perks are boring. Whenever people praise perk alternatives, apart from SPERG, it always seems to be the mage and thief trees. The warrior tree is always "eh it's better but not much."

SPERG is honestly the mod I view as most essential for my enjoyment of Skyrim. Yeah armour and weapons that look relatively normal instead of goofy RPG bullshit (past steel) is nice (thinking Immersive Armour and Weapons). But with SPERG I can be this crazy heavy armour dude with tons of sweet melee abilities. Overpowered or not SPERG's the most fun part of the game for me.

Here is a sample of the Ordinator perks:

Heavy Armor

20 - Cushioned (2) - You take half/no damage from falling if wearing all Heavy Armor.
30 - Battle Weary - Tired enemies have a harder time defeating your armor. You take up to 20% less attack damage from enemies with half or less Stamina, if wearing all Heavy Armor. The lower their Stamina, the less damage you take.
40 - Defiance - You are trained to deflect incoming attacks while wearing all Heavy Armor. Whenever an enemy attacks you, you gain 15 points of armor rating for 10 seconds. This effect stacks.
60 - Bedrock - If wearing all Heavy Armor, you have 20% chance to brace for impact when attacked by an enemy, becoming immune to stagger for 4 seconds.
70 - Reap the Whirlwind - When struck by a power attack or power bash, your attacks deal 125% more damage to the attacker for 5 seconds if wearing all Heavy Armor.
90 - Primal Fear - If wearing all Heavy Armor, walking (but not running) towards living enemies within 30 feet in front of you may break their confidence, causing them to flee for 8 seconds.

One-Handed

20 - Disciplined Fighter - Reduces the Stamina cost of power attacks with one-handed weapons by 15 points.
30 - Clash of Champions (3) - Attacks with swords reduce the target's attack damage by 10/15/20% for 3 seconds.
40 - Overwhelm (2) - Landing an unblocked regular attack with a sword causes your power attacks with a sword against the same target within 2 seconds to inflict critical strikes that deal double/five times critical damage.
50 - Cross Cut - Forwards power attacks with a sword throw your opponent off balance, causing your other power attacks to deal 75% more damage to the target for 4 seconds.
60 - Windswept - Sideways power attacks with a sword fling targets backwards up to 6 feet, dealing up to 40% more damage based on distance traveled.
70 - Into the Dust - Repeated standing power attacks with a sword against a target do escalating damage if no more than 3 seconds pass between each. This effect stacks up to three times, each doing 20% more damage. Reaching four stacks knocks the target off their feet.
80 - Thousand Cuts - Attacks with swords cut a target for 15 seconds. Your swords deal double damage to a target with 10 or more cuts.
100 - And Stay Down - Mutilating a dead body with a one-handed power attack increases your one-handed damage and critical damage by 100% for 6 seconds. Once per body.

CFox
Nov 9, 2005
I shake my head every time I read the description for Thousand Cuts. At a One Handed skill of 80 what am I hitting 10 times with a sword that isn't already dead or close to it at that point? Just so stupid.
As a counter here's the perks just for fire spells in Destruction.

20 - Combustion (2) - Fire spells and effects cast on others are up to 30/50% more powerful, based on the target's missing Health percentage.
30 - Scarring Burns - Fire spells reduce the fire resistance of their targets by 25% for 5 seconds.
40 - Conflagration - Fire spells ignite the ground underneath their targets for 30 seconds. The burning ground deals 8 points of damage per second for 3 seconds on contact.
50 - Flash Fire - Fire spells have 15% chance to ignite the target for 2 seconds. The next instance of fire damage that hits an ignited target (except burning ground) detonates, dealing 125% more damage and causing a living target to flee the flames for 4 seconds.
60 - Pyromancer Ascension - Dual casting 8 fire spells in combat unleashes your power for 20 seconds: fire spells and effects are 50% more powerful and cost half Magicka, and you leave burning ground in your wake that deals 30 damage per second. This can only occur once per battle.
70 - Scorched Earth - Fire spells (except concentration spells) burn corpses to cinders, creating a pyre that burns for 30 seconds. The burning ground deals 50 points of damage per second for 5 seconds on contact.
80 - World in Flames - The burning ground created by Conflagration, Scorched Earth and Pyromancer Ascension deals 25% more damage. Additionally, other fire spells and effects are 25% more powerful against targets affected by burning ground.
90 - Outburst - When you fall below 75 points of Health, the fiery energy within you explodes and ignites nearby enemies, dealing 15 points of fire damage per second for 4 seconds and applying fire spell perks. This effect has a 180 second cooldown.
100 - Cataclysm - Fire spells that hit targets affected by burning ground explode for 20% of their current Health (max. 250 damage), blasting them into the air and reducing magic resistance by 25% for 6 seconds. This effect has a 30 second cooldown.

That's just fire spells by the way, there's similar progressions for ice and electric spells as well as general destruction perks and a couple for runes.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

I'm currently playing SSE with Ordinator perks (and also Imperious, Apocalypse, Thunderchild, Aurora and Smilodon by the same guy?) doing an Orc warrior guy - mainly points in One-Handed, Block, Heavy Armor and Smithing, no spells, just shouts - and I'm having a blast.

I used to play with SPERG a few years back but I basically forget what most of it was like, outside of getting auto perks. I like Ordinator because it gets the "make the skill cheaper/more damage/scales to your level" stuff right up front with like two perks at the bottom, and then you get to pick how you want to specialize. That's the big attraction for me. I know a lot of the Ordinator perks seems "gimmicky" but I like it because it offers some nice synergy between some of the trees and incentivizing some different ways of play.

However, I might also just be crazy - I'm using Frostfall, Camping and iNeeds for the first time with no fast travel (outside of carriages)! Certainly seeing a lot more of the world than I was before.

Except High Hrothgar. I'm still console coc-ing up there, because gently caress that walk.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Bruteman posted:

I'm currently playing SSE with Ordinator perks (and also Imperious, Apocalypse, Thunderchild, Aurora and Smilodon by the same guy?) doing an Orc warrior guy - mainly points in One-Handed, Block, Heavy Armor and Smithing, no spells, just shouts - and I'm having a blast.

I used to play with SPERG a few years back but I basically forget what most of it was like, outside of getting auto perks. I like Ordinator because it gets the "make the skill cheaper/more damage/scales to your level" stuff right up front with like two perks at the bottom, and then you get to pick how you want to specialize. That's the big attraction for me. I know a lot of the Ordinator perks seems "gimmicky" but I like it because it offers some nice synergy between some of the trees and incentivizing some different ways of play.

However, I might also just be crazy - I'm using Frostfall, Camping and iNeeds for the first time with no fast travel (outside of carriages)! Certainly seeing a lot more of the world than I was before.

Except High Hrothgar. I'm still console coc-ing up there, because gently caress that walk.

I'm running the same sort of mods, including Frostfall Camping and iNeeds (although I've always liked these mods) and yeah I'm having a blast and a half. SkyUI plus an ultra-widescreen fix PLUS that WICO mod but with the weirdo-essential poo poo ripped out and man, besides SKSE and MCM I've kind of got everything I need for a good fun time. I've got 85 mods active right now and besides bash patching and merge patching I just kind of threw it all together and I played all last night without a single crash.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

It's not X divided by X*2, it's X for rank 1, 2X for rank 2.

:doh:

I forgot that / is a divide symbol. Basic math at 8am isn't my strong suit.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Soonmot posted:

It was the big bold "Last updated 10/26/16" that had me thinking the OP was current and the gif was just there to stop the "will my old mods work".

That only notes the last time "an update to the OP was made," not anything about the contents.

GunnerJ fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Dec 1, 2016

Berkshire Hunts
Nov 5, 2009
I've been using a perk mod called something like "better vanilla perks" that's sort of SPERG-lite, but beth.net says it's PS4 only. Anyway, I recommend that.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
One tiny thing I'm loving about Ordinator right now is the Ambush Predator perk on the Bow tree.

If you sit still (probably with something in your sights) for 6 seconds, you get a 20% damage bonus. It's a small thing, but it feels like I'm taking my time and gives me an incentive to find a good vantage point to get multiple dudes.

One thing I'm NOT liking is that the Trick Arrows perk doesn't seem to give me Trick Bolts, which is BS.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Bruteman posted:

This is me too plus wildcat to make my life more interesting. Playing a mage, fights are actually fun.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Mr.Grit posted:

Give ordinator a try and see if you like it. I had some fun with it, but it has a ridiculous amount of perks and is a little gimmicky for my tastes. Quality stuff by Enai though.
This playthrough I'm using TTR skill overhaul and it'll be my goto for the time being.
At this point, I'm missing the ability to bind weapon/spell set to keys more than anything else.

drat this TTR skill looks good, I just don't know If i want to install it halfway through my game.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I'm having constant CTDs in Karthspire. Doesn't crash when I turn off mods, but I haven't tested extensively because of \~*SPOILERS*~/. Before I go on a wild goose chase, any known problem mods associated with that area?

The one thing I suspect is a massive inventory stored up in my horse via Convenient Horses, but disabling CH didn't fix the problem.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Rinkles posted:

I'm having constant CTDs in Karthspire. Doesn't crash when I turn off mods, but I haven't tested extensively because of \~*SPOILERS*~/. Before I go on a wild goose chase, any known problem mods associated with that area?

The one thing I suspect is a massive inventory stored up in my horse via Convenient Horses, but disabling CH didn't fix the problem.

Do a binary test. Turn off half your mods and see if that fixes it, then the other half. Then half of the positive result, and so on. That should narrow it down pretty quick.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
Yesterday was the first time I've tried a real ENB preset rather than just using the game and various lighting mods. Not a fan at all.
I realize that it's a preset and 'o man this one is the good one' is a thing that can be said but it truly does feel like ENB settings are a game of Skyrim photoshop filters that are constantly outrunning the subtle of itself. Instead of a very slight setting that makes the sunshafts visible it's like people crank it up 200% or more just to be able to see it.

Also I played modded SSE all day yesterday (again) and didn't crash a single time or have any glitches or issues of any kind. That is completely unheard of with modded Oldrim.

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

KakerMix posted:

Yesterday was the first time I've tried a real ENB preset rather than just using the game and various lighting mods. Not a fan at all.
I realize that it's a preset and 'o man this one is the good one' is a thing that can be said but it truly does feel like ENB settings are a game of Skyrim photoshop filters that are constantly outrunning the subtle of itself. Instead of a very slight setting that makes the sunshafts visible it's like people crank it up 200% or more just to be able to see it.

Also I played modded SSE all day yesterday (again) and didn't crash a single time or have any glitches or issues of any kind. That is completely unheard of with modded Oldrim.

That's par for the course for all mods though. If you end up looking for something, you will always find the "cranked to 200%" thing in short order. I was looking the other day if there were any interesting clothing items on the Nexus, thinking maybe I'd find a different set of robes or some regular clothes. I assume these things exist somewhere, but what Nexus offered were lingerie, high heels, tights, "dresses" that seem to be made solely out of air and empty promises, and mini skirts. I feel ENB works the same way; you might think "maybe a little", but the mod community says "HAHA, HAVE IT ALL, OH, ALMOST FORGOT TO TURN THAT PAST 10, EH?!".

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Rinkles posted:

Apparently: Skyrim Particle Patch for ENB - Flame Atronach Fix.esp was the culprit.

KakerMix posted:

It'll be different for SSE but ENB shadows and some of the shaders do make a big difference in Oldrim. Unfortunately there aren't many presets that just apply the subtle enhancements. I was surprised by just how much garbage there was.

I use http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/40729/?.

KakerMix posted:

FWIW, before the above issue, I played 20+ hours Oldrim with one CTD total.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Hollow Talk posted:

That's par for the course for all mods though. If you end up looking for something, you will always find the "cranked to 200%" thing in short order. I was looking the other day if there were any interesting clothing items on the Nexus, thinking maybe I'd find a different set of robes or some regular clothes. I assume these things exist somewhere, but what Nexus offered were lingerie, high heels, tights, "dresses" that seem to be made solely out of air and empty promises, and mini skirts. I feel ENB works the same way; you might think "maybe a little", but the mod community says "HAHA, HAVE IT ALL, OH, ALMOST FORGOT TO TURN THAT PAST 10, EH?!".
It's bad enough that you could make mods whose whole deal is 'totally plain and normal' and have that being a selling point. There was a body mod that was like that where the women weren't naked (!) that I can't remember the name of.

Rinkles posted:

It'll be different for SSE but ENB shadows and some of the shaders do make a big difference in Oldrim. Unfortunately there aren't many presets that just apply the subtle enhancements. I was surprised by just how much garbage there was.

I use http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/40729/?.

FWIW, before the above issue, I played 20+ hours Oldrim with one CTD total.

That does look like a good ENB, on me for assuming that someone's ~vision~ was going to be any good if they put it up on Nexus with a bunch of specifics.
Oldrim just wasn't ever stable for me even though I've put 270 heavily-modded hours into it is all, and jumping into SSE and throwing the same sort of things at it that I would at Oldrim and having it all just work is quite nice and different than my previous experiences.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I have well over 100 hours of oldrim from a vanilla play through at launch to now my third modded play through and I've crashed maybe three times total.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Hollow Talk posted:

Opulent outfits and more colorful robes are what I'm wearing. Beware, it put about a million things in your leather tanning and hide crafting menus.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

KakerMix posted:

To be honest all the talks about ENBs and hires texture packs just remind me of this stupid comic:

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
For a PunchCat character, what skills did you all pick? Using Ordinator SE.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Monolith. posted:

For a PunchCat character, what skills did you all pick? Using Ordinator SE.

Just go up the obvious left side of the Light Armor tree, since they all deal with unarmed attacks: Iron Fist, Sweeping Wind, Rushing Tide, Hissing Dragon/Breaking Waves.

Sneak's "Dynamic Entry" perk available at 40 skill also buffs your unarmed damage briefly after you do a roll.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Silly question maybe: what's the best way to cut down an enormous inventory?

My game stability has really deteriorated recently. I'm not getting getting CTDs non stop, but much more frequently than initially. I'm worried it's related to my horse's overloaded baggage (feature of convenient horses). There's also ever more noticeable slow down when accessing the inventory.

Should I distribute the contents between containers, sell most of the stuff, delete it via console (don't know how to do that yet)?

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Dec 3, 2016

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

I actually didn't realize that SkyTweak could be a cheat mod, which is making my life a shitton easier by getting rid of weight limits and putting proper gold in merchants. Awesome stuff.

(the vanilla playthrough is gradually but surely becoming less and less by every useful stuff I happen to find in mods)

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Bruteman posted:

Just go up the obvious left side of the Light Armor tree, since they all deal with unarmed attacks: Iron Fist, Sweeping Wind, Rushing Tide, Hissing Dragon/Breaking Waves.

Sneak's "Dynamic Entry" perk available at 40 skill also buffs your unarmed damage briefly after you do a roll.

Obvious enough. Any magic to buff my fists?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Rinkles posted:

Silly question maybe: what's the best way to cut down an enormous inventory?

My game stability has really deteriorated recently. I'm not getting getting CTDs non stop, but much more frequently than initially. I'm worried it's related to my horse's overloaded baggage (feature of convenient horses). There's also ever more noticeable slow down when accessing the inventory.

Should I distribute the contents between containers, sell most of the stuff, delete it via console (don't know how to do that yet)?

Well. First thing first: what stuff do you actually use constantly, or at least frequently? Put it aside, and get rid of the rest.

Now for getting rid of stuff you don't use, ask yourself the question: are you a video game hoarder? If so, then seek therapy buy a house, furnish it, and put everything into containers. Now you've got all your useless junk adventuring mementos of great sentimental value safely squirreled away in a dozen chests and barrels, and you can keep only what you actually need.

If you're not a hoarder, just sell all your adventuring mementos of great sentimental value useless junk to merchants, convert all this baggage into useful septims.

And let your horse rest a bit, the poor beast.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Oh god, this is why I stopped using that bag house. I'd never sell anything, just storing everything for later, in case I needed it for something. Even buckets, brooms, and tankards just went into a drawer, never to be seen again.

Bethesda games bring out my inner hoarder, and it's kind of a problem.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Cat Mattress posted:

Well. First thing first: what stuff do you actually use constantly, or at least frequently? Put it aside, and get rid of the rest.

Now for getting rid of stuff you don't use, ask yourself the question: are you a video game hoarder? If so, then seek therapy buy a house, furnish it, and put everything into containers. Now you've got all your useless junk adventuring mementos of great sentimental value safely squirreled away in a dozen chests and barrels, and you can keep only what you actually need.

If you're not a hoarder, just sell all your adventuring mementos of great sentimental value useless junk to merchants, convert all this baggage into useful septims.

And let your horse rest a bit, the poor beast.

I'm drowning in septims as is.

The bulk of the inventory are crafting components, potions, scrolls and some equipment I like the look of/does cool stuff.

Are there any houses with the autosorting feature from Lombard Station NV?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Okay, I saw this original comic a few days ago on facebook, and had to (heh) mod it into this:

(I even tried to match the ingame font for each game...)

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Bruteman posted:

Oooh how's that interact with the Sneak Pounce that Imperator gives to khajiit?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Agents are GO! posted:

Okay, I saw this original comic a few days ago on facebook, and had to (heh) mod it into this:

(I even tried to match the ingame font for each game...)

Hitscan combat? In Skyrim? People who say that don't know or understand what hitscans are.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Cat Mattress posted:

Hitscan combat? In Skyrim? People who say that don't know or understand what hitscans are.

In morrowind.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Is there a way to fully allow keyboard controls along with gamepad?

(I have been playing a bit with both and I actually think it is better with the latter, but only if mouse/keyboard can stay on as well for hotkeys and better menu controls)

edit: what the gently caress my horse just solo'ed five bandits by itself

dead gay comedy forums fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Dec 3, 2016

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Transmetropolitan posted:

(I have been playing a bit with both and I actually think it is better with the latter, but only if mouse/keyboard can stay on as well for hotkeys and better menu controls)

Your horse is actually the Dragonborn. Sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Transmetropolitan posted:

This worked for me. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30913/

You're not using a DS4 are you? In combination with its touchpad, this allows me to have like 7 additional hotkeys on the controller. Note: I had to use "Scan Mode" when binding keys to DS4 shortcuts for skyrim to recognize it (took me forever to find the fix).