Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack

Bo-Pepper posted:

check out my sweet joystick

This is a good freaking joystick.

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

drilldo squirt posted:

This is a good freaking joystick.

yeah and it's good for gaming too!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Bo-Pepper posted:

check out my sweet joystick

someday grand-pep is gonna tell the little bo-peps about how it used to be, back the day when IBM made gaming hardware for their sweet PCs.

I'm on a plane and let me tell you what my friends, I do not looking airports I am glad to go home again. Only two more weeks before we do it all again.

FluffieDuckie

here's my gaming rig

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

social vegan

FluffieDuckie posted:

here's my gaming rig

Johnny Five: no please my eyes please no

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

FluffieDuckie posted:

here's my gaming rig

i had to walk both ways uphill in the snow to play pong at my friend's house never having one of my own

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

just me back in the day nbd

FluffieDuckie

Bo-Pepper posted:

i had to walk both ways uphill in the snow to play pong at my friend's house never having one of my own

it was us. we were the first house on the block with pong.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

mom with her sweet gaming rig

POOL IS CLOSED

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
i got crusader kings 2 last night and

i just don't get it at all :cripes:

brought 2 u by Manifisto, mastercraftsposter of sigs

death sext

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

I am in the same boat. I bought it because everyone makes it sound so fun, but every time I try to play my eyes just glaze over. There's a lot of information to work with and I get overwhelmed.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

check out the games forum thread about it and watch the tutorial videos found therein

ck2's not really my cup of tea but from what I've heard from people who like it the game doesn't really click until you get comfortable with all the moving parts

death sext

I didn't think to check for a thread, cool. The tutorial videos seem manageable to my poor underperforming brain.

vanisher

ck2 is one of those games I would watch an LP on but probably fail at trying to play

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

social vegan

:same:

POOL IS CLOSED

death sext posted:

I am in the same boat. I bought it because everyone makes it sound so fun, but every time I try to play my eyes just glaze over. There's a lot of information to work with and I get overwhelmed.

i've always thought of myself as someone who likes pretty dense simulations but i'm overwhelmed by the d*ng tutorial scenario holy moly

Bo-Pepper posted:

check out the games forum thread about it and watch the tutorial videos found therein

ck2's not really my cup of tea but from what I've heard from people who like it the game doesn't really click until you get comfortable with all the moving parts

...and i should always remember that enterprising goons have created a megathread packed with knowledge for every game thank you thank you

vanisher posted:

ck2 is one of those games I would watch an LP on but probably fail at trying to play

there's a real cool screen shot lp that starts with ck2 going on right now. if you are into more eastern euro history and/or the byzantine empire, check out Blood in the Bosphorus. it's written really well. i mostly skim the non-OP roleplay posts though tbh (sleep in bronze posts cool facts sometimes though, i think they're a researcher or professor who specializes in Greek history?).

death sext

Just like in real life, I want to jump straight over the dense info parts and into the debauchery.

FluffieDuckie

guys i'm probably going to do some clean up today. if you have a favorite thread that's just kind of languishing there and nothing funny or interesting is happening now would be a good time to try revive it before the iron claw of death arrives

Senior Management

Y2K was a real problem that was serious. However a bunch of computermen worked really hard to fix the problem before the deadline. They did a good job so everyone just laughs about Y2K. I am just waiting it out in my creepy bunker until the Year 2038 Unix problem wipes out humanity.

Also Bo-Pepper and I invented Tennis for Two in 1958. We are old but also video game pioneers.

:jerry:

alnilam

Vynar posted:

Y2K was a real problem that was serious. However a bunch of computermen worked really hard to fix the problem before the deadline. They did a good job so everyone just laughs about Y2K. I am just waiting it out in my creepy bunker until the Year 2038 Unix problem wipes out humanity.

Also Bo-Pepper and I invented Tennis for Two in 1958. We are old but also video game pioneers.

Me as i send in an arbiter (with 9 hallucinations of itself so that it gets by their air defenses) to Recall in a pile of 6 reavers, 6 carriers, and 8 dragoons to the heart of the enemy base: "this one goes out to the brave computermen who made this possible"

vanisher

FluffieDuckie posted:

guys i'm probably going to do some clean up today. if you have a favorite thread that's just kind of languishing there and nothing funny or interesting is happening now would be a good time to try revive it before the iron claw of death arrives

That chat thread has kind of devolved into a video game thread
We could swap the thread titles on the video game thread and the chat thread and re-sticky the videogame one

Thank you for reading my ideas

alnilam

Nah this is really more of a y2k chat

vanisher

alnilam posted:

BYOB - an island of chill Y2K Chat

deadly_pudding

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

alnilam posted:

I went to a big New Years party on y2k and mostly just played Team Fortress Classic in the other room while the adults got drunk as hell and prepared for the End Times.

Nothing happened, but the hors d'oeuvres were really good because it was my grandparents' rich af friend's house.

Urodov

Vynar posted:

at least if they fix unix time before the end of the epoch we won't have to worry about it again for almost 300 billion years

e: and if they don't we get to go back to 1901
or at least our computers do

Urodov fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Dec 1, 2016

Ãèáåëü â ìîðñêîé âîëíå,                                                                                                спасибо, Слагнойд-кун!
èëè ñâîáîäó

tao of lmao

jbab

w/r/t ck2, there are no win conditions, so just play. You'll learn best by loving up.

tao of lmao

FluffieDuckie posted:

goldmine all my threads tia

POOL IS CLOSED

tao of lmao posted:

jbab

w/r/t ck2, there are no win conditions, so just play. You'll learn best by loving up.

so you're saying... historical dwarf fortress

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

so you're saying... historical dwarf fortress

More like a coloring book where the goal is to get only one color (yours, preferably) to cross every available line and fill in all the space

E: historical coloring book

Farecoal

There he go
hi

eonwe

hey

alnilam

hello

drilldo squirt

tao of lmao posted:

goldmine all my threads tia

This except my threads.

----------------

tao of lmao

drilldo squirt posted:

This except my threads.

There'a enough room in the goldmine for both of us, friend.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

THERE'S NO ROOM FOR ANY OF YOU IT'S MINE ALL MINE

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Welcome&chat

Senior Management

Bo-Pepper posted:

THERE'S NO ROOM FOR ANY OF YOU IT'S MINE ALL MINE

Hey! How did you find my creepy sex gold mine? You might want too disinfect the place first. There are all sorts of weird space diseases your earth brain cannot comprehend.

:jerry:

Historical Wizards

The closest thing to a talent that I have is my ability to play Crusader Kings, and Europa Universallis while completely sloshed.

Many thanks Social Vegan for the wonderful av, and Fanky Malloons for the sig

drilldo squirt

Crusader kings two needs a competent tutorial and I'm shocked it doesn't have one yet.

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scarycave

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire