Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serf
May 5, 2011

logikv9 posted:

andrew kaczynski, noted conservative hit-piece writer

from what I've seen so far, we ought to be looking out for milquetoast neoliberals at the moment

e: Neo Ed Balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

zegermans posted:

That is not what you said. You said that was all he needed to do to be a great president, implying that it would absolve him of any other terrible poo poo he did.

You sound 100% certain that were up for a loss just not in 2 years but also in 4 so I'm not sure what your endgame is by posting this garbage over and over

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Heh stupid single issue voter :smug:

Have you seeked mental help?

Can't. My apartment's non-smoking

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

zegermans posted:

Nobody is running for public office for 2 years and given what states are up in the senate, there's really no election the democrats can win for 4 years. He's the guy being annointed by both the establishment and progressive sides as the new face of the party right now, and will continue to be until we have a democratic presidential nominee. Being painted as an antisemitic closet jihadist is a big deal and something he needs to squelch in its infancy, if he had any sense. Swiftboating and emailghazi demonstrate you can't just ignore something if you don't think it's a valid attack and expect it to go away.

Obama ignored his and did fine. They try to do this to everyone. I agree we should take a more aggressive tack on squashing this poo poo but have no idea what it should be.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Grondoth posted:

That's why I said DNC not congress. But yeah I can see how I could be misunderstood. These PR hacks and marketing washouts need to be purged. I'm even thinking we should start pushing Brazlie out so we can have the election sooner and push the momentum of "you fuckers lost to trump" be pushed right into that.

to an extent i think you're right, to an extent i think that's too far. one issue is there just isn't really some up-and-coming class of people to replace them with - you have a handful of people who are really good and know what they're talking about, and then you have legions of grifters that just tell you what you want to hear and absolutely rinse local candidates for 30-40% of their fundraising. and i'm not really in favor of killing off effective consultants who aren't always right in favor of the grifter class, who i think will inevitably gain if we start this purge process. i think the top consultants in dem party really want to win and will learn/become more effective from 2016, whereas there's a whole lot of people who are going to learn the wrong lessons.

the dnc should work to end the massive conflicts-of-interest in consulting work. for example, a media buyer is going to tell their candidate to buy more tv ads, and then take a percentage of the overall buy. we have to end the tad devine type poo poo where he pushes weaver to fire the entire bernie field staff and then spend that money on ads that he directly profits from. focus groups and message testing are important, but they should be de-emphasized in favor of pushing candidates to build cohesive messages that talk more about vision than a hodgepodge of lines that test well in polling. more states should invest in year-round organizing efforts emphasizing changing the partisan composition of the electorate. overall i think the democratic party has stagnated since 2008 and they should stop ceding ground to progressive issue advocacy organizations and start taking the lead on getting people to see the party in a more positive light.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

GlyphGryph posted:

But yeah completely expected, and I very much doubt it will matter thankfully

This sounds familiar....

*listens to the whispers of EMAILS! BENGHAZI on the winds*

oh gently caress

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

without drugs giving the cartels so much money and motivation, trump would sound even dumber about the wall

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Cerebral Bore posted:

Have you sought mental help for your neoliberalism?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

logikv9 posted:

andrew kaczynski, noted conservative hit-piece writer

You dont need to be conservative to write a hit piece you know

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

GlyphGryph posted:

Obama ignored his and did fine. They try to do this to everyone. I agree we should take a more aggressive tack on squashing this poo poo but have no idea what it should be.
making GBS threads up their comments sections, demand that they put "he actually denounced this poo poo a decade ago" at the top of the article, etc etc etc

i know the left isn't keen on using the tactics that pushed fascism forward, but someone's gotta do the chapo schtick more than just the chapo guys

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Alright, CNN is officially in the same category as Fox now.

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
Sanders' message was great because he sounded like a broken record repeating the same 3 issues over and over again - pretty much what the GOP does every day. That's what sticks with people, not drawn out policy statements, regardless of how good they may actually be.

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

Pollyanna posted:

They have been for a while.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i just realized billy mays could have run for president and won easily. rip billy

Serf
May 5, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

you mean the Clinton News Network? :v:

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Tatsuta Age posted:

This sounds familiar....

*listens to the whispers of EMAILS! BENGHAZI on the winds*

oh gently caress

If he was running for president i might be worried, even though this is more on the level of obamas pastor than anything hillary faced

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I'll be heading up the shitposting wing of the party

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

logikv9 posted:

i just realized billy mays could have run for president and won easily. rip billy

slap chop vince offer not gunna cut it in 2020

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Pollyanna posted:

I am pretty sure CNN has less journalistic integrity than Fox does. Didnt they have at least one writer that was, maybe still is, actively getting paid by Trump?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
you might be salty at CNN but saying they're worse than FOX news is very :chloe:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
FOX news, home of sean "gay for trump" hannity, bill "gently caress it" o'reilly, and roger ailes, fondler of women

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

logikv9 posted:

you might be salty at CNN but saying they're worse than FOX news is very :chloe:

remember all those posters who thought the onion was writing pro-hillary propaganda

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Concerned Citizen posted:

remember all those posters who thought the onion was writing pro-hillary propaganda

this is primary salt so don't do this

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Accretionist posted:

It's at the center of so much that you really shouldn't be this glib. It's obvious from that last clause that you don't take weed seriously for cultural reasons but the prohibition's been extremely harmful to the United States and Mexico and has been central to mass incarceration, police militarization, Mexico's de facto civil war and so much more.

Weed's deadly serious.

if you're going to be a "single-issue voter" ending the war on drugs is a pretty good single issue to have because it has ties to mass incarceration, funding national and international sex trafficking and terrorism and organized crime, police violence, the disconnection of police from communities, international finance etc. etc. etc.

the war on drugs is probably the number 1# thing loving this country up and i would even vote for donald trump if i could be reasonably sure he would end it.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Say what you will about Fox, at least they have an agenda. CNN seems to be shamelessly attempting to garner as much attention as possible, barely better than a tabloid. I used to think that was a good thing, but not so much anymore.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Vox Nihili posted:

Why the hell don't you like vote by mail?

Because I think filling out your ballot in private is extremely important and anything that limits that is bad.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Al! posted:

if you're going to be a "single-issue voter" ending the war on drugs is a pretty good single issue to have because it has ties to mass incarceration, funding national and international sex trafficking and terrorism and organized crime, police violence, the disconnection of police from communities, international finance etc. etc. etc.

the war on drugs is probably the number 1# thing loving this country up and i would even vote for donald trump if i could be reasonably sure he would end it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA5za4VsskM

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

Thoguh posted:

Because I think filling out your ballot in private is extremely important and anything that limits that is bad.

I vote by mail in Florida and aint no place more private to fill out my ballot than my kitchen table.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Al! posted:

Too bad a previous president at least could have made it so that his predecessor couldn't double down on it and make it worse.

Woopsie Daisy a whole bunch of people are gonna be in jail now :saddowns:

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

logikv9 posted:

this is primary salt so don't do this

not really. i support ellison for chair, but there's a trend on this very forum to claim a covert corporate/establishment agenda every loving time a news source says something mean about a friend of bernie, who by the way is likely to win on the strength of his support from democratic leaders.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i forgot to mention that the war on drugs is the #1 vector for voter disenfranchisement and minority economic oppression (partly through denial of access to federal assistance dollars, particularly in education, partly through the impossibility of working many jobs for former felons, regardless of their charge, as most employers including retail reject felons outright).

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Concerned Citizen posted:

not really. i support ellison for chair, but there's a trend on this very forum to claim a covert corporate/establishment agenda every loving time a news source says something mean about a friend of bernie, who by the way is likely to win on the strength of his support from democratic leaders.

while this might be true, referencing the onion debacle is primary salt in of itself

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i want legal weed so i can smoke the next four years of anxiety away like i did with college

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Al! posted:

I literally can't think of an issue that if it was fixed, would help out more people than ending the war on drugs. Maybe raising the minimum wage to what is should be? But even that wouldn't be as far reaching as ending the WoD.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

anime was right posted:

its a hit piece in the sense that that author does nothing but dig up dirt on every single politician he can.

Yeah he's been tweeting non-stop about it for the past few hours, tbf he also has been bringing up Keiths Jewish endorsements and renouncing of NOI

Your going to have to expect this since lol Obama was a model christian and he got called a terrorist. When you have an actual Muslim leading the party...... :getin:

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
i still think obama is actually a secret atheist and nothing can convince me otherwise

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

I literally can't think of an issue that if it was fixed, would help out more people than ending the war on drugs. Maybe raising the minimum wage to what is should be? But even that wouldn't be as far reaching as ending the WoD.

think about how many of those people are only earning minimum wage because drug convictions are keeping them out of literally every other job

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

logikv9 posted:

Fox is worse overall but at least they ocassonally do actual journalism. Maybe that is only their affiliates though I dunno

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

GlyphGryph posted:

Fox is worse overall but at least they ocassonally do actual journalism. Maybe that is only their affiliates though I dunno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

logikv9 posted:

Fox News doesn't hide what they are. Fair and Balanced news is delivered with a knowing smile.

CNN still wants you to treat them like a real news organization.

• Locked thread