Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im an honorary chair of the Rallying Board and have seen no motions put forward to fuckbarrel matoi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

paranoid randroid posted:

fuckbarrel matoi.

Mods please change my name

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

may i recommend you all stop posting about anime for just one moment

https://twitter.com/voxdotcom/status/804385832341803008

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

im an honorary chair of the Rallying Board and have seen no motions put forward to fuckbarrel matoi.

Why isn't it called the fuckbarrel board

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Berke Negri posted:

may i recommend you all stop posting about anime for just one moment

https://twitter.com/voxdotcom/status/804385832341803008

not sure hamilton is much better than anime

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

icantfindaname posted:

not sure hamilton isn't anime

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Hamilton is over rated

It's good though

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Hollismason posted:

I watched Akira 12 years ago please feel free to ask me about gender roles and culture in Japan

I watched the Shogun miniseries a couple days ago....

...don't ask me, I'm too far out of date.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Badger of Basra posted:

Why isn't it called the fuckbarrel board

*taps papers on desk* because our purview is not limited to fuckbarrels, thank you

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

if anyone other than warszawa has seen hamilton itt it's time to guillotine yourself

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Fuckbarrel board is a paper tiger of commission they just give policy suggestions on fuckbarreling and there's no real enforcement

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Not that this makes me an expert at all, but I have a degree in East Asian studies (80% of which was Japanese language/history/culture). I learned to dislike Japan and only finished the coursework for sunk cost reasons.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

R. Mute posted:

if anyone other than warszawa has seen hamilton itt it's time to guillotine yourself

I have seen Hamilton

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
i liked Hamilton until I learned that other people also liked Hamilton so now I don't like it anymore because I'm an independent thinker who doesn't care what other people think.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

R. Mute posted:

I saw it over a year ago. My wife wanted it for her birthday. It cost me a billion dollars. I have suffered enough.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

r mute is Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets gonna be a right-wing screed against the dangers of liberal cosmopolitanism

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

pangstrom posted:

Not that this makes me an expert at all, but I have a degree in East Asian studies (80% of which was Japanese language/history/culture). I learned to dislike Japan and only finished the coursework for sunk cost reasons.

interesting

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
I like Hamilton but hate anyone who can afford the tickets

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

PupsOfWar posted:

r mute is Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets gonna be a right-wing screed against the dangers of liberal cosmopolitanism
i don't know what that is but confidently yes, yes

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

whoa guys, guillotine only serves one at a time. form a line, please

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

R. Mute posted:

Get the giant one and do them in lots.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

R. Mute posted:

i don't know what that is but confidently yes, yes

its an upcoming space opera film based on a french comic series

I expect you as a belgian to be an authority on all things within the francosphere

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I won them

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

R. Mute posted:

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

thats not winning tbqh

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

well theyre livestreaming it so now everyone can watch it

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
"i got a one night stand at the bar, and i won a free prize! it's the clap!"

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

boner confessor posted:

"i got a one night stand at the bar, and i won a free prize! it's the clap!"

wow nice humblebrag, jack rear end

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

He became Tom Hanks in the movie Terminal based on rumour triangulation.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Where do I post about saving 1000 jobs for 7 million dollars?

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

pretty sure alexander hamilton wouldn't want poor people seeing a play of his life. it's respecting his wishes

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
so my kid's started saying my name when people knock on the door and i'm like aww this is sweet, she calls me daddy and also by my name, except the other week as i was driving her to the park the maintenance guy was outside putting stuff in his truck and my daughter starts going "My name! my name!" and i'm like oh yeah, this guy's name is also my name...

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

boner confessor posted:

so my kid's started saying my name when people knock on the door and i'm like aww this is sweet, she calls me daddy and also by my name, except the other week as i was driving her to the park the maintenance guy was outside putting stuff in his truck and my daughter starts going "My name! my name!" and i'm like oh yeah, this guy's name is also my name...

The results are in.

You are NOT the father.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

nah this is like, thursdays as usual itt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnNruqiLb8o

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

drat.... its been a while

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

pangstrom posted:

i mean japan has a lot of problems but i've always found it weird how widely acceptable it was to be openly bigoted and/or orientalist towards that country, you know? like borderline dr seuss caricature level sneering bigotry is normal and widespread, as is unbelievably credulous speculating about the essential character of the japanese mind like you're rudyard kipling from 1890 talking about the essential character of the irish race or something. i was listening to npr and they had some woman on talking about the new ghost in the shell movie and she basically made the assertion that anime characters look white because japanese people are self hating and feel racially inferior to white people, and it's like really? i mean maybe, who knows, but you'd better have a hell of a good explanation for a statement like that, backed up by actual social science, and yet there was none, and the announcer dude just sort of nodded and said "truly the japanese are a mysterious people"

or would you, as the degree-holding authority, endorse that the japanese people are a diseased, fascistic hivemind incapable of rational, individual thought, and that believing that about them is somehow not openly, virulently racist like it would seem at first sight?

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Dec 1, 2016

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
oh are we doing throwback thursday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpfzGpNK-e4

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
extremely good that uber is now marketing driver background checks as innovation

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

that's just for you and no one else, monster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

*taps papers on desk* because our purview is not limited to fuckbarrels, thank you

requesting one fuckbasket for end of the year run checks, repeat, requesting one fuckbasket for end of the year run checks, thank you

• Locked thread