Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Remember that time Cam Newton beat the Seahawks last year, and grabbed a 12th man flag and threw it? Richard Sherman remembers:

quote:

The Panthers are headed up to Seattle this weekend and reporters asked Sherman if Newton crossed the line when he tossed the flag.

“Yeah, he probably did,” Sherman said. “I guess karma gets you. It doesn’t look like you’re going to be in the playoffs this year.”

He held onto that burn for awhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kalli posted:

AFC players of November
O: Marcus Mariota

:hellyeah:

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

seiferguy posted:

Remember that time Cam Newton beat the Seahawks last year, and grabbed a 12th man flag and threw it? Richard Sherman remembers:

He held onto that burn for awhile.

That's not a burn, that's just a weak rear end observation. They probably aren't going to the playoffs... And the idea that the universe cares about a Seahawks fan and their flag is ridiculous. Sherman is a whiny baby.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

kidcoelacanth posted:

Noah Spence got rookie of the month :toot:

Always draft the drug guy!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Frog Princess posted:

That's not a burn, that's just a weak rear end observation. They probably aren't going to the playoffs... And the idea that the universe cares about a Seahawks fan and their flag is ridiculous. Sherman is a whiny baby.

Well duh, karma as a concept understood by mainstream America is a totally nonsensical concept completely removed from the original idea behind the word.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Frog Princess posted:

Shut up idiot

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Karma would be a Raiders/Seahawks Superbowl with Michael Crabtree catching the game winning touchdown on Richard Sherman.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

korrandark posted:

Karma would be a Raiders/Seahawks Superbowl with Michael Crabtree catching the game winning touchdown on Richard Sherman.

How would that be karma

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Spoeank posted:

The Johnny Football led Cleveland Football Paul Browns no less

And yet at this point the not Johnny Football led Cleveland Football Paul Browns are very much a yes, less.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Clay Matthews is saying that block where he got hosed up Monday Night is a cheapshot:

Somewhere Kaepernick is laughing his rear end off

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Shoulder to shoulder. Clay Matthews is a giant whiny baby and I hope someone chops off all his hair while he sleeps.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
it's honestly a shame Clay wasn't more seriously hurt on that play

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Karma would be the Seahawks moving to OKC

schweens posted:

Clay Matthews is saying that block where he got hosed up Monday Night is a cheapshot:

Somewhere Kaepernick is laughing his rear end off

How on earth is that a cheap shot

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

How would that be karma
Kinda shocked you don't remember the conclusion of the 2013 NFCCG

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Hard to remember things that happened before you actually started watching.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

That wouldn't be karma

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
[Sherman easily defends a TD pass against a mediocre receiver ]

Idiot: Man karma is going to catch up to that guy

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/804390110414438400
I have one possible explanation for the discrepancy.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/804392620038430720

eh, they'll survive

e: in case you don't trust florio

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/804393744048996353

Vertical Lime fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Dec 1, 2016

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I want the surgery to get botched and Gronk finishes his career with 69 Tds

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
gronk is gonna retire within the next three years huh

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Well the Jets-NE game wasn't a total loss.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/viccarucci/status/804392674283454464

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/804394544167026688

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Earl Thomas is a beast

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

corn on the cop posted:

gronk is gonna retire within the next three years huh

If he doesn't take time to heal, maybe. Romo had the same deal in 2013, but came back and had a stellar 2014. His 2015 injury was unrelated.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Is Schefter pulling the classic ESPN reporting of other people's news without crediting them? Because lol at him being minutes behind on each tweet

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

They're obviously still moon walking into the playoffs, but the Patriots are a much worse team without Gronk. Maybe Bennett can step up, but hard to understate the effect this will have on their offense.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

TheChirurgeon posted:

If he doesn't take time to heal, maybe. Romo had the same deal in 2013, but came back and had a stellar 2014. His 2015 injury was unrelated.

I mean, this is his third time having disc surgery.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

pmchem posted:

Is Schefter pulling the classic ESPN reporting of other people's news without crediting them? Because lol at him being minutes behind on each tweet

he retweeted vic's report

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

TFF already cover the Simmons/Gladwell article about the state of the NFL?

https://theringer.com/bill-simmons-malcolm-gladwell-future-of-the-nfl-b6e14a14124#.j44cjubef

Good read, this league has so many problems.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Vertical Lime posted:

he retweeted vic's report

Ah, okay.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

TheChirurgeon posted:

Idk that they're unrelated. Evey time you have a back procedure, it increases the likelyhood of another back problem

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciZkMeNuipQ

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol Kurt Coleman I'm concussion protocol as well.

The panthers barely have a team at this point.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Idk that they're unrelated. Evey time you have a back procedure, it increases the likelyhood of another back problem

well he had a broken collarbone, so

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

So was it that Kam Chancellor hit that ended Gronk's season?

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

pmchem posted:

TFF already cover the Simmons/Gladwell article about the state of the NFL?

https://theringer.com/bill-simmons-malcolm-gladwell-future-of-the-nfl-b6e14a14124#.j44cjubef

Good read, this league has so many problems.

I thought this was the most interesting part.

Malcolm Gladwell posted:

[DeMaurice] Smith negotiated one of the all-time-worst collective bargaining AGREEMENTS in history in 2011, when he agreed to a smaller share of total revenue for the players and also to the salary-cap loophole that you’re talking about. But I have to say that his defense kind of convinced me: He has no bargaining power. The only card he can play is a strike, and the odds of getting the players to walk off the job are basically zero. And the owners know that. Think about it: The length of the average career fell by two and a half years from 2008 to 2014, and now stands at under three years. How do you convince the majority of players to risk a third of their projected careers in pursuit of a better deal? He’s right! It’s impossible! Do you remember what else he said? (I think this was off-camera, so forgive me, DeMaurice.) The owner that he feels is most open to improving the lot of the players and thinking rationally about the future of the league is … Dan Snyder. As you would say, Bill: Ladies and gentlemen, your 2016 National Football League! Living proof that in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. I say we turn this exchange into an open letter to Snyder, since he is apparently football’s last best hope for salvation.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

fsif posted:

So was it that Kam Chancellor hit that ended Gronk's season?

More likely he's had it all year and the pain just got too much.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

[Sherman easily defends a TD pass against a mediocre receiver ]

Idiot: Man karma is going to catch up to that guy

Who handles your packing, out of curiosity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

TheChirurgeon posted:

well he had a broken collarbone, so

Yeah last year, this year was another back problem hth

• Locked thread