Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

I've gotten very lucky in a 12 team standard keeper league. I'm already in the playoffs and I'm trying to balance winning now with setting myself up for next year. I can keep three of the bolded players at a steep discount next year.:

QB: Prescott
RB: Bell, Freeman, Gurley, Tevin Coleman, Dion Lewis
WR: Antonio Brown, Watkins, Kelvin Benjamin, Davante Adams, Moncrief, Tyreek Hill
TE: Gronk

The second place team dropped Prior on his bye week. He's also a potential keeper. I'm leaning towards dumping Benjamin for him. Am I crazy?

E: maybe Watkins if he DNPs again?

Is there no keeper deadline? Because if there's something like you can't keep players that are added once playoffs start, I would just wait until like Sunday afternoon and drop Gurley

I think I'd rather have Pryor than Watkins anyway, so that's probably an easier drop

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Dec 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
So I have Jordan Reed and Tyler Eifert. Given Reed's situation I'm debating dropping him for Marquess Wilson.

Thoughts?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

So I have Jordan Reed and Tyler Eifert. Given Reed's situation I'm debating dropping him for Marquess Wilson.

Thoughts?

I'd do it in a heartbeat if I needed a reciever. I have a hard time believing in Reed playing 4 quarters even if I didn't have a good backup.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Spoeank posted:

Final Update

I'm dropping Bradford after tomorrow for Flacco. I dropped a lot of garbage depth that would never play for me that is already locked into my roster for next season because our keeper rosters locked at the trade deadline

He gets Brock, Siemian or Goff

Some idiot fucker dropped Manning for DGB so all this is for nothing.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Fantasy Football 2016: so all this is for nothing

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

As someone who's really not paid attention to the NFL much this season outside of looking at fantasy stats and reading everyone in here argue about Jared loving Cook...
My replacement choices for Reed are Henry, Gates, Brate, and Kendricks. Who the hell should I pick up?

\/\/\/\/\/
:mad:

sleepwalkers fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Dec 1, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
An accomplished mental health professional

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

sleepwalkers posted:

As someone who's really not paid attention to the NFL much this season outside of looking at fantasy stats and reading everyone in here argue about Jared loving Cook...
My replacement choices for Reed are Henry, Gates, Brate, and Kendricks. Who the hell should I pick up?

brate or gates; i like brate

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

sleepwalkers posted:

\/\/\/\/\/
:mad:

Brate or Kendricks.

Henry and Gates are both good but both on the same team and are going to boom or bust each other.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

The Zack posted:

Fantasy Football 2016: so all this is for nothing

Yup, that's next year's thread title right there.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I am facing a perfect storm of playoff seed manipulation temptation. I'm the #5, the #6 is almost certainly going to win and would leapfrog me to #5 if I lost, the #4 is awesome and is locked in as the #4, and the #3 sucks and is locked in as the #3. This is a test of character.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

coronaball posted:

I am facing a perfect storm of playoff seed manipulation temptation. I'm the #5, the #6 is almost certainly going to win and would leapfrog me to #5 if I lost, the #4 is awesome and is locked in as the #4, and the #3 sucks and is locked in as the #3. This is a test of character.

You'll do thie and get hlown out by #3.

Edit: the 3-9, 11th place team that has had the #1 waiver priority basically all year decided to pick Kaepernick up literally yesterday. gently caress that guy. Dudes made 41 transactions this season, wont sniff the playoffs, and is still going to pick up dudes probably all the way through the playoffs. Now I have to rely on Matt Stafford for the playoffs. Ughhh.

At least its not like this guy in another league who, as of today, has made an astounding 91 moves this season.

Santheb fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Dec 1, 2016

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
:siren:

More on Gronk from #NFL sources: Suffered a ruptured disk vs. #Seahawks, surgery in L.A. Expected to be out eight weeks.

:siren:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
here lies the gronk dynasty :rip:

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Traded Gronk and Snead for Mike Evans before the season in my main dynasty league fearing an increasingly injury-ridden career for Gronk.

Hate to see him out, but glad I dodged that bullet.

Great tweet summing up TE this year:

https://twitter.com/LordReebs/status/804393028135829504

darkforce898
Sep 11, 2007

Doltos posted:

You realize Hopkins has 600 yards on 100 targets right :psyduck:

Guys gonna get like 50 more targets in 4 weeks.

Hopkins is bottom five in Yards per Target (for receivers with over 35 targets)

code:
							Games	Games	Recv	Recv	Recv	Recv	Recv	Recv	Recv	Recv
Rk	Player		Year	Age	Draft	Tm	Lg	G	GS	Tgt	Rec	Yds	Y/R	TD	Y/G	Ctch%	Y/Tgt

1	Allen Robinson	2016	23	2-61	JAX	NFL	11	11	106	53	591	11.15	6	53.7	50.0%	5.58
2	Torrey Smith	2016	27	2-58	SFO	NFL	10	10	46	20	267	13.35	3	26.7	43.5%	5.80
3	Seth Roberts	2016	25		OAK	NFL	11	4	54	29	314	10.83	5	28.5	53.7%	5.81
4	DeAndre Hopkins	2016	24	1-27	HOU	NFL	11	11	105	55	610	11.09	3	55.5	52.4%	5.81
5	Dorial Green-Be	2016	23	2-40	PHI	NFL	11	4	54	29	330	11.38	2	30.0	53.7%	6.11
6	Allen Hurns	2016	25		JAX	NFL	11	11	76	35	477	13.63	3	43.4	46.1%	6.28
7	Jermaine Kearse	2016	26		SEA	NFL	11	10	56	29	354	12.21	0	32.2	51.8%	6.32
8	Breshad Perrima	2016	23	1-26	BAL	NFL	11	1	45	21	294	14.00	2	26.7	46.7%	6.53
9	Jordan Howard	2016	22		CHI	NFL	10	8	37	22	242	11.00	1	24.2	59.5%	6.54
10	Kamar Aiken	2016	27		BAL	NFL	11	3	36	21	236	11.24	0	21.5	58.3%	6.56
But he is also 7th in targets.... So I guess he is good in PPR?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
"Man I know Mike Evans is the smarter play here but Gronk would be fun to have" - an idiot (me) in one league

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Santheb posted:

You'll do thie and get hlown out by #3.

Edit: the 3-9, 11th place team that has had the #1 waiver priority basically all year decided to pick Kaepernick up literally yesterday. gently caress that guy. Dudes made 41 transactions this season, wont sniff the playoffs, and is still going to pick up dudes probably all the way through the playoffs. Now I have to rely on Matt Stafford for the playoffs. Ughhh.

At least its not like this guy in another league who, as of today, has made an astounding 91 moves this season.

Hey F you man, if I wasn''t unlucky i''d be 9-4 and my 43 transactions would be fine. I'm gonna keep trying too!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Look at this disaster of a draft:

1.5- Hopkins (Terrible)
2.6- Charles (Dead)
3.5- Gronk (Dead)
4.6- Watkins (Dead/Terrible)
5.5- CJ Anderson (Dead)
6.6- Hyde :woop:
7.5- Ryan Mathews (Dead/Terrible)
8.6- John Brown (Terrible)
9.5- Manning (Terrible)
10.6- Snead (Terrible)
11.5- Powell (Terrible)
12.6- Rishard Matthews (Terrible)
13.5- Frank Gore :woop:
14.6- Michael Thomas (Terrible)
15.5- Christine Michael (In purgatory)

The only players left on my team from the draft are: Hopkins and Hyde. I'm somehow 6-6 and can make the playoffs if I win this week. Luckily I'm playing the last place team! Fantasy football is weird.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

How is Michael Thomas terrible? He's been my most consistent WR on many teams over people like Fitz and Baldwin.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/LateRoundQB/status/804397063400280064

:eng99:

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

RCarr posted:

Look at this disaster of a draft:

1.5- Hopkins (Terrible)
2.6- Charles (Dead)
3.5- Gronk (Dead)
4.6- Watkins (Dead/Terrible)
5.5- CJ Anderson (Dead)
6.6- Hyde :woop:
7.5- Ryan Mathews (Dead/Terrible)
8.6- John Brown (Terrible)
9.5- Manning (Terrible)
10.6- Snead (Terrible)
11.5- Powell (Terrible)
12.6- Rishard Matthews (Terrible)
13.5- Frank Gore :woop:
14.6- Michael Thomas (Terrible)
15.5- Christine Michael (In purgatory)

The only players left on my team from the draft are: Hopkins and Hyde. I'm somehow 6-6 and can make the playoffs if I win this week. Luckily I'm playing the last place team! Fantasy football is weird.

This is bad. But Snead/Rishard/Michael Thomas are not terrible.

Thomas has been insanely good.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

darkforce898 posted:

Hopkins is bottom five in Yards per Target (for receivers with over 35 targets)

But he is also 7th in targets.... So I guess he is good in PPR?

He's below Sterling Shepard in PPR with 79 points.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

RBX posted:

He's below Sterling Shepard in PPR with 79 points.

Hopkins has 134 points in my PPR league. Shepard has 123.8

Also, Santheb, I have absolutely no issues with eliminated teams making moves. Inactive managers are the worst and I respect people that keep playing even if they've been mathematically eliminated. Sorry he took your player - but you've had weeks to grab Kaep if you really wanted him.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Just grabbed Bennett off the waiver wire to supplement CJ on my roster. Let's go playoffs!

-scores 85 points in first round-

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

Also, Santheb, I have absolutely no issues with eliminated teams making moves. Inactive managers are the worst and I respect people that keep playing even if they've been mathematically eliminated. Sorry he took your player - but you've had weeks to grab Kaep if you really wanted him.

The only moves I don't like eliminated teams making are dropping their best players for garbo waiver adds. We dont use a "Can't Cut List"

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I love when I see someone out of the playoffs making moves until the bitter end. Few things worse than hoping for an upset in a game you care about where the other guy isn't even trying.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

This is bad. But Snead/Rishard/Michael Thomas are not terrible.

Thomas has been insanely good.

I should have extrapolated...

I traded Snead and Gore for Josh Gordon in the early weeks :lol:, and I dropped Thomas and Matthews in the first few weeks before they did anything of value.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

The only moves I don't like eliminated teams making are dropping their best players for garbo waiver adds. We dont use a "Can't Cut List"

Yeah this is obviously a problem. I just mean players in good faith trying to win every week, even if they have nothing to play for.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Gobias Ind. posted:

Yeha you're my NFL didn't update right.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Gobias Ind. posted:

Even beyond that, I have issues with eliminated teams failing to make moves. You play to win every week, whether you're 0-12 or 12-0. It's as much loving with things to fail to make moves when you're eliminated as it is to make moves, as either way you'll be affecting teams still in it. Teams still to play you shouldn't get an easier win just because you're eliminated.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I'm 4-8 in a 12 team main money league and am drat sure playing to keep the 7-5 guy out of the playoffs

Spite feels good man

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

Even beyond that, I have issues with eliminated teams failing to make moves. You play to win every week, whether you're 0-12 or 12-0. It's as much loving with things to fail to make moves when you're eliminated as it is to make moves, as either way you'll be affecting teams still in it. Teams still to play you shouldn't get an easier win just because you're eliminated.

Bang on.

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

I'm 4-8 in a 12 team main money league and am drat sure playing to keep the 7-5 guy out of the playoffs

Spite feels good man

:hfive:

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

This is exactly why I feel like weekly bonuses are great incentive. Weeks 8, 10, and 12 in my league give cash bonuses for things like having the highest scoring starter or having the largest winning score differential. People can play for some cash and try to minimize the damage to their buy-in even if they have no hope of the championship.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
With the HC and (I think) defensive play caller Zimmer out for the Vikings due to his eye falling off, does that bode well for Dez? I have him on my bench this week obviously defying DSYS.

I'm not really one to play the matchup, I play the player, so sitting Dez feels not good and also bad. However, I despise Thursday night games and got burned hard last Thursday.

With Dez out, my offense looks like this: Hilton, Marshall, Tyreek, Forte, Booker, Brady, and Brate.

Bench: Dez, Tyrell, Rawls, Lewis, Jennings, Stewart, and Walker(bye).

As an added bonus, my coworker is rolling Dez this week, the first week of his playoffs. He's got D.Murray and Walker, too! What league starts the playoffs with teams still on bye? Such lunacy!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Teeter posted:

This is exactly why I feel like weekly bonuses are great incentive. Weeks 8, 10, and 12 in my league give cash bonuses for things like having the highest scoring starter or having the largest winning score differential. People can play for some cash and try to minimize the damage to their buy-in even if they have no hope of the championship.

This is just goony nitpicking but those seem like weird bonuses. Here's some extra cash because you randomly got scheduled against a bad team back in August before anyone has drafted. Or your QB got to face the Browns this week.

We do weekly bonuses to the top overall score. Which I guess has its own "the rich get richer" issues when there's a couple teams head and shoulders better than everyone else, so the teams you're trying to keep interested have little chance of hitting it. In my work league the same guy has won it like 7 times :mad:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Tell me back at the draft that I would be dropping DeAndre Hopkins, Gronk, and Jamaal Charles by the time playoffs are in sight.

As the playoffs start getting blurrier in the distance..

The best part of Gronk dying is that at one point, I had Gronk, Jimmy Graham, and Delanie Walker (drafted Walker/Graham). But, I traded Jimmy Graham for Khalil Mack (not complaining). And traded Delanie Walker & Frank Gore for Doug Martin & Paul Poslunzky (complaining).

Now, I end up with exactly what I won the championship with last year as injuries decimated my team and took Eifert away from me at the time.

Zach Ertz.

89 fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Dec 1, 2016

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

^maybe not dropping but somehow acquiring and then trading absolutely because your goal year in and year out seems to be to own every player at one point in the year

Gobias Ind. posted:

Got fooled by Stafford again :(

Santheb fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Dec 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Santheb posted:

^maybe not dropping but somehow acquiring and then trading absolutely because your goal year in and year out seems to be to own every player at one point in the year

Lmao, loving this. 89 bro, you've shot yourself in the foot so many drat times.

• Locked thread