Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Hallelujah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Now they just need to stop calling it the All-Star Game and everything will be fixed.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Wow that's great. gently caress you Bud

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Oh sweet baby Satan spawn.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Also from that article:

quote:

In addition, players and management agreed the minimum stay on the disabled list will be reduced from 15 days to 10.

Now baseball is just imitating my OOTP settings :smug:

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

JosefStalinator posted:

Also from that article:

Now baseball is just imitating my OOTP settings :smug:

So the DH will be abolished next?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Yay

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Senf posted:

N: The A's revenue sharing is finally being phased out.

V: :unsmigghh:

I have to assume they promised the A's that MLB will make getting them a new ballpark priority one. You can't just take away that kind of money from a small market team.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Do you even remember what the reason for the strike was?

It always boils down to both sides want more money.

Always.

Also, it's about goddamn time they got rid of that stupid ASG rule.

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Dec 1, 2016

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

bad boy in the boy band posted:

It always boils down to both sides want more money.

Always.

Also, it's about goddamn time they got rid of that stupid ASG rule.

Did that rule actually have to be negotiated or could MLB have ditched it at any time?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sorry to interrupt CBA chat but voting is now open for the SAS Hall Of Fame 2017 ballot, thread is here! We broke 100 votes last year, would love to get even higher this year :)

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I'm glad they dumped the old alternating leagues system too and went with whichever pennant winner has the best regular season record. There's enough interleague play now where the team with the best record is probably the one that deserves home field.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
With the international bonus spending restrictions, could teams just up the actual salary they're offering kids rather than giving them a huge signing bonus?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Inspector_666 posted:

With the international bonus spending restrictions, could teams just up the actual salary they're offering kids rather than giving them a huge signing bonus?

Minor leaguers all have a fixed pay scale, iirc, so they'd either have to increase it or change how it works entirely.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

IcePhoenix posted:

Minor leaguers all have a fixed pay scale, iirc, so they'd either have to increase it or change how it works entirely.

Ah, I didn't realize there was a fixed scale, I thought it was just habit.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Players on the winning team of the ASG will get a cash bonus instead. That's probably a much better incentive for players than home field advantage in the WS.

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Dec 1, 2016

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

That is fantastic news about the ASG. Finally

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The taint of Bud Selig is finally being washed from baseball

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Paul Zuvella posted:

if you miss it, visit historic miller park, home of the bud selig experience interactive exhibit

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

tadashi posted:

I have to assume they promised the A's that MLB will make getting them a new ballpark priority one. You can't just take away that kind of money from a small market team.

Most likely something like that, yeah. The restructuring of the franchise makes it look like they're moving forward with plans, too, so hopefully they drop some concept art or something soon.

They've apparently been considering a downtown ballpark for a while now, but land is set up around there in a really, really strange way.

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

if you miss it, visit historic miller park, home of the bud selig experience interactive exhibit

I'm imaging this as exactly the Biff Tannen museum in evil 1985.

In the meantime great news Shoop-De-:woop:

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Paul Zuvella posted:

Enough about Bud Selig's taint

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

The left field bar ruled and I can't believe they removed it for that piece of poo poo experience.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Good lord just how bad was McCutchen in the field last year? I had no idea he'd fallen off that badly.....

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

bewbies posted:

Good lord just how bad was McCutchen in the field last year? I had no idea he'd fallen off that badly.....

Pretty bad

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Cutch was never a good fielder and he should have been moved to RF a long time ago since Marte would be much better at CF

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Look like Cutch to the Nats. If his hitting rebounds...good lord.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Thoughts from people less dumb than me. Seems pretty reasonable.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Dec 1, 2016

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Dexo posted:

Thoughts from people less dumb than me. Seems pretty reasonable.

Interesting. Was not expecting it to work like this at all. An Extra 4th round pick in baseball pretty much means is an extra 2$ scratch ticket, they probably could have just not given then anything.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Paul Zuvella posted:

Interesting. Was not expecting it to work like this at all. An Extra 4th round pick in baseball pretty much means is an extra 2$ scratch ticket, they probably could have just not given then anything.

It's sort of like leaving a small tip instead of no tip at a restaurant. The small tip seems like a bigger "gently caress you."

Also Jesus Christ Dexo, learn to use timg tags

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Jose Oquendo posted:

Look like Cutch to the Nats. If his hitting rebounds...good lord.

Curious what they do with Espinosa/Trea Turner if this happens. Espinosa could become an interesting trade chip, or they could even just non-tender him straight up.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

IcePhoenix posted:

It's sort of like leaving a small tip instead of no tip at a restaurant. The small tip seems like a bigger "gently caress you."

Also Jesus Christ Dexo, learn to use timg tags

Phone posting so I didn't know the size of it. I'll fix it sorry.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
So the draft pick is no longer taken away from the signing team? That's good.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Corey Kluber was a hell of a $2 scratch ticket.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Corey Kluber was a hell of a $2 scratch ticket.

I mean, yes there are a few that hit for like $10 grand so...that's sort of why the analogy is used.

And I totally understand, Dexo. Phones have absurd resolutions sometimes so it's hard to realize what something is gonna be posted at.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Can't bring myself to click it, but kinda want to know if she got a basket.

Edit - stupid mouse hovering over things. Yeah, I'm in some pinball related groups.

Tony Phillips fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Dec 1, 2016

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Mariners about to sign Marc Rzepczynski to a 2 year deal. He's a good LOOGY I guess?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

IcePhoenix posted:

I mean, yes there are a few that hit for like $10 grand so...that's sort of why the analogy is used.

And I totally understand, Dexo. Phones have absurd resolutions sometimes so it's hard to realize what something is gonna be posted at.

So how is it more insulting than no pick at all?

A 4th round pick is a not-insignificant amount of compensation.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Tony Phillips posted:

Can't bring myself to click it, but kinda want to know if she got a basket.

Edit - stupid mouse hovering over things. Yeah, I'm in some pinball related groups.

YEAH JEETS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
N: Today is Javy Baez's birthday.

V:

• Locked thread