Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Where is it from, anyway? I often wonder how it would be taken if I posted it on facebook with no context.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

How much does one need to know about Goku in order to successfully channel him while lifting? I'm hoping some room for imagination is actually a plus here

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

On the off-chance this isn't a troll, it's fantastic :allears:

quote:

I am one of the famed boogeymen known as an Incel. Involuntary Celibate if you aren't aware. I have seen a lot of jokes on SA and other places about my kind, and it pisses me off.

Being incel is not a choice, any more than you choose the color of your skin or your sexual orientation. In fact, it is even more of a burden because it is forced on you by society, not necessarily something hard coded in to your jeans.

I grew up being told that I would eventually meet a nice girl and fall in love. Ha ha ha. Love is just a chemical reaction in the brain triggered by pheromones and false memories implanted by commercials. I've been rejected by women countless times, and just realized how futile it is. Not a failing on my part, a failing on theirs. They can chase men their whole lives, complain about how lonely it is, and eventually end up in a sexless, lonely marriage with some "dude" who doesn't know a thing about her and 3 kids leeching off of her.

I still crave sex, but I have hentai for that. More things happen in that than in real life, and no worries about things like age of consent or refractory periods or accidental pregnancy.

My life has been directed towards better things, and instead of wasting money on dates and candies in the hope of having sex, I spend my money on myself and the pursuit of knowledge. For anyone readying a witty reply to this - how much did you spend on a wedding ring? Thousands of dollars right? I spent that much on my lego collection. Now who looks foolish? The guy who has some little trinket he doesn't even own (and loses if his wife gets fickle and leaves) or the guy with a whole world to explore and build as he sees fit?

Anonymous because as noted before, my kind of enlightenment is currently the SA boogeyman. Well ooga booga, realize that we incels are out there and we are going to change the world soon enough. We did just get a President elected, after all.

quote:

this isn't really a scandalous secret but it's not something I want to discuss with anyone in my life so I'm putting it here. This has been the year of me drinking too much too often and also being a huge jerk when drunk. I feel awful about it afterwards but it feels so good in the moment and things really suck at work right now so it's been my escape. But because I'm lovely and out of control with it, I've pissed off my fiance a number of times. On Saturday night we had a rough discussion about the fact that I still struggle with depression and would rather drink than deal with it and it ended with him taking all the liquor in the house and hiding it. I haven't looked for it. I think I know where it is but the feelings of shame and guilt are overpowering. Things are fine between us now but this guilt and anger is tearing me apart inside. I know I deserve it. I don't deserve him, I sometimes wonder why he stays with me. Most of all the pain makes me want to have a drink to dull all this anxiety and self-hatred

I don't have any exciting stories about my behavior, just poo poo like me drunkenly waking him up when I come to bed at midnight and he has an international conference call at 3 am. Or being an rear end in front of his friends. Anyways that's my boring confession. I'm trying to turn things around, actually cope with my depression and use all the tools I was given in counseling to stay on top of my mood and get a grip on my life. We're also going to do some couples' counseling before we get married so I want to work on my feelings of worthlessness in the relationship there. all this ugly drinking stuff has been an extra layer of poo poo for 2016 and part of why I even wrote this confession was as a promise to myself that I can be better than this. To myself and to my partner.

Tl;dr goon drunk so what

godspeed alkie goon, you can do it :patriot:

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

My Levi's are programmed for sex.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

guns for tits posted:

My Levi's are programmed for sex.

They just need some tight pants, really show off that rockin' hard bod I'm sure they've got.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
I spent like £300 on my wedding ring because I'm not a loving idiot :shrug: then again, I'm not a smelly social recluse that'll spend the rest of his life alone.

Enjoy your Lego.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I wear my dead grandfather's ring! It was the ultimate in saving on wedding costs. Take that incel.

Also, I'd like if the happily married Goku man got into a fight with the incel guy. It would be the incel saga of his life.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What the gently caress is an incel

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

quote:

Being incel is not a choice, any more than you choose the color of your skin or your sexual orientation.

Careful now.

Not putting any effort into forming close relationships and spending all your time knocking one out to anime and playing with Lego is definitely a choice you've made.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Haha I missed that, holy poo poo he thinks he has it as bad as black people

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

loquacius posted:

My life has been directed towards better things, and instead of wasting money on dates and candies in the hope of having sex, I spend my money on myself and the pursuit of knowledge. For anyone readying a witty reply to this - how much did you spend on a wedding ring? Thousands of dollars right? I spent that much on my lego collection. Now who looks foolish? The guy who has some little trinket he doesn't even own (and loses if his wife gets fickle and leaves) or the guy with a whole world to explore and build as he sees fit?

ah yes the pursuit of knowledge via lego sets. maybe you're just a dumb manbaby??? maybe that's why you created this facade, to pretend that it's not your fault you can't be in a relationship??? lol

we spent less than $20 combined on our rings

e: I enjoy how people can see past the bullshit re: weddings and love and stuff, like of course it's not like in the media, but they take it too far the other way and deny themselves the possibility of ever having a fulfilling relationship instead of a middle ground where you're happy with your partner AND you don't spend thousands of dollars???

snoo fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Dec 1, 2016

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

RCarr posted:

What the gently caress is an incel

It stands for "involuntary celibate", ie someone who gets laid so little that they build their entire identity around that

alphabettitouretti posted:

Careful now.

Not putting any effort into forming close relationships and spending all your time knocking one out to anime and playing with Lego is definitely a choice you've made.

He didn't CHOOSE to be the most objectively unpleasant person in existence

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

loquacius posted:

On the off-chance this isn't a troll, it's fantastic :allears:

that first one is definitely a troll

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Dammit "jeans" got me

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

quote:

Legos vs Wedding rings
The only thing i could think of.

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

free basket of chips posted:

Dammit "jeans" got me

Liquid was just upset that he got Big Boss's lovely hand me downs.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

It's almost certainly fake, no one could be THAT pathetic right?

Nonetheless it's an amazing confession

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

The incel one is funny because it has the same odds of being.
1. Real goon
2. Troll goon
3. Copy paste from Reddit with some SA flair at the end.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Dec 1, 2016

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

Lots of sadbrain goon confessions so let's mix things up with a different mental problem: I suffer from the compulsive disorder trichotillomania. I can't stop myself from pulling hair out and leaving bald patches. It's gotten pretty bad the last year or two for some reason and I've had a few comments from other people, which I brushed off with excuses. Really should go to therapy but it's extra embarrassing because I'm a grown, nearly middle aged, man and this is something that most often afflicts teenage girls.

think it's time to go skinhead, bro, can't pull hair if there's no hair to pull

quote:

I was visiting my parents for a few weeks and now I opened up to my mom I'm pansexual and she spit out homophobic, right wing lies at me and told me to leave. Should I still talk to her?

My instinctive reaction is "wait and see if she calms down, maybe she'll talk to Jesus and he'll tell her to chill the gently caress out" but I'm a straight dude with non-crazy parents so that's Easy For Me To Say

Like, don't still talk to her if all she's saying back is "you're going to burn in hell and you deserve it", I guess, make a couple token efforts and if she doesn't chill her pill it's kind of on her from there on out

thomawesome
Jul 19, 2009
One of my exes had trichotillomania, so she shaved her head. All that meant was that she pulled out my hair instead.

She's medicated and seeing therapists because it's a huge sign of OCD. So definitely, go see a therapist for it.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
what is the diff between pansexual and bi?

uhh, asking for a friend...

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

I knew a guy with that who pulled out his eyebrows consistently instead of his hair.

He looked surprised all the time. It was entertaining until I discovered it was a disorder.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Nooner posted:

bi is:
"I'll gently caress anything"
"okay"

pan is:
"I'll gently caress anything"
"okay"
"No, you don't understand. ANYTHING."

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

They're both functionally equivalent 99% of the time depending on your social scene, but basically pansexual means "bisexual and I'm also cool with loving non-gender-binary people"

Imaduck
Apr 16, 2007

the magnetorotational instability turns me on
Look up some of the things Dan Savage has said about coming out to your family. In general, his advice is that yeah, your family is going to freak out at first, and you need to let them know that's okay and that they can safely ask you questions and come to terms with that... for a period of time (he usually says one year). After they've been given enough time though, they need to shut the gently caress up and get over it.

If they're being abusive and lovely every time you talk to them, you have no obligation to keep interacting with your family.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
who needs family when I have my nakama

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
nongenderbinary lmao this generation really needs a loving slap in the god drat face.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Soooooo, bisexual?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Nooner posted:

Bi is like "I'll sleep with men and women"

Pansexual is like "uh, actually gender isn't binary and also fluid and attractions aren't limited to the ones that you define, and furthermore,

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
so pan is just a bi millenial. check.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Nuts and Gum posted:

nongenderbinary lmao this generation really needs a loving slap in the god drat face.

Don't worry, spiteful idiots have been doing that with finances since before we were born

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Nooner posted:

so pan is just a bi millenial. check.

Yes, and if they ever mention being pan do a 360 and moonwalk out of there without engaging.

Eikre
May 2, 2009
Can anybody show me an example of a bisexual person anywhere on earth who is not down for loving androgynes? Can anybody point to even a single bisexual person anywhere in the history of man who, in the face of a rakish twink or pixie chick, gets all pedantic and goes, like, "exCUSE me, I said bi sexual, it is Latin for twice sexual, and I have used up all those sexual. Man or woman, that's it. Just the two. Can't have any kind of short-haired vaginahaver or a freak who has neither chest hair nor big swinging titties. It just wouldn't add up. I cannot transpose any individual trait or or collection thereof from one gender configuration to the other and still deal with it, that would be more than two possibilities! It is simple math and logic."

Nah, man. "Pansexual" doesn't have anything to do with gender orientation, it actually means "My crippling lack of nuance has made me so socially desperate that I will gently caress you even if you are an agendered blob whose most apparent sexual characteristic is a growth of fruiting bodies."

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Eikre posted:

Can anybody show me an example of a bisexual person anywhere on earth who is not down for loving androgynes? Can anybody point to even a single bisexual person anywhere in the history of man who, in the face of a rakish twink or pixie chick, gets all pedantic and goes, like, "exCUSE me, I said bi sexual, it is Latin for twice sexual, and I have used up all those sexual. Man or woman, that's it. Just the two. Can't have any kind of short-haired vaginahaver or a freak who has neither chest hair nor big swinging titties. It just wouldn't add up. I cannot transpose any individual trait or or collection thereof from one gender configuration to the other and still deal with it, that would be more than two possibilities! It is simple math and logic."

Nah, man. "Pansexual" doesn't have anything to do with gender orientation, it actually means "My crippling lack of nuance has made me so socially desperate that I will gently caress you even if you are an agendered blob whose most apparent sexual characteristic is a growth of fruiting bodies."

I don't think this is true

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Goddammit pansexual goon do you see what you have done

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

I like incel goon's subtle insinuation that half the population of the rust belt is 35 year old virgins.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

If incel goon was just pansexual half of these problems would be solved, obviously.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

I like incel goon's subtle insinuation that half the population of the rust belt is 35 year old virgins.

I appreciate Donald Trump; our first Incel president

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
i'm so confused can't we just put our dick where it feels nice to put it? maybe move it in and out a little?

why does it have to be labelled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

How long ago did Incel release the Pentium 3? That thing played Wing Commander 3 gooooood!