Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

MMD3 posted:

is there a way to get the regalia back to it's original black color? I sure as hell can't find it in customization if so.

Re-select whatever color you currently have picked. If nothing is checked off in a category it'll go back to default.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

RCarr posted:

So should I just give up on my DLC Roadtrip code working at this point?

Which one? The numbered code from Amazon or the 3 you get from finishing the "mini games"?

The former, contact Amazon. The latter, Square, there's a link on the Road Trip page to Square's support portal.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

MMD3 posted:

is there a way to get the regalia back to it's original black color? I sure as hell can't find it in customization if so.

Make sure you take off any full body decals.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

nachos posted:

Whoever had the idea to make old FF soundtracks part of the car rides is a god drat genius. Also the picture taking.

:yeah:

Is there a way to go through the music list more quickly? skipping disks instead of 1 song at a time.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

ImpAtom posted:

I have to admit I genuinely don't know who would be like "Final Fantasy 4/5/6 have great stories but FF9? THAT has a terrible nonsensical story!"

Tactics and XII are so much better than any other FF game that it's almost comical

Also I thought everybody else loved FFVI, there's the ~opera scene~ and Kefka is a compelling villain by virtue of [reason], I thought me not really liking VI was contrarian and edgey or whatever

Anyway IX is bad and X is meh, that is how I feel about Finals Fantasy

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Is there a way to go through the music list more quickly? skipping disks instead of 1 song at a time.

Hold left or right on the d-pad to change discs.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Hold left/right instead of tapping to advance an entire album

e;fb

Serf
May 5, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Hold the D-Pad button down I think

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Which one? The numbered code from Amazon or the 3 you get from finishing the "mini games"?

The former, contact Amazon. The latter, Square, there's a link on the Road Trip page to Square's support portal.

The former. I got the code from Amazon, but the website doesn't let me log in or even create an account, so I can't even get to where I can enter the code.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

The Chairman posted:

Re-select whatever color you currently have picked. If nothing is checked off in a category it'll go back to default.

I think there's also a button that says "Default"

My Regalia started in the Leviathan color from the deluxe edition or pre-order or whatever, I forgot, so I had to change it to default myself

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

RCarr posted:

The former. I got the code from Amazon, but the website doesn't let me log in or even create an account, so I can't even get to where I can enter the code.

I'm unaware of Square disabling the site. Same thing on another browser? Contact Square.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Hold left or right on the d-pad to change discs.

guts and bolts posted:

Hold left/right instead of tapping to advance an entire album

e;fb

:tipshat:

Now to enjoy more classic tunes

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin

ImpAtom posted:

I have to admit I genuinely don't know who would be like "Final Fantasy 4/5/6 have great stories but FF9? THAT has a terrible nonsensical story!"

Yo. I will gladly state the truth. Any where, any time.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

guts and bolts posted:

Tactics and XII are so much better than any other FF game that it's almost comical

Also I thought everybody else loved FFVI, there's the ~opera scene~ and Kefka is a compelling villain by virtue of [reason], I thought me not really liking VI was contrarian and edgey or whatever

Anyway IX is bad and X is meh, that is how I feel about Finals Fantasy

XII was the best-presented of the games but its actual plot was insubstantial as a puff of smoke.

Looking back, FFX had by far the most coherent, thoughtful, and developed script in the series, but the presentation (amateurish voice acting, that bizarre neo-Caribbean aesthetic) made it kind of hard to focus.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Oxxidation posted:

XII was the best-presented of the games but its actual plot was insubstantial as a puff of smoke.

Looking back, FFX had by far the most coherent, thoughtful, and developed script in the series, but the presentation (amateurish voice acting, that bizarre neo-Caribbean aesthetic) made it kind of hard to focus.

FFX's island aesthetic was entirely perfect for a game set entirely on not-pacific islands

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Vagrant Story is the best Final Fantasy videogame.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Xenogears is the best Final Fantasy game smdh

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Mystic Quest is the best Final Fantasy videogame

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Oxxidation posted:

XII was the best-presented of the games but its actual plot was insubstantial as a puff of smoke. Star Wars.

Fixed.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Here's a cool trick: toss an ice spell in the middle of your fight as it ends and watch as you and your bros look like you're fresh off a bukkake party!

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Here's a cool trick: toss an ice spell in the middle of your fight as it ends and watch as you and your bros look like you're fresh off a bukkake party!

I'm still in the give my party seizures from misplaced thunder magic phase.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So how do I get a chocobo dlc and outfit dlc now?

Edit: also leviathan dlc

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

8-bit Miniboss posted:

At the end of Chapter 1 I'd just fired off a Thunder spell so Noctis and friends received the news of the King's death with charred faces and flattened hair. Spoiled the moment a bit.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I haven't even messed with magic other than ice because I'm too busy teleporting around and using team up attacks and oh poo poo now I have a gun you're all in for it now.

Hoekie
Apr 22, 2010
Do all royal arms take a bit of your health away when you land a hit on an enemy?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Serf posted:

Xenogearsblade is the best Final Fantasy game smdh

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Tactics has the best story and best gameplay of any of them.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

ImpAtom posted:

Haha, no it isn't.

Because the game is designed with the bulk of your experience coming from either quest rewards or big boss fights, they had to design the game around the curve of a regular EXP gain. However they give you multiple ways to increase your experience gain by 150% or more. The experience you gain from doing sidequests is so high that you end up trivially overleveled for everything just by playing the game and camping so Ignis can make sammiches. If you actually take the time to backtrack to places that give you boosted experience you're leveling way faster than that. The end result is that doing sidequest makes it very likely you're going to start oneshotting what should be fun or interesting bosses.

I mean they are literally adding some sort of level cap to the game in a future free DLC. They know this is an issue.

So don't min/max your rest areas so much if you're starting to get overpowered? :v: You can see what level things expect you to be. If you're behind, rest and do more side-quests. If you're ahead, do some more main quests. You're not expected to do every single side-quest in one single playthrough. If you do and then you get overleveled and you don't like that, well, sorry, but at least you can choose to stop spending money to get XP bonuses if you don't need them.

I've managed to keep my level about at the level of the stuff I'm fighting, and I'm just using a mix of resting and camping as is natural and doing lots of side-quests but not all of them.

Oxxidation posted:

Ignis' warnings seem unfounded until your car comes to a screeching halt because there's an animate 30-ton suit of armor grown fat with malevolent spirits blocking the road.

Yeah, but they should really shut up after you've told them "I know, its cool" a couple times. Gets kinda annoying having Iggy constantly complain when you're just driving 10 feet back to the nearest rest area and you know what you're doing.

Hoekie posted:

Do all royal arms take a bit of your health away when you land a hit on an enemy?

Yeah I think that's their deal.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Dec 1, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

So don't min/max your rest areas so much if you're starting to get overpowered? :v: You can see what level things expect you to be. If you're behind, rest and do more side-quests. If you're ahead, do some more main quests. You're not expected to do every single side-quest in one single playthrough. If you do and then you get overleveled and you don't like that, well, sorry, but at least you can choose to stop spending money to get XP bonuses if you don't need them.

I've managed to keep my level about at the level of the stuff I'm fighting, and I'm just using a mix of resting and camping as is natural and doing lots of side-quests but not all of them.

Telling people not to engage with game mechanics generally isn't a good answer. They didn't do a good job with the leveling system for this game to be honest. It's one of the flaws but it's also apparently a flaw they're correcting so it's all good.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Im watching some WWE wrestler play this game. Im still not sure Im sold on the full transition to ARPG. :(

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

ImpAtom posted:

Telling people not to engage with game mechanics generally isn't a good answer. They didn't do a good job with the leveling system for this game to be honest. It's one of the flaws but it's also apparently a flaw they're correcting so it's all good.

You can't cook meals with Iggy if you're staying at a rest area, right? Seems like good advise to me :cheeky: Save your money for elixirs and phoenix downs and better weapons and let Iggy learn new recepays!

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Oneshotting bosses? :v: finished the game at lv44, it was more like most bosses and optionals and minibosses the past few chapters were oneshotting me and my guys if I slipped off the square button for a moment.

LawfulWaffle posted:

In other coin news, don't sell your Oracle Ascension Commemoration coins or whatever they are called. Those are, apparently, important for the end game.
Not that I noticed in any part anywhere, no.

Hoekie posted:

This is wrecking my mind. I easily lose 1500+ damage doing it with a certain axe, even if it's a regular non-spiky enemy busy tanking Gladio with no attention paid my way.

Empress Brosephine posted:

this game is fun but its structured weirdly; i can'[t tell if im supposed to just do the main quest or get all these random treasure chests etc
Do non-main quest stuff until you want to move on, but don't feel forced to grind.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Dec 1, 2016

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this game is fun but its structured weirdly; i can'[t tell if im supposed to just do the main quest or get all these random treasure chests etc

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Furnaceface posted:

Im watching some WWE wrestler play this game. Im still not sure Im sold on the full transition to ARPG. :(

If you're talking about Xavier Woods, it's OK. He's a FF fan.

The open world conundrum. There's a quest to be done and stakes are on the line, but man, I gotta fish...

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Augus posted:

New Game+, "Level cap creation" (for low level runs I guess?), and a boss battle with Yosuke Matsuda due to be added as DLC by the end of the year
http://gematsu.com/2016/12/final-fantasy-xv-yosuke-matsuda-boss-battle-planned-downloadable-content

That boss battle was amazing.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

8-bit Miniboss posted:

He's also generally not very good at video games. Also I think he still calls himself Austin Creed on UUDD.

Furnaceface posted:

He is actually pretty entertaining

This is also incredibly true and pretty much makes up for being bad.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

8-bit Miniboss posted:

That appears to be the guy yeah. He is actually pretty entertaining even if Im not too thrilled with the game.

He is also mocking Dark Souls right now so I like him even more.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think the cloud guy starting whistling the victory theme and thats when i fell in love

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

i think the cloud guy starting whistling the victory theme and thats when i fell in love

Wait till you get to the Chocobos. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Furnaceface posted:

That appears to be the guy yeah. He is actually pretty entertaining even if Im not too thrilled with the game.

He is also mocking Dark Souls right now so I like him even more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGrxMpJSKtY

• Locked thread