Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Zaid kind of looks like a douche but from memory he was being fairly careful to make sure Allison was ok with having sex which puts him a long way ahead of most her current team when it comes to seeking permission for whatever it is they want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.

Captain Oblivious posted:

There's a strong possibility Allison isn't into dudes at all and was just bowing to social pressure, especially in the context of the prototype of Kill Six Billion Demons.

I don't think there is any evidence that she was bowing to societal pressures to be straight, just to lose her virginity.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Benson Cunningham posted:

I don't think there is any evidence that she was bowing to societal pressures to be straight, just to lose her virginity.

There isn't, no, not as yet. But given how the prototype comic played it, it could very easily go in that direction.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

There isn't, no, not as yet. But given how the prototype comic played it, it could very easily go in that direction.

Is that comic available to read anywhere?

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

There was a lot of subtext in the way she was acting that heavily implies she is a friend of Dorothy.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Is that comic available to read anywhere?
It was on the MSPA forums. (Rest in loving pieces, you will not be missed.)

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Still waiting for Operant to get on that Jojo's part 5 train. The posing and the outfits (dear God the outfits) go completely off the wall

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Zoolooman posted:

Love that power is glowing between her bandages. She's a badass.

i just reread the whole thing and the juxtaposition between Allison during the trip to Hell 71 and post-visit to Mottom's Palace is really cool

e. also lol at Cio standing on tip-toe to compensate for Allison looming over her

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

There's a strong possibility Allison isn't into dudes at all and was just bowing to social pressure, especially in the context of the prototype of Kill Six Billion Demons.

As someone who hasn't read any of the prototype, I'd be interested in hearing more about this.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
You remember that part of Eminem's Just Lose It?

Now I'm gonna make you dance / It's your chance / Yeah boy shake that rear end / Oops I mean girl / Girl girl girl

It's very much like that.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

Who What Now posted:

I'd say she's definitely being a dick, but it's understandable and justified.
You all have a weird way of spelling "totally loving awesome."

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Somebody forgot how the story of Yis and Un went. Bangin' is v important.
Yeah, but it was post-fight sex, that just reinforces my point

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

would that also involve allison walking around in a bikini?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Yeah but the old comic was pretty silly and heavy on the cheesecake, while new K6BD is more serious. I feel like old Allison was lesbian simply because girl-on-girl titillated the audience.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

SunAndSpring posted:

Yeah but the old comic was pretty silly and heavy on the cheesecake, while new K6BD is more serious. I feel like old Allison was lesbian simply because girl-on-girl titillated the audience.
Probably true, but it seems like a lot of elements included for that sort of reason in the old comic are being revamped and given a serious exploration in the new comic.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Webcomic law requires female protagonists to be either lesbian, bi-and-nympho, or asexual/straight-but-forever-virginal.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

We're not reading CTRL+ALT+DEL.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Zaid was coming on a little uncomfortably hard in the comic's opening pages. Didn't really come across as the foundation for a healthy relationship. The eye-roll that accompanied the 'if you want to stop we can' line was particularly douchey, as was 'you're pretty hot when you're freaking out'.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Zaid is, canonically, kind of a creep

Zooloo
Mar 30, 2003

just wanted to make you something beautiful
Not just saying this to be contrarian. I think Allison is gay and Cio will be her girl, and if you don't agree, did you see Cio's fanfic? Have you wondered why Cio thinks a boyfriend makes for a bad story? :P

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

ElMaligno posted:

She is not being a dick.

This poo poo is even worse than magic scissors.

There isn't an objective measure of dickishness, dude. Calm down.

Comrade Gorbash posted:

You all have a weird way of spelling "totally loving awesome."

Those two things aren't mutually exclusive.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Darth Walrus posted:

Zaid was coming on a little uncomfortably hard in the comic's opening pages. Didn't really come across as the foundation for a healthy relationship. The eye-roll that accompanied the 'if you want to stop we can' line was particularly douchey, as was 'you're pretty hot when you're freaking out'.

Like, points for trying to say the right things, but that mos' def' does not hit my standards for enthusiastic consent.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
That's pretty clearly the point, ya.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Zaid is a dildo and Allison used to suck before she became the queen of everything.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
I hope we see her roommates sometime later in the comic

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Jackard posted:

"Allison what happened to your hair?
Later...
"Allison what happened to your eye?"
Still later...
"Allison could you warn us next time you plan on using the principles of Royalty to divide creation and bestride the world after 2am? Also weren't you supposed to have moved out by now?"

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

I mean, if she owns all of creation later, technically that means that's her house.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

I mean, if she owns all of creation later, technically that means that's her house.

Not even Royalty can void the terms of a rental lease.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Later nothing, technically she owns all of creation now. All she needs to do is claim that poo poo and murder some demiurges.

Jackard posted:

I want to see that one roommate's reaction when she learns that Allison did indeed go to Narnia, but it turned out that Aslan was dead and someone murdered the children.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

the future is WOW posted:

Later nothing, technically she owns all of creation now. All she needs to do is claim that poo poo and murder some demiurges.

We don't quite know the particulars of whatever contracts the old demiurges made, but more than a metaphysical ownership, Allison might have a legitimate legal claim to owning all of creation that the Concordance of Angels (and maybe whatever passes as a government among devils?) would recognize.

I doubt that'd actually help her tremendously, because the Concordance seems more interested in keeping peace than actually fulfilling their oaths, but it is something to keep in mind.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
I was always under the impression that the demiurges made contracts among themselves. The concordance of angels just did their best to keep the peace with diminishing resources regardless of who was in charge (their compact was with the original inheritors, so I don't think it matters to them who that is) and the Devils just do whatever. Zoss split by the time the seven finished out their war, so he (and by extension Allison) owes them all of jack and poo poo. Same with the concordance. Especially the concordance, since they were vengefully plotting his downfall (as well as Allison's).

I don't think legal issues are much of a concern when you have the master key, you just cut creation as you see fit.

E: ha, never mind, I thought you were saying she might have to honor contracts with the above named parties. Anyway, I doubt the concordance would recognize her ownership of anything since the #1 angel thinks she is the wrong person.

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Dec 2, 2016

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
possession is ten tenths of the law

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

I want to see that one roommate's reaction when she learns that Allison did indeed go to Narnia, but it turned out that Aslan was dead and someone murdered the children.
"And yes it's a loving Bindi!"

Arrived early to a Christmas dinner so went shopping and found a copy of the trade paperback. It's glorious; I'm delighted to have it, and may have sold extra copies when doing my victory dance

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

E: ha, never mind, I thought you were saying she might have to honor contracts with the above named parties. Anyway, I doubt the concordance would recognize her ownership of anything since the #1 angel thinks she is the wrong person.

If she walked up to Michael with the key in her forehead and proclaimed herself King of Everything in front of him, he (and the concordance) might not have a choice except to recognize her as the rightful heir to the kingdom.

Now, Michael would almost certainly kill her anyways and go on to set up her boyfriend as the King, but the very act of killing someone they might be sworn to uphold would likely have severe repercussions for them. White Chain's armor cracked when she told a lie, what would happen if an angel committed treason?

Granted, this is all speculation on my part. We don't know what kind of contract the demiurges made with the concordance. However, it's plausible that Allison might have some leverage.

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010

whowhatwhere posted:

As someone who hasn't read any of the prototype, I'd be interested in hearing more about this.

So I only read it once, and it was quite a while ago, but I'll give it my best.

Prototype Allison was very repressed. Not just about sexuality, but about basically everything about herself. She was smart, and she was playing the part of the dumb sorority sister. You still see echos of that personality in current Allison, things like how her friend said she didn't know where the old kind of pudgy girl who really liked sailor moon went, possibly getting lost on her way to the gym. You also see it in her blonde hair dye. The whole of Mottom's backstory is also an echo of this. "The jewel must glimmer."

Back to prototype Allison though. So, the MSPA comic was basically a forum game. Operant would draw and write an update, and solicit responses, and good ones would be used to lead the comic along. You'd get the peanut gallery saying things how hot the girls are and that Allison should kiss them, and people people playing with the dumb sorority sister conceit saying how books are dumb, and how boys are hot, and Allison's monologue would pipe up with things like boys are super hot and I totally have tons of sex, and books are dumb and I'm totally not a virgin and of course my sisters are hot, they're my sorority sisters and we're all hot as little throwaway lines. People noticed pretty early just how forced Allison's inner dialog was, and continued to needle her with lesbian comments (and books and boys etc). The very beginning of the comic has her poolside with a philosophy book hidden in a Cosmo knockoff.

Anyway, fast forward to very near the end, and she's in a battle with a powerful demon, and is mostly being controlled by a magic parasite that's giving her tons of power. The parasite is needling her with similar comments to the forum posters to keep her under control, but Allison snaps out of it, seizes control of this power and shouts "I AM NOT A LESBIAN!" before collapsing.

I think it was the only time she even says the word lesbian, the rest of the time is just more like, I totally like guys, and other deflections. (There might have been trailing off with the word half said, or in subscript.)

SunAndSpring posted:

I'm sure that's why it was first suggested, but repression was basically the theme of the prototype, and it fit really well into Allison's character.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Schwarzwald posted:

If she walked up to Michael with the key in her forehead and proclaimed herself King of Everything in front of him, he (and the concordance) might not have a choice except to recognize her as the rightful heir to the kingdom.

Now, Michael would almost certainly kill her anyways and go on to set up her boyfriend as the King, but the very act of killing someone they might be sworn to uphold would likely have severe repercussions for them. White Chain's armor cracked when she told a lie, what would happen if an angel committed treason?

Granted, this is all speculation on my part. We don't know what kind of contract the demiurges made with the concordance. However, it's plausible that Allison might have some leverage.

Yeah fair enough, I see where you're coming from. I was just never under the impression that the concordance were sworn to uphold anybody, especially since they had no say in who the rulers are; they pretty much just went about keeping the peace since that's the extent of their agreement with the original inheritors. So there probably wouldn't be any repercussions for killing her and installing Zaid, much like there weren't any real repercussions for 6 Juggs killing Zoss. Well, I mean no repercussions other 2 Michael saying "goddamnit man, you hosed up the whole plan!" and the whole clusterfuck of succession that's going on now.

E:

Bilirubin posted:

"And yes it's a loving Bindi!"

"Yes it's a loving bindi, let me show you what it can do!"
*grabs bitchy roommate and shows her the shape of creation; roommate promptly loses her poo poo and spends the rest of her life babbling incoherently*

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Dec 2, 2016

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

The Angels really only care about the Old Law anyways.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

The children murdered Aslan for power, them fought amongst themselves.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

nimby posted:

The children murdered Aslan for power, them fought amongst themselves.

It's all that prick Eustace's fault honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Susan will trade her key for makeup and boys and be much happier for it