Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

PaybackJack posted:

I'd shoot for 2 Aegis Shields, but I also don't know what other good shields are coming down the pipeline. You'd want one for your Tank for sure, then another for your breaker. Unless you're really tight on space, I wouldn't get rid of them.

Metal King Shield if we get the DQMSL event (which I doubt will happen as the game never went outside of Japan and SEA).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
This is by far the hardest I've ever been hit on turn 1:

Got lucky with the first turn in round 2 and managed to beat them.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Aegis shield is a very good shield, but I can't see needing more than one. You're going to have dual wielders and people using other shields to cover elemental weaknesses

One for your tank and one for your healer.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

dangerous.hotdog posted:

This is by far the hardest I've ever been hit on turn 1:

Got lucky with the first turn in round 2 and managed to beat them.

You havent run into the Rain trap then with 4x Lightning casting at least triple Heat Blitz on your all mage chaining team.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Do upgrade pots persist after an awakening, or should I sit on them till I have 6* dudes?

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Mile'ionaha posted:

One for your tank and one for your healer.

If your healer is Refia, she doesn't need Aegis, give her the fat chocobo Force Shield instead. She's already immune to petrify.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Vax posted:

You havent run into the Rain trap then with 4x Lightning casting at least triple Heat Blitz on your all mage chaining team.

Jesus. Did anyone on your team survive?

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Jesus. Did anyone on your team survive?

Nope. If I run into quad Lightning or just any whale team like double Light double Luneth and or mix in a Elza and the AI goes first it's usually gg for me.

But I dont care about winstreaks to much just farming the medals and staying above 30k.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Shark Tower posted:

Also saw this cool team while I was out there riding dirty.

I have all the units to make either of those teams, but currently lack the motivation to grind out the experience needed to get all to 6* level 100.

Maybe once we get another event with easy access to 6* upgrade materials.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
It doesnt make any sense to run a trap guy in your lead because as far as I know you dont see how many people you trap so no satisfaction you successfully trapped someone.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Chen Kenichi posted:

It doesnt make any sense to run a trap guy in your lead because as far as I know you dont see how many people you trap so no satisfaction you successfully trapped someone.

I really wish it showed how many games you've won/lost as a defender (and maybe replays? Maybe that's too much). It's still a competitive thing after all so the more people you can cockblock from winning, the better your relative position will be.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Shark Tower posted:

Also saw this cool team while I was out there riding dirty.

Too much Ex-Death on the Dance floor

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Two sounds like a good number of Aegis shields, thanks. I have Charlotte, and Vaan/Ingus can be a breaker.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Fisting Tent posted:

Too much wood on this party.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Fisting Tent posted:

It ain't no good if there's too much wood

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
Rank 105 Lightning? I'm feeling lucky, lets take em on.

:stare:
That's 5 Light's Blessing (Auto-Brave TM).

Fortunately I got first strike, lets see how it plays out.

Even the mightiest of whales falls to RNG. :smug:

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Every single banner

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

You are history's greatest monster.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

:drat:

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

hey girl you up posted:

Do upgrade pots persist after an awakening, or should I sit on them till I have 6* dudes?

I assumed this was the case, then realized it would be such a dick move to have them reset that now I'm concerned about burning pots on my new Exdeath :ohdear:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So I finally just gave up and burned tickets until I got an exdeath and in the process got another bartz and another shantotto. How many loving MAG+30% should I have? Because I have 5 shantotto now.

EDIT vvv Nox is still running fine for me :shrug:

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Dec 1, 2016

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

MACRO TALK

I'm running Meme, fully up-to-date, and it used to run for days, no problem.

NOT ANY MORE!

Now it runs ~5 minutes and then Exvius crashes to tablet-top. Pretty reliably.

TM-grinding, Exploration-grinding, it's all out.

I've already tried increasing the ram available to Memu, no dice. What's going on?

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
It's a known issue with the latest FFBE client (people are thinking it's a memory issue).

There are macros that can self-recover from app crashes. I use this guy's macros and his TM macro has run continuously for days, even with crashes.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I went to fight a rank 55 arena team that had a 1.5 ratio because the rank seems to determine the quality of their units. It turns out that you can have a 6* Luneth, Cecil, Lightning, Exdeath, CoD and be rank 55. That sucked. Almost wiped turn one with my lightning petrified and my Exdeath was silenced so I had no chance.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Vax posted:

I have. Having Exdeaths with 4.2-4.5k HP and probably 250-300 defense means those blitzes don't hit too badly unless the lightnings are sporting solid gear, and if Cecil guards someone they're guaranteed to survive (and two exdeaths will easily wipe out 4 lightnings). Even then it's not as bad as getting hit by 2 aoes and a dual wielding CoD's barrage since the CoD's going to be hitting for 999 much easier. After this week ends the risk will get higher, especially since XIII is likely to have the realm bonus, but right now with FF5 realm bonus Exdeath is one tanky bastard and I rarely see Lightnings hit for 999 without weakness bonus (which is frequent, loving excaliburs :argh:).

My current 90ish winstreak started befor 6* exdeath came out and was due to a whale team going first and simply focus-firing Tellah and an Exdeath, which made it impossible for me to take out anyone on their team on my turn since they got to go first in round 2 as well and Refia+Cecil spamming curaja = nope.

Now it doesn't matter because unless the other team goes first and can drop over 4k damage on 3+ targets in a single round, or somehow mass silence my team, I win.

Joke's on you for when Sabin's revealed as the first 7* unit and Bum Rush is 500% damage move that hits 20 times and can use weapon elements.

:smith:

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

dangerous.hotdog posted:

It's a known issue with the latest FFBE client (people are thinking it's a memory issue).

There are macros that can self-recover from app crashes. I use this guy's macros and his TM macro has run continuously for days, even with crashes.

Yeah, since the mission update, i think, this has been happening for me too. The "Ultimate TM" macros both seem to do fine at automatically recovering if you put Exvius in the center spot of your screen and clear everything else off to a corner folder. I tried using Nox before this with an AHK script that would start the game back up if it crashed, but at least for me Nox itself freezes after a while so that didn't really work as a substitute. I think Memu has crashed completely once so far over the last couple weeks

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

How many of my 8 Exdeaths should I keep? No TM macroing.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
And one more thing to add to Macro Chat:

With the latest version of MEmu (2.9.1), the app seems to take down the instance with it when it crashes. I rolled back to MEmu 2.8.6 and when FFBE crashes, the instance of MEmu stays alive.

2.8.6 download link: http://www.memuplay.com/blog/index.php/2016/05/20/release-archive/

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i just pulled my first chiz and first xiao in the same 11. they were two of the 10 or so non 5* base chars i don't have.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Chiz is gonna be dope af again in a few weeks. Congrats on the Chiz.

edit: Looks like someone hit Claim All :(

big cummers ONLY posted:

How many of my 8 Exdeaths should I keep? No TM macroing.

4 for Arena should be enough. 5 if you ever want to run a full Exdeath arena team for some reason.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Oh god that 270/94 stamina :ohdear:

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

So, I've only been doing daily pulls since about the last ffiv banner. It looks like I'll get to the Orlando banner with about 55-60 tickets and 10k lapis. Let's see how this poo poo goes lol.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Aegis shield is a very good shield, but I can't see needing more than one. You're going to have dual wielders and people using other shields to cover elemental weaknesses

im not sure i believe you about having dual wielders

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Uh, apparently infinite orbs are back and the arena is making GBS threads out lapis for every win? lol

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Dec 2, 2016

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Uh, apparently infinite orbs are back and the arena is making GBS threads out lapis for every win? lol

I don't have infinite orbs :(

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i dont either but the lapis part is right

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Ah, whoops. Sorry for the mis-information.

I wonder if wins beyond #5 still give lapis. If so, you could refresh indefinitely.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

after getting 100 free lapis i decided i could afford to half price pull (im down to 1500 lapis oh god) and i got Exdeath #5. like i'm never going to need a 5 Exdeath team am i? i mean realistically four + a focus user seems better than five??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Lol 5 times in the arena equals 100 Lapis. Wash rinse and recharge.

All aboard the arena coaster again!

• Locked thread