Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Honestly I hope Flash and Legends of Tomorrow crossover. It makes the most sense, and LOT will be moving to Tuesdays at 9pm starting after the break so they could easily do a one night two-hour special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Do a gif of the camera spinning around Diggle and Arrow like 40 or 50 loving times. I thought I was tripping my balls off during that shot.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
Kara and Barry's scene just reminded me that in a perfect world they would just be on the same show.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I like the way they've chunked out different threats/crises to deal with each episode, I think it's been pretty clever.

I think the Arrow episode would have been better if there was more of a split between who was in each different group, like have more of the non-Arrow Legends or a Flash person just hanging out in the Matrix. Since it really felt like Flash and Supergirl guest starring in the B-plot of an Arrow episode, and it would be neat to see more of the characters interacting in fun ways (like Mick and Kara, or Dig and everyone). But I didn't realize it was the 100th episode, and in that context it was a really clever way to do an alt-reality reunion for the Legends cast-offs and recap some series highlights.

But yeah the Flash episode was better since (nearly) everyone was involved, and the Legends episode should similarly be good for that reason, and because it will obviously be the climax and have super people fightin' aliens.

Spacebump posted:

I don't know how they will top this next year.

Having more stuff directly involving Supergirl's show will be a good start.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

ComposerGuy posted:

Kara and Barry's scene just reminded me that in a perfect world they would just be on the same show.
They'll be having that musical crossover during the second half of the season!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ComposerGuy posted:

Let's not infect Supergirl with Barry bullshit.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aphrodite posted:

Let's not infect Supergirl with Barry bullshit.

"Kara, we can't tell Maggie that Alex is gay, it's just too dangerous"

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

lotus circle posted:

They'll be having that musical crossover during the second half of the season!

Yeah I'm actually more excited for that than the 4 show crossover to be honest.

Grant Gustin, Jesse L Martin, Melissa Benoist, Victor Garber, Jeremy Jordan, and Carlos Valdes is definitely the best lineup of any "regular" show that has attempted a musical episode, IMO

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Spacebump posted:

So far I think the Flash episode has been the best of the crossover. Legends is probably going to be fun. I wish all of these characters interacted more than once a year. I don't know how they will top this next year.

Legion of Doom

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Bad Moon posted:

Legion of Doom

That's the villains of Legends this year, actually.

Spoilers for things that haven't aired yet in Legends.
Eobard Thawne, Damien Dahrk, Malcolm Merlyn, and Leonard Snart

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

AbsolutelySane posted:

The problem is, if you want to get down to brass tacks, Thawne created gently caress-up Barry because he didn't like the previous, responsible version of Barry. Probably because Good Barry was always foiling his plans while not loving up the timeline. It's a shame we never got to meet Good Barry.

Either that or we were saved from Adult Barry Allen Who Makes Calculated Decisions instead.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I'm still amazed that Legends is really good now that they got rid of the worst characters and basically gave up any pretense that the plot is supposed to be taken seriously. :shobon:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Man you're just striking out in here.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

Sue me.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Done, you now owe me 40mil

I'd like it in bitcoin please

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Fuckin Trump Riot posted:

Done, you now owe me 40mil

I'd like it in bitcoin please

Sorry dude the only currency that I trade in is beers at goonmeets.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I enjoyed this part of the crossover but was somewhat distracted by how aggressively I hate Legends of Tomorrow and resent its very existence.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

MiddleOne posted:

Sorry dude the only currency that I trade in is beers at goonmeets.

Ew, who would want to meet a goon :whitewater:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Guy A. Person posted:

Ew, who would want to meet a goon :whitewater:

Someone who likes insider trading... :tinfoil:

There are definitely worse people to drink with.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Aphrodite posted:

He's right about Legends as long as he's not including Snart as the worst if so :argh:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Bad Moon posted:

He's right about Legends as long as he's not including Snart as the worst if so :argh:

This is the most true thing spoken this page.

Slowpoke Rodriguez
Jun 20, 2009
From a few episodes ago, but...

Iris: "Don't train Wally, he's not ready"

Do you no understand what words mean Iris? how are you a reporter? Did Barry use flash powers to kill the potential reporters who knew what words mean?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Snart is the price we had to pay to be rid of Hunter and the dumbpair.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

MiddleOne posted:

Snart is the price we had to pay to be rid of Hunter and the dumbpair.

I think Hunter would have benefitted from the looser tone as Capt ::ughh:: trying to ride herd on this delightful cavalcade of fuckups

Somebody has to be the straightman and The Brit fits

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

Slowpoke Rodriguez posted:

From a few episodes ago, but...

Iris: "Don't train Wally, he's not ready"

Do you no understand what words mean Iris? how are you a reporter? Did Barry use flash powers to kill the potential reporters who knew what words mean?

Thawne/Wells killed the one good reporter that Central City had back in Season 1, remember?

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Guy Goodbody posted:

"Kara, we can't tell Maggie that Alex is gay, it's just too dangerous"

I think Maggie would figure it out at this point.

Definitely, the "don't let Wally be Kid Flash" tension is the current shittiest thing happening on this show. "These demon-aliens are going to destroy the world. Don't let Wally help he could die!" Bitch, so could everyone. At least he has super-speed...anyone who isn't Kara, Barry, or Firestorm is just a regular goddamn person. They could really die.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the Cisco thing is definitely worse than the Kid Flash thing, but they're almost even. like, they took the most fun character on the show and are making him overly melodramatic for no reason at all

my god, they're pulling a Felicity

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Honestly after last night's ep I am feeling a little better about it since we still get a jokey Cisco, just not when Barry's around. They just need more scenes of him being goofy and funny with the other cast in addition to him being pissy with Barry. Instead of just non-stop mopage.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Carlosologist posted:

the Cisco thing is definitely worse than the Kid Flash thing, but they're almost even. like, they took the most fun character on the show and are making him overly melodramatic for no reason at all

my god, they're pulling a Felicity

Well, there is a "good reason", but they didn't have to create that reason at all. They could've changed something less dramatic.

Personally I wouldn't be so worried about time travel, it's not like these people ever knew a different life. Nothing changed for them, they just know that things could have been different.... which is the exact state everyone is constantly in even when time travel isn't involved.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Man Kid Flash is such a bad name. I think Flash has some of the worst hero/villain names.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Invalid Validation posted:

Man Kid Flash is such a bad name. I think Flash has some of the worst hero/villain names.

You're bad at opinions. The Flash is almost universally considered to have the second best collection of villains in all of comics.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Guy A. Person posted:

Honestly after last night's ep I am feeling a little better about it since we still get a jokey Cisco, just not when Barry's around. They just need more scenes of him being goofy and funny with the other cast in addition to him being pissy with Barry. Instead of just non-stop mopage.

Yeah that's been pretty funny. He's intentionally putting on a sulky face around Barry.

Too bad outside of crossovers we won't see him away from Barry.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
"Don't you remember? Rip Hunter recruited us to be Legends!" is still the single worst line in the entire Arrowverse so far so "Best! Team-up! Ever!" will have to settle for runner-up.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Rhyno posted:

You're bad at opinions. The Flash is almost universally considered to have the second best collection of villains in all of comics.

Just the names, man.

Captain Cold and Mirror Master might be well-regarded characters, but those names are dumb as poo poo.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Spacebump posted:

So far I think the Flash episode has been the best of the crossover. Legends is probably going to be fun. I wish all of these characters interacted more than once a year. I don't know how they will top this next year.

Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xealot posted:

Just the names, man.

Captain Cold and Mirror Master might be well-regarded characters, but those names are dumb as poo poo.

Your face is a dumb name!

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Your face is a dumb name!

Actually Your Face is a rad name for a villain that steals people's faces

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Guy A. Person posted:

Actually Your Face is a rad name for a villain that steals people's faces

pfft better than Clayface?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

nooneofconsequence posted:

pfft better than Clayface?

N-no :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Them ganging up on this one sort-of super-powered woman was a bit over the top, but it was pretty awesome.

ComposerGuy posted:

I was thinking the same exact thing. They are so good together.

• Locked thread