Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Batman so focused on his villains doesn't notice Alfred's slow motion dog attack :(

I mean it's been going on for two months now, once Bruce gets a spare minute he'll just pick up Ace and move him across the room and Alfred will be fine for the next few years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
So if you like funny panels, I recently started posting some 4koma in the Comic Strip Megathread.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I don't like funny panels. That's why I keep posting The Flintstones.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Teenage Fansub posted:

I don't like funny panels. That's why I keep posting The Flintstones.

An accurate post.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

NA#18

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
I like the way Warlock thinks.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Not that any of the X-Men are dressed for a funeral, but Magma definitely takes it up a notch.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Lobok posted:

Not that any of the X-Men are dressed for a funeral, but Magma definitely takes it up a notch.

They have different cultural standards in Nova Roma.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Did coming back from the dead age Doug like 20 years or something? Because drat he looks haggard.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
If I ask for the context for that page, would the answer make it less funny?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Lobok posted:

Nah, it's acceptable. Her Magma powers fused her breasts into a mono-boob. No cleavage here!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lobok posted:

Roberto would have wanted her to show off the goods.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Gaz-L posted:

Roberto would have wanted her to show off the goods.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Slashrat posted:

Also what is NA an abbreviation for if someone actually wanted to look it up?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Current New Avengers.

e: Cancelled New Avengers, I guess.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Dec 1, 2016

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Are the New Mutants in NA? I dropped that series a while ago.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

IUG posted:

Are the New Mutants in NA? I dropped that series a while ago.

Warlock was a recurring character, the rest only showed up for the final issue.
And shame on you for dropping it.

SilverSupernova fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Dec 1, 2016

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Slashrat posted:

New Avengers #18 (2016). The whole issue is pretty funny, and paves the way for U.S.Avengers. It even has flying cake and Squirrel Girl's supporting cast.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Sunspot is basically a combination of Tony Stark and Nick Fury at this point, only he's actually good at his job.

Astribulus
Apr 20, 2004
That's the second largest duck I've ever had in my pants. - Guybrush Threepwood

Slashrat posted:

Not sure how much context you're looking for. At the high level, Roberto da Costa (Sunspot) bought out AIM to turn its super science to heroic purposes in New Avengers. Thus both AIM and his New Mutants teammates showed up for the funeral.

The second panel is in direct reference to New Mutants #64. That issue takes place immediately after the death of Doug Ramsey (Cypher, the one commenting about "The first New Mutant to die"). Warlock, being a techno-organic alien who is still getting used to life on earth, doesn't really understand how death works for humans. He's desperate to try to fix his friend, culminating in stealing Doug's body. He wears Doug around taking him to the people and places he cares about in a terrible, innocent attempt to convince Doug to come back. It's heartbreakingly tragic, and its nice that Warlock can joke about it in retrospect.

Obligatory Jay & Miles link for New Mutants #64: http://www.xplainthexmen.com/2016/01/91-the-saddest-story-ever-told/

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Astribulus posted:

The second panel is in direct reference to New Mutants #64. That issue takes place immediately after the death of Doug Ramsey (Cypher, the one commenting about "The first New Mutant to die"). Warlock, being a techno-organic alien who is still getting used to life on earth, doesn't really understand how death works for humans. He's desperate to try to fix his friend, culminating in stealing Doug's body. He wears Doug around taking him to the people and places he cares about in a terrible, innocent attempt to convince Doug to come back. It's heartbreakingly tragic, and its nice that Warlock can joke about it in retrospect.

Obligatory Jay & Miles link for New Mutants #64: http://www.xplainthexmen.com/2016/01/91-the-saddest-story-ever-told/

Thanks for this. I had assumed Warlock's comment was a reference to how Bobby wore him as battle armor in the previous issues.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
They're making a graphic novel based on the podcast "The Adventure Zone" and the preview is already funny as hell.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Gann Jerrod posted:

They're making a graphic novel based on the podcast "The Adventure Zone" and the preview is already funny as hell.

I'm legit excited about this.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Gann Jerrod posted:

Is the "joke" that last panel proving that the artist has heard of the concept of a bow and arrow but never seen one?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

PJOmega posted:

Is the "joke" that last panel proving that the artist has heard of the concept of a bow and arrow but never seen one?

Maybe it's a magic bow that doesn't require a string.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

PJOmega posted:

Well, he is level one...

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gann Jerrod posted:

Is this the Squirrel Girl artist? I ask not just because of the faces, but also because of the unwillingness to draw backgrounds in half the panels.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

I love that TIM showed up. Was that introduced somewhere other than Mockingbird?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Is this the Squirrel Girl artist?
It is not. That's Carey Pietsch, SQ is Erica Henderson.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I mean, a lvl 1 can be taken out by an angry house cat,

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Awesome timing. I just started listening to Adventure Zone recently. I hope they do more after the Gerblins arc. It gets way better.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Johnny Aztec posted:

I mean, a lvl 1 can be taken out by an angry house cat,

A level one commoner

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Gann Jerrod posted:

I'm not trying to be sarcastic or anything, I legit do not get the joke someone please explain

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

AnonSpore posted:

I'm not trying to be sarcastic or anything, I legit do not get the joke someone please explain

there really isn't much of a joke, it's just "remember 3.5e D&D, where you weren't actually a cool strong action hero for the first X levels? haha yeah, same, gamer". the art is nice though.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

AnonSpore posted:

"Dumb assholes bickering like idiots". Congratulations, you now know the joke to all 50-odd episodes of the podcast. Enjoy.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Countblanc posted:

there really isn't much of a joke, it's just "remember 3.5e D&D, where you weren't actually a cool strong action hero for the first X levels? haha yeah, same, gamer". the art is nice though.

The script is almost word-for-word from a popular podcast where three brothers and their dad play D&D. I'm pretty sure they play whatever the current version of D&D is, not 3.5.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
5th edition. And it's not much different that 3.5 except bards can do tiny bits of damage with spells and casters don't need to prepare every individual casting of magic missile.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
More amusing butt troubles from Deadly Class (#24).

Or should I say Deadly rear end?

I'm still a bit on the fence with the new GLA but I enjoyed these bits of dialogue from #2.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na4GYyJwYjQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Current New Avengers.

e: Cancelled New Avengers, I guess.

But don't worry...

I had no interest in USAvengers until I saw Red (White and Blue) Hulk kicking rear end on that cover.