Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
Yeah, you got all the good stuff except for that. At this point, it's best to just wait until the next time it shows up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Zell BSB is extremely loving cool + good. Thanks for reading, and God Bless.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

My only III synergy is Lust Dagger and Elder Staff, so I'm tempted to pull again on OK1, but I only have 75 mythril and I also really want to make sure I have enough for a pull on the fest banner, XIV, XIII, and that nutso mage Nightmare banner that comes after it, so I probably shouldn't pull here. Way too many absurd banners all grouped together.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Only a bit over 50 mythril and I'm tempted to go for OK's banner 1 again but I've already ended up with luneth's dagger and 2 of arc's robes so if I want OK's BSB I guess I'll just use one of the multiple RWs with it and keep saving for disappointment from FF14 and/or FFT.

Friggin Firepants
Jul 11, 2006

My god, these friggin firepants.

I'm pretty happy with that. Now to level Squall and Zell!

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

there was a mean thing here before, but now there is a dog
Huh, I'd heard Mythril Clips were removed from the normal Gatcha.

(also that is one nuts draw)

Orfeo
Nov 27, 2007

Ectobiology sure does involve a lot of button pushing.
I... I have a confession to make, goons. I drunkenly whaled on OK1 over Thanksgiving. I didn't even get the bracers. :negative:

How do I atone?

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Flagellation

Friggin Firepants
Jul 11, 2006

SageAcrin posted:

Huh, I'd heard Mythril Clips were removed from the normal Gatcha.

(also that is one nuts draw)

It's my first OSB, and now I have an excuse to make Full Charge and actually use Fires Within. I just need a Red Armlet to set Zell up even more.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Luckily enough, the keepers choice volume 2 has a red armlet you can 100% get your hands on for the low, low price of 50 mythril :v:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Orfeo posted:

I... I have a confession to make, goons. I drunkenly whaled on OK1 over Thanksgiving. I didn't even get the bracers. :negative:

How do I atone?

You atone by getting those bracers. Whale on, friend. :unsmigghh:

Munoma
Jul 9, 2008

Friggin Firepants posted:

I'm pretty happy with that. Now to level Squall and Zell!

That is a super solid draw, congrats!

Friggin Firepants
Jul 11, 2006

Beasteh posted:

Luckily enough, the keepers choice volume 2 has a red armlet you can 100% get your hands on for the low, low price of 50 mythril :v:

Ugh, I know. I don't know if I can throw 50 mythril at that banner though, what with all the other big ones coming up soon.

Munoma posted:

That is a super solid draw, congrats!

That's probably the best draw I've ever had, to be honest. There went all my luck, haha.

Munoma
Jul 9, 2008

Friggin Firepants posted:

Ugh, I know. I don't know if I can throw 50 mythril at that banner though, what with all the other big ones coming up soon.

That's probably the best draw I've ever had, to be honest. There went all my luck, haha.

I had a draw for FFX that was Apocalypse, Force Knuckle, Hunters Blade.

Pulled again for another Force Knuckle. That was probably the best I did so far but fingers crossed. I've seen screens of people pulling a full eleven of five tiers and it makes me cry on the inside.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

You may regret this, and I may regret tipping you over to making a bad decision

I almost suffered heavily for my hubris and impatience. I got 1/11.

Operative word: almost. :vince:

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
Gonna take credit for that one.

Friggin Firepants
Jul 11, 2006

Munoma posted:

I had a draw for FFX that was Apocalypse, Force Knuckle, Hunters Blade.

Pulled again for another Force Knuckle. That was probably the best I did so far but fingers crossed. I've seen screens of people pulling a full eleven of five tiers and it makes me cry on the inside.

Jesus, the most I've pulled is 5 in one.

And my FFX synergy consists of a 6* Tidus armor, a shared medica staff, a dagger, and Tiny Bee (:suicide:)

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

OK burst is objectively the best BSB and I will be forever pissed that 250 mythril and an embarrassing amount of gems wasnt enough to make the game cough it up

loving gachas :argh:

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

Personally it helps me to think of this every time I think of gatchas.

I'm not entirely sure why. Maybe just the title. Or maybe the general rule at the bottom.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Beasteh posted:

OK burst is objectively the best BSB and I will be forever pissed that 250 mythril and an embarrassing amount of gems wasnt enough to make the game cough it up

loving gachas :argh:

It took me over 500 mythril to get Shout, IIRC.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Evil Fluffy posted:

It took me over 500 mythril to get Shout, IIRC.

At least you have a Platinum Sword. I've spent over 700 mythril on banners that have it featured or part of a lucky draw, and still don't have one. Some things just aren't meant to be.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

My vault and my inventory are full now. Are 3*s worth keeping around? I read somewhere that a 3*++ with synergy is slightly better than a 5* without, but it doesn't seem even remotely worth it to upgrade them when I could be upgrading real 5*s instead. Is it safe to sell all these 3*s I've been hoarding?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Benthalus posted:

At least you have a Platinum Sword. I've spent over 700 mythril on banners that have it featured or part of a lucky draw, and still don't have one. Some things just aren't meant to be.

my one claim to fame in this thread is from 100 mythril spent on the banner where it first showed up i got 4 platinum swords, plus ovelia's staff and a defender sword for agrias.

fingers crossed that lightning will strike the same place twice with orlandeau's banner

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Fister Roboto posted:

My vault and my inventory are full now. Are 3*s worth keeping around? I read somewhere that a 3*++ with synergy is slightly better than a 5* without, but it doesn't seem even remotely worth it to upgrade them when I could be upgrading real 5*s instead. Is it safe to sell all these 3*s I've been hoarding?
It's worth it to spend a couple mythril on vault slots, since you get 50 slots per mythril. Otherwise, it really depends on your synergy. I'm doing pretty well overall and have plenty of 5*s and 4*++s in most realms, so I sold all of the 3*s in those, but for realms like FF1 and FF2 where synergy is scarce, it's worth keeping them around.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Well, they said Ceodore wasn't coming to FFRK, and yet... here he is. Next JP event is FF4: The After Years.

Kain gets his alternate "Dragoon of Light" TAY/Dissidia look as a dress record.

Edit: Ceodore 1 is looking like a really solid physical banner. Kain's new lightning-elemental OSB, plus his BSB which gives Enlightning, plus his OSB gains in damage the more he jumps. Yang's got an earth BSB that grants enearth on use, Ceodore's got a Holy DPS/healing hybrid BSB on there and an SSB that grants Enholy .

Ceodore 2 isn't too bad, either. Paladin Cecil's OSB comes back around with Edge's water BSB and Cid's AoE Pentabreak. Porom gets a new BSB is similar to Penelo's, plus Palom gets a tri-element caster BSB. We don't know the commands for the twins just yet, though.

Varance fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Dec 2, 2016

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

Yeah, seconding the "buy a few slots"; The versatility from having a hundred extra vault slots is worth 2 Mythril in general.

Having said that, I feel like the 3* thing matters a lot more with armor than weapons-good realm specific armor is a lot harder to come by than weapons, and can be worth Dark Matter reforging for, I feel like. Also, anything with special traits, like the various 3* elemental rods(but not the elemental ... was it 13? 12? staves, as their Mag is hopeless...).

Munoma
Jul 9, 2008
Ahriman is kicking my rear end and I have no idea how to fight him.

Aside from a weapon I received recently and a white mage armor I'm pretty screwed in terms of synergy.

Should I wait and save up to do the Dr. Mog relic draw to grab another Scholar's Hat?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Munoma posted:

Ahriman is kicking my rear end and I have no idea how to fight him.

Aside from a weapon I received recently and a white mage armor I'm pretty screwed in terms of synergy.

Should I wait and save up to do the Dr. Mog relic draw to grab another Scholar's Hat?

Are you hitting him with Blind?

OK with SSB Blindga and Gust will Do Work; don't use him as a white Mage - his medica is percent HP based, and he's much more valuable on offense between soul breaks on this fight.

Also, I see you've got Tidus's apocalypse. That's a perfectly usable weapon in every realm without synergy, especially once you dump 20 Rosetta stones into it (do this do this do this), and give Tidus Sapphire Shot to keep his damage up when not OSBing. Throw in Quina's gold hairpin and Powerchain for extra hilarity.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Also, if you can't beat Ahriman now, you can just wait until after OSBfest/XIV, when you will have gotten at least one but more likely SEVERAL powerful SBs/BSBs but he will have not changed. Mote dungeons keep coming back every month while we keep power creepin' up.

Munoma
Jul 9, 2008

CaptainPsyko posted:

Are you hitting him with Blind?

OK with SSB Blindga and Gust will Do Work; don't use him as a white Mage - his medica is percent HP based, and he's much more valuable on offense between soul breaks on this fight.

Also, I see you've got Tidus's apocalypse. That's a perfectly usable weapon in every realm without synergy, especially once you dump 20 Rosetta stones into it (do this do this do this), and give Tidus Sapphire Shot to keep his damage up when not OSBing. Throw in Quina's gold hairpin and Powerchain for extra hilarity.

I only have about four or five Rosetta Stones, the last time I used the ones I gained was for Sephiroths One-Winged Angel.

Knowing I can blind him though should be enough to make the fight fair for me.

What other debuffs is he vulnerable to? I know he can be dismissed but that's about it.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
You can also poison that guy, which can help deal with his high HP.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

You can also poison that guy, which can help deal with his high HP.

Yeah, I did that and can confirm it's something like 5347 damage per tick. That's a lot of free damage just by bringing someone with Venom Buster.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Zurai posted:

As you say, Jecht isn't the final boss. That said, the most recent FF1 event in JP gave us Chaos, so exactly one game has had their actual factual final boss. There are several games which have seen their "final loseable boss" or "'real' last boss", but only FF1 so far has gotten the true final boss.

True enough, and even then they can still bring out the extra boss from the most recent remakes, Chronodia.

SageAcrin
Apr 23, 2014

Yeah, there's a ton of superboss content from across all the games that they're barely tapped.

I think the only final superboss they've used is the weird Heaven fragment Emperor from Dawn of Rebirth in that recent Emperor event for 2.

(They used Nemesis, but International had Penance for X.)

Friggin Firepants
Jul 11, 2006

Umm, good loving god Zell just melted Edea 120 difficulty with Full Charge. 28k damage a turn at level 60, and Fires Within was quad 9sx2. Yep, he's my new DPS for sure.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

A friend of mine getting into the game just now is looking at the FF3 banner and considering pulling on it, and I have to ask: does Onion Knight's MC3 ever get added to the hall of rites? He's useless without it and I don't think they have the hones/levels/MCs to clear the event and tackle through to the ++ stage right now. And I can't rightly suggest a friend pull on a banner where they might get two amazing SBs they can nonetheless never use because OK without minmaxing is garbage.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Fister Roboto posted:

3* equipment is used to shore up realm synergy. If you have enough 4 or 5*s in a realm, you don't need 3*s in that realm.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
So I guess trolling MP matches and casting sleep on healers and dismissal-ing OSB casts is a thing now.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

Yanno, I don't really have a horse in this race, in fact I wish my horse was lame and yours was Secretariat, but I kinda wanna bet you on that. :v:

I'm telling you guys, it'll have been off the market for almost a month when the festival starts, and people will have been using it as their RW and seeing it in multiplayer raids during that time so everyone knows how powerful it is. They don't want people not spending on one of their big quarterly events to just pull on the XIV banner, so they need to make the OSB festival banners competitive with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Yeah in JP this event and their Fest happened at the same time. Not so the case in Global. DeNA knows what people like, so there's no way the Onion Bracers aren't going to be on one of the Fest Banners.

• Locked thread