Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
Sorry guys, that isn't really the joke - I was just kidding!

Haha!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

FireWhizzle posted:

Sorry guys, that isn't really the joke - I was just kidding!

Haha!

Idgi, pls explain

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Let's all join MH on release guys!

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
i hear tootboots globby has some connects with some real chill bros

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Blazing Zero posted:

no...

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
Whens next beta start? I might play it if its fun but like this beta I'll pry just log on once and say gently caress it.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I don't think there is another beta.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live

Blazing Zero posted:

psh forge poo poo on that idea because he couldn't bare leaving behind yellow zones and i'm the bad guy?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
yellow zones should be removed from the game, so should horses and flee.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
imo, SI should be removed from the game.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Remove players from the game. Release these poor souls from their torment.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

2DCAT posted:

imo, SI should be removed from the game.

I told them today since they wanted to improve PvE as a result of the poll that you can't do that until you actually have a environment. Instead they just have computer generated squares with no feel of any world in existence.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

well on the bright side, crowfall just started selling shares of its company to players. maybe si could learn something from this

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
My first act once I get on the board of directors is going to be pushing for more gems and skeletal grinding. It's what the shareholders want.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

i see youve developed video games before

forge
Feb 26, 2006
lol

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Blazing Zero posted:

well on the bright side, crowfall just started selling shares of its company to players. maybe si could learn something from this

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

just reskin the whole game and rebrand it as something else... prob make more money that way

Come play Noibla Online!!!

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I"M TRIGGERED at the latest stupidity.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

forge posted:

what is it this time?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

what is it this time?

when is :si: not being stupid?

:iiam:

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

2DCAT posted:

My first act once I get on the board of directors is going to be pushing for more gems and skeletal grinding. It's what the shareholders want.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

Ruggan posted:

just reskin the whole game and rebrand it as something else... prob make more money that way

Come play Noibla Online!!!

Where do I put my 100 bux sounds amazing

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

forge posted:

but you said that they were gonna do a 180 anytime now :smugbert:

Shodai
Aug 18, 2006
When is this game going to be good?

forge
Feb 26, 2006
they did about 4 180s.. oh wait.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
After the weekend meeting with the Devs I am 80% less triggered. Some interesting things on the horizon.

Double Ultimate Final Beta ETA somewhere around Jan-March?

World changes will make griefing probability go through the roof in some areas. If you plan to play the game for the first or second week of the next beta it's likely to produce many tears, ours included for playing another beta.

Nothing else I can report atm.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

forge posted:

After the weekend meeting with the Devs I am 80% less triggered. Some interesting things on the horizon.

World changes will make griefing probability go through the roof in some areas. If you plan to play the game for the first or second week of the next beta it's likely to produce many tears, ours included for playing another beta.

Sandbox is going to make Albion great again? So FINAL beta wasn't the final beta?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

forge posted:

Yes, but will you please tell me if gems have finally been upgraded to their fullest potential? It's the reason that I and 99% of other players left.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
2dcat please see
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h0GRhIKgD8

pixaal posted:

Sandbox is going to make Albion great again? So FINAL beta wasn't the final beta?

It's still final beta in the sense that this next beta world will be completely wiped and there will be yet again 100% different stuff in every way while still being the same beta, for sure.

Honestly though the new biomes make this game look good. Visually the game has been completely transformed from alpha/beta 1/2. They are going to address unique stuff and add it into the game. The pvp was always fun imo so nothing really needs to change there. Last beta is basically recreate the world and does this world work?

I'm gonna go suggest they make a new version of gems for 2dcat.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

forge posted:

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

forge posted:

2dcat please see
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h0GRhIKgD8

It's still final beta in the sense that this next beta world will be completely wiped and there will be yet again 100% different stuff in every way while still being the same beta, for sure.

Honestly though the new biomes make this game look good. Visually the game has been completely transformed from alpha/beta 1/2. They are going to address unique stuff and add it into the game. The pvp was always fun imo so nothing really needs to change there. Last beta is basically recreate the world and does this world work?

I think they did a good thing trying to focus on core mechanics THEN cosmetics. That's where my praise ends though. I sincerely hope for more gems 2DCAT as well.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k
The only thing I remember about Vanguard saga of heroes is an NPC called gemrunner.* Brad mcquad knew what was up and what the masses wanted.

*this is an actual true statement about my memory of the game.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Brad's new game Pantheon will have 12 distinct levels of gemology for you 2DCAT.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

forge posted:

Brad's new game Pantheon will have 12 distinct levels of gemology for you 2DCAT.

mods, change my name to double b. diamond, tia.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

forge posted:

Fixed!

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

forge posted:

It's unclear to me if Black Diamond is actually better than Double R. Diamond. Does the Black Infinity bonus really outweight 2-3 Red Diamond Pool shares & a $500k rank bonus? I realize there's a higher Dream Car Allowance, but that's only $60k / year if you're maxing it exactly, and who is going to be able to do such a thing?

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I'm pretty sure this is the same chart that was used for sc and crowfall except its castles and spaceships respectively.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

Usenet Magic-User posted:

Whens next beta start? I might play it if its fun but like this beta I'll pry just log on once and say gently caress it.

forge posted:

I saw this coming 6 months ago, final beta heh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010
Christ, another beta? Really?

Been playing Shards Online instead. They've fixed the input lag and overall lag from months ago and it is now a perfectly playable early access game. It's well on the way to being the UO successor people wanted. Community has grown a lot too.

I spent all night finding macroers, opening portals on top of them, and sending them to my bind point in a dungeon to gently caress up their macroing. It was pretty drat funny. Felt like a real sandbox, not the "have fun with the game's permission" style gameplay of AO. The fun doubled when I figured out that opening another portal would teleport the macroer to wherever I was, because they would be standing in the exact place my portal opens to and all it takes to go through one is to be touching it.

So I began porting them outside of the guard zone and murdering them.

• Locked thread