Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Serf posted:

the idea of "oh no we could never to a violence against a nazi, because then we'd be nazis too" is deepy loving disturbing

yellow-bellied liberals not standing up for themselves ain't gonna go well

fret not then because those liberals are targets now too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

I'm kinda glad Mattis is SecDef :colbert:

I mean, yeah, it could have been Sessions and next thing you know he's sending in the army to lift the siege at Vicksburg

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

I'm kinda glad Mattis is SecDef :colbert:

It technically could be worse. Bolton would be worse, probably. Though Mattis does get us one step closer to unlocking the "2020 coup" special ending I think.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Serf posted:

I keep saying we need to track hate crimes in the wake of these rallies. the longer this victory tour goes on the more violence is gonna happen because Trumpists leave the arena feeling pumped and ready to bash some un-american types

https://thinkprogress.org/mapping-hate-in-trumps-america-9b166b2c52c2#.svy4xf1o4

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/PantsFreeZone/status/804521548149325824

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/fluff_weather/status/804211761226256384

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The marines would follow Mattis anywhere if he called for their support. Anywhere.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

has clinton fled the country out of shame yet

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

the old gods are dead, dethroned as billions watched

all that exists now is a forever bashed Nazi skull and the warm embrace of our dark lord Satan

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Lord of Pie posted:

Arkansas tends to send a lot of jobs to Jhyna too since we're the HQ of Walmart and all.

My job got outsourced, but joke's on them I got another free degree out of it and drew unemployment the whole time.

Thanks Obama.

Joke's on you it was from that Walton business school

gently caress XNA airport

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax

no kennedy, list is suspect

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
death is certain

inshallah

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Epic High Five posted:

all that exists now is a forever bashed Nazi skull and the warm embrace of our dark lord Satan

:agreed:

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

The marines would follow Mattis anywhere if he called for their support. Anywhere.

is this supposed to be a good thing?

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Regular Nintendo posted:

Joke's on you it was from that Walton business school

gently caress XNA airport

That airport exists to keep Alice Walton from driving. It has potentially saved billions of lives.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Vox Nihili posted:

Pretty much this

Karl Sharks posted:

Yes. You should learn from this.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

the old gods are dead, gently caress all previous gods, now we worship the big head in the sky

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

Karl Sharks posted:

depends on how much poo poo from Trump that Mattis feels like taking, I suppose

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Pretty much this

Is Mattis a good person who will mitigate the damage Trump will do to the country?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

what am i supposed to learn about a bunch of people programmed to kill and follow orders blindly following another man to war if he says "go?"

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Well What Now posted:

depends on how much poo poo from Trump that Mattis feels like taking, I suppose

i dont know much about mattis but he seems like the kind of guy who would take exactly 0 poo poo from trump

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

i dont know much about mattis but he seems like the kind of guy who would take exactly 0 poo poo from trump

he can also be fired tho

but nah trump doesn't like firing people, so he can push back all he wants, no biggie

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lol it's been a good run but the Marines will be their own undoing in the end, as they merrily go along with being turned into a modern SS and their name becomes a word of immense shame to future generations

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

Karl Sharks posted:

what am i supposed to learn about a bunch of people programmed to kill and follow orders blindly following another man to war if he says "go?"

just that if we get to the point where we have to Seven Days in May the Donald, Mattis will stand a better chance of actually pulling it off

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Karl Sharks posted:

God no, unless you implicitly trust that Mattis is especially incorrigible for some reason.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pollyanna posted:

lol

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Mad Dog's appointment will last approximately three minutes before he calls Trump a candy rear end draft dodger and gets fired

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Well What Now posted:

just that if we get to the point where we have to Seven Days in May the Donald, Mattis will stand a better chance of actually pulling it off

he won't last that long though

like guys trump basically picked him because of his nickname

the honeymoon period will wear off and if mattis doesn't do what trump wants whenever he decides to be the president for the day he'll get fired

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Karl Sharks posted:

Nah I'm talking about the way Mattis cares for his troops and his troops love him back.

After mission accomplishment, comes troop welfare. Mattis understands this well.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

mattis is going to get fired

or he might stage a coup, in which case, i take back all the shittalking i have ever made about marines

smemper fries

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Karl Sharks posted:

the old gods are dead, gently caress all previous gods, now we worship the big head in the sky

That is the sun my friend.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Lord of Pie posted:

Mad Dog's appointment will last approximately three minutes before he calls Trump a candy rear end draft dodger and gets fired

I hope this happens.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

God no, unless you implicitly trust that Mattis is especially incorrigible for some reason.

okay i couldn't tell what you were going for, and as you can see some do think it is actually a good thing that will matter

Lord of Pie posted:

i'd buy him a beer if he did that lol

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

redneck nazgul posted:

mattis is going to get fired

or he might stage a coup, in which case, i take back all the shittalking i have ever made about marines

smemper fries

Smeper fi

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

i have huge reservations about the military but i'd see mattis attempt a coup over trump, sure

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Brother Friendship posted:

That is the sun my friend.

Praise the sun

It kills us and sustains us and is utterly indifferent to all things

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Nah I'm talking about the way Mattis cares for his troops and his troops love him back.

After mission accomplishment, comes troop welfare. Mattis understands this well.

mattis isn't in charge of the VA tho

like if that's true, and from what i read he does seem to care about his marines, then idk i might prefer him as head of VA than DoD because he's a general/marine, not a bureaucrat

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

I don't want to see a military coup for either side, but perhaps I am the exception lmao.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Pollyanna posted:

Is Mattis a good person who will mitigate the damage Trump will do to the country?

He's already talked a lot of poo poo about Trumps stupid statements regarding muslims. He's smart enough to see that poo poo like that plays right into the enemy's hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

i wish more people called him the warrior monk instead of mad dog

that nickname is way cooler than some fuckin UFC sounding poo poo

• Locked thread