Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
joelmchalenfreuden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Ciaphas posted:

There was a cool German word for when you get really embarrassed/shamed/guilt-ridden for the actions of someone else even (especially) if they have nothing to do with you. Can't remember what it was but I feel that reaallllllyyy keenly so I won't be watching any game award nonsense

zuckerschnecke

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
tane

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Is there a thread for The Game Awards so I can join in laughing at it with other goons
just made one http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3800154

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Klaus Kinski posted:

its very funny to me that people in tyool 2016 still argue that the first few re games are good games.

no, they are one step above visual novel puzzlers, they barely have gameplay.

American releases of Japanese games being unbalanced to make them more difficult and punishing as a way of combating rentals by making it harder to play through them in a weekend is one of history's greatest injustices. I can't imagine how much less tedious the original RE would have been if it still had had auto-aim and more save ribbons and less punishing difficulty like the original JP release did.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/epyoncf/status/804482084702187520

Everyone, please go and download DoomRL while we still can - it's one of the best roguelikes out there, and captures Doom perfectly.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Doom, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, and ah yes, The Evil Within

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

StrixNebulosa posted:

Everyone, please go and download DoomRL while we still can - it's one of the best roguelikes out there, and captures Doom perfectly.

I guess Bethesda Legal wasn't too happy with how his Kickstarter for Jupiter Hell kept bringing up the fact it's a spiritual successor to DoomRL.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Zenimax I think the evil within is a great game but I really doubt anybody anywhere is going to willingly misuse the evil within's copyright

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

StrixNebulosa posted:

He can just name it BOOMRL and change some names of items and monsters if he wanted to keep it up.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I guess Bethesda Legal wasn't too happy with how his Kickstarter for Jupiter Hell kept bringing up the fact it's a spiritual successor to DoomRL.

Yeah, I imagine getting actually DOOM-connected people to promote it probably was the final straw.

Edit:
That said, taking down DoomRL with 11 days to go in the kickstarter probably assures the kickstarter's success on spitedollars.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Oddly enough I think Toby Fox would have been content if Nintendo had removed all evidence of his old rear end Earthbound Halloween Hack from the net if he had plastered the fact he created it all over his Kickstarter for Undertale.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Lmao Duke Nukem is in the bulletstorm remaster.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

I've given up on the game awards to install Resident Evil 4 instead and see what all of the fuss is about

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Mads Mikkelsen in Death Stranding.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

I've given up on the game awards to install Resident Evil 4 instead and see what all of the fuss is about

I go back to it maybe once every year or two and I'm always surprised at how good it is

e: i would give all my earthly possessions to be killed and eaten by mads mikkelsen

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Dec 2, 2016

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Congratulations to fighting game of the year Street Fighter V!

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
not sure if posted yet, but Undertale had a new album released in corroboration with the composer of the MGS series. its pretty fantastic smooth jazzy and I am literally nodding off typing this right now (may also be the alcohol)

https://scarletmoonrecords.bandcamp.com/album/prescription-for-sleep-undertale

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i'll keep coming

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Looks like Cerny worked on it so if you want to play the next Kojima thing, it's once again PlayStation or bust.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

oddium posted:

i'll keep coming

:eyepoop:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

how dare you

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Holy loving poo poo. Take. my. money.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Mads Mikkelsen is a beautiful beast, I can't wait to see what Kojima does with him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vwHATDeJhU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

oddium posted:

how dare you

I meant that in the best way. I am making GBS threads out of my eyeballs with excitement.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I'm sad that Nolan North is a scab :smith:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

I know that these questions can be answered with "just go with it", but uh - why would you send a special agent into a rescue mission with only a handgun and ten bullets?

And why can't he move when he's shooting? Even Harry Mason from Silent Hill could do that!

e: What the heck, why a typewriter for a save point? :psyduck:

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Dec 2, 2016

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

StrixNebulosa posted:

I know that these questions can be answered with "just go with it", but uh - why would you send a special agent into a rescue mission with only a handgun and ten bullets?

And why can't he move when he's shooting? Even Harry Mason from Silent Hill could do that!

All equipment is to be procured on-site, like in Metal Gear Solid. If the townies don't have guns then so be it Leon have fun being a pitchfork wielding spy

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

CJacobs posted:

All equipment is to be procured on-site, like in Metal Gear Solid. If the townies don't have guns then so be it Leon have fun being a pitchfork wielding spy

That would actually be kind of cool - the only pitchfork weapon I know of in games is in the Dark Souls 1 DLC.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

StrixNebulosa posted:

their chopper went down in the intro right?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

their chopper went down in the intro right?

No no we're here to rescue the president's daughter, I came in via jeep!

fake edit: Just found a corpse in a dress pinned to the wall with an axe and Leon's all "guess there's no sex discrimination here" and i

what

this game is great for all the wrong reasons so far :allears:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

StrixNebulosa posted:

That would actually be kind of cool - the only pitchfork weapon I know of in games is in the Dark Souls 1 DLC.

Look at this bozo, never played Blood :mmmhmm:

(Also the four-pronged plow showed up again in DS3 [inexplicably, with 5 prongs])

Olive! fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Dec 2, 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oh i thought you meant RE1

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

StrixNebulosa posted:

Remember this was the transition from fixed camera pre-rendered background RE to modern TPS RE. The game was designed with your inability to strafe in mind!

the typewriters are a legacy thing

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Skeezy posted:

Mads Mikkelsen in Death Stranding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5ZgaD7Y-jM

:parrot: Hannibal Lecter is gonna gently caress some poo poo up.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

(Also the four-pronged plow showed up again in DS3 [inexplicably, with 5 prongs])

I'll check that out, haha - thanks!

Looper posted:

Remember this was the transition from fixed camera pre-rendered background RE to modern TPS RE. The game was designed with your inability to strafe in mind!

the typewriters are a legacy thing

A dude ambushed me in a shack, I already hate the tank controls - but at least I know where the quick-turn button is, and I've figured out how to open my menu and apply healing items.

This game is pretty cool so far.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

StrixNebulosa posted:

I'll check that out, haha - thanks!

A dude ambushed me in a shack, I already hate the tank controls - but at least I know where the quick-turn button is, and I've figured out how to open my menu and apply healing items.

This game is pretty cool so far.

set the controls to be only on the left stick with movement switching to aiming when you draw your gun. i was having a hard time with it until i did it and then it became really good feeling and natural. it does not play well imo as a 2 stick game.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
RE4 is the last RE game you can play with a controller because after that the controller setup becomes abysmal, so enjoy it.

edit: Or do what I did and play RE4 with mouse/keyboard, which is nice because you're not locked into an arbitrary turn/aim speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

Time to track down a copy of Bloo-

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

dammit

• Locked thread