Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

The Titanic posted:

What the hell is this thing??? :stare:

Glad I'm not the only person to have that exact same thought :roflolmao:

Taxxe;

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

The Titanic posted:

That game it's playing is star citizen.

Saladin Rising
Nov 12, 2016

When there is no real hope we must
mint our own. If the coin be
counterfeit it may still be passed.

Lots of bunnies a few pages ago, but I did not see the best bunny picture.

So there it is, the best bunny picture.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Wrecked Angle posted:

Awww gently caress, I've just realised that's a right hand.

The system is broken.

Sorry ladies, you're on your own.

Just reverse the instructions. The hand that makes the L is NOT the Left hand. Easy peasy lemon squeezie <he says after having to test it out with his IRL hands>

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

The Titanic posted:

Literally gasped IRL when I expanded the image. talk about poor life choices.

Raskolnikov fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Dec 2, 2016

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

The Titanic posted:

Dressing up as a overwatch character isnt bad persay, some people make careers out of it.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Wrecked Angle posted:

Looks a bit gay imo

I don't see any SurfaceDetails touching.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

spacetoaster posted:

That game it's playing is star citizen.

Is that that Clifford guy? Like, not photoshopped?

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

The Titanic posted:

Is that that Clifford guy? Like, not photoshopped?

Nah it's some other streamer, I just imagine this is what that Clifford aka Miku~ does when people aren't watching him.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
Can't wait for the 2043 Video Game Awards when Star Citizen wins every award.

TheGodofIris
Oct 12, 2016

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free

kordansk posted:

Can't wait for the 2042 Video Game Awards when Star Citizen wins every award.

FTFY

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Well, I guess I can get into that.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Should have let Arf continue melting down so I could post something dumb on 6666 before bed.

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
that mass effect footage

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOIzH6UcoW4

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Extremely hyped for this.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

not as good as Star Citizen

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

you loving nong.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Man, if only Chris had delivered his magnum opus two years ago and not six months after this drops. Assuming they don't delay again.

Which they will.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

This is very cool looking. Not quite what I was thinking, especially with apparently other humans and such. But Mass Effect gotta Mass Effect. I'm sure it'll be very solid and fun. :)

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Ghostlight posted:

you loving nong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbPWitSTe2k

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Man, if only Chris had delivered his magnum opus two years ago and not six months after this drops. Assuming they don't delay again.

Which they will.

At the end of the day, progress is progress though, even depression.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Wuxi posted:

My 11 pages of shitposts itt tell me otherwise :colbert:

11. Pshaw, you pikey...erm...piker.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

TheGodofIris posted:

tane. You said tane, ive said tane. Congrats Sir.

WARNING: PUPPETMASTER DETECTED! WARNING PUPPETMASTER DETECTED!

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Mass Effect 3 burned me so bad that while I appreciate a soft reboot so they can distance themselves the gently caress away from that abortion I'm still going to wait to see when the game comes out if there's an ending or whatever...3 did.

Lower expectations may mean I can enjoy it.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

Like, I would immediately give the game a little more goodwill if I knew the head injury victims responsible for 3 had been jettisoned for the betterment of video games.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Mass Effect 3 burned me so bad that while I appreciate a soft reboot so they can distance themselves the gently caress away from that abortion I'm still going to wait to see when the game comes out if there's an ending or whatever...3 did.

Lower expectations may mean I can enjoy it.

Lets go to the happy place, only found in Star Citizen.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Like, I would immediately give the game a little more goodwill if I knew the head injury victims responsible for 3 had been jettisoned for the betterment of video games.

That, or just play an entire of weekend of SC/SM. That will help put it in perspective.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Well why is it strange to wait until after release to buy a game these days? Publishers and Kickstarters have broken people's loving brains

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

nawledgelambo posted:

Here's where that 10k for "The Wing Commander Museum" went to; let me be the first to introduce you guys to Ben's new handicap assistance van:

Extendo is slang for a blunt rolled extra long. Great thing are ahead for us all. :420:

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

no_recall posted:

Lets go to the happy place, only found in Star Citizen.

I will admit, that game still gets me salty. I played the first two and got so invested in the characters and the universe. Sure it wasn't art. it was a barely passable b-movie sci-fi/action game. But it was well done. 3 came out and I was super pumped. I played that motherfucker for days. All I wanted was a decent send-off for the characters. When Sheppard was dying after killing Martin Sheen, I was happy with that.

Then. The kid.

Gah. Still makes me cringe. It shouldn't. It's a loving video game. Bits and bloops on a screen. But I am trying to help us get to page 6666 and so I give an embarrassing anecdote to help.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

starkebn posted:

Well why is it strange to wait until after release to buy a game these days? Publishers and Kickstarters have broken people's loving brains

watchdogs 2 is good from everyone, but im waiting till its 20 dollars or less.

gently caress your game marketing stratagems.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

starkebn posted:

EXACTLY.

ONCE. ONCE I pre-ordered a game because I trusted the company. Once did I pre-order, fairly confident that after two solid games they could stick the landing.

Once I was naive and stupid. Now I'm just stupid.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

starkebn posted:

I love how they push those exclusive pre-order items as if they're a big deal, but only end up being useful for the first hour or so of a game before you upgrade them.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Sabreseven posted:

Only SM in a build? That would be a seperate branch then and not part of 2.6

Since SM is supposed to be a seperate game mode within a game, I've always imagined that the 2.x/3.x whatever always related to the actual game and not seperate code branches for dlc components. Why do they have such convoluted and inefficient practices at CIG?

Because CIG.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

four more pages. where are the momas and star marines of yesteryear

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

According to some people, apparently not. I hope it kills them to know there are highly successful women in the world. I hope there are women in their lives who can look down on them with sufficient contempt that the only thing that makes them sleep at night is the mere thought that if they asked her "think quick, right hand!" they would be justified in dreaming that a woman's place is in the kitchen sand not in "mans world".

That's my Kokoro wish. :>

As I recently said in another discussion about women gamers, my only concern is "How's the game rolling?" Glad my sarcasm in commenting was readily apparent. You seem nice and I worried about it not reading right. (Hint: I only use "amirite?" when I am being a snarky bastard. Also the same goes for hashtags.)

EDIT: Had to Google Kokoro Wish. Funny story. Won a serious boxload of gifts back in the day from HappyPuppy when I did a blurb on gamers being literate and enjoying stories as well as gameplay. If you want to know HOW back in the day, the box included the original Driver and System Shock 2.

Samizdata fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Dec 2, 2016

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Then. The kid.

Yeah I hated how they depicted the (what I assume to be the) Citadels avatar without much backstory and just hamfisted the ending.

I didn't even bother to play the DLC and the "better" ending version.

All that effort to get my army to 100% (remember playing the MP to get points in SP) then meeting destiny's child was just pure troll on the most absurd levels. I nearly threw my controller at the TV.

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/5fywvr/soooo_that_spectator_camera_is_gonna_be_disabled/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i know i say this all the time but i bet Bluegoblin is Sandi

• Locked thread