Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

anime was right posted:

how do i take over my local democratic party

go to meetings

talk to people

dont be a huge dick about it but be passionate

go to more meetings

go to more meetings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Barracuda Bang! posted:

I'm in Queens and it feels like below the county level, there are these Democratic clubs that function as old white people social clubs.

That's def how they are here, including at the county and kinda at the state level

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

anime was right posted:

like, you can do it, they're pretty weak push-overs. you just gotta find the secret meeting places. that's the hard part

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
yeah im looking for the secret clubhouse but i cant find it lol

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

SpaceGoku posted:

there are definitely worse choices but there are probably also, uh, much better choices so

this is Trump we're talking about, so really Mattis is probably the best-case scenario here

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
remember bill kristol's harebrained scheme to get mattis to run as an independent

remember bill kristol's harebrained scheme to get some NRO columnist to run as an independent

remember bill kristol's harebrained scheme to get some CIA spook house staffer to run as an independent

remember when some dodgy polls showed that the CIA spook house staffer was ahead in Utah

good times

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

I think to take over political parties you either need money, violence, or not be someone who posts on SA.

or just talk to people I dunno. I'm going to get in touch with my Democratic County Chair, he's a composer and seems like a cool dude.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

remember that time Michael Bloomberg threatened to run third party if Bernie won the Democratic primary?

I wonder how he is feeling right now. other than relaxed because he is insanely rich.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

comingafteryouall posted:

remember that time Michael Bloomberg threatened to run third party if Bernie won the Democratic primary?

I wonder how he is feeling right now. other than relaxed because he is insanely rich.

He's probably in the mood for pizza, the sick gently caress

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

anime was right posted:

yeah im looking for the secret clubhouse but i cant find it lol

Post or PM me your location, I'll get you in contact with who you need to talk to and set up what you need to do.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vox Nihili posted:

Or maybe just that it won't get its way on this one thing?

That's basically the same thing as far as the ADL is concerned tbqh. Lotta people are surprised by this.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Joementum posted:

Only discussing economic issue in 9% of their advertising is exactly why I have absolutely no sympathy for Hillary's paid campaign staff and am glad they got made fun of by the Trump crew at Harvard today.

Not just economic. Only 9% was dedicated to discussing ANY hillary plans

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

Venom Snake posted:

Not just economic. Only 9% was dedicated to discussing ANY hillary plans

I seriously hope Robby Mook never shows his face in public again

(a friend got me this avatar to troll me btw)

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Who the gently caress are all these people in the woods taking pics with hippy Hillary

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/fluff_weather/status/804211761226256384

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Is that the same lady from the PR firm that took the other spontaneous picture with Hillary

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

HannibalBarca posted:

I seriously hope Robby Mook never shows his face in public again

(a friend got me this avatar to troll me btw)

He's in in Harvard giving anecdotes about the election with some rich students laughing it up

white sauce has issued a correction as of 05:15 on Dec 2, 2016

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

He said in Harvard giving anecdotes about the election with some rich students laughing it up

does Harvard really count as public

basically by "in public" I mean a place where I could see him on the sidewalk, run up to him and punch him and get away with it

Well What Now
Nov 10, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Shredded Hen

hahaha

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Joementum posted:

Only discussing economic issue in 9% of their advertising is exactly why I have absolutely no sympathy for Hillary's paid campaign staff and am glad they got made fun of by the Trump crew at Harvard today.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Lord of Pie posted:

Is that the same lady from the PR firm that took the other spontaneous picture with Hillary

it's all a show to build up her rep for Hippy Hillary's All-Natural Foods brand

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

get that smug loving smile off of your loving face drat you

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

logikv9 posted:

it's all a show to build up her rep for Hippy Hillary's All-Natural Foods brand

Now with 10% more Centrism®!

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

HannibalBarca posted:

get that smug loving smile off of your loving face drat you

see i hate everyone in this picture so when i'm looking at it, it can only bring me suffering

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
It's really great that those republicans are smug about resurrecting the KKK, getting Nazi's into ballrooms in DC, and updating outright fascism into the 21st century and pretty much endangering the earth. what an accomplishment to be proud of.

I really hope they get some form of tragedy in their lives to make them feel what they've done to everyone that will get harmed in the coming few years.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

logikv9 posted:

see i hate everyone in this picture so when i'm looking at it, it can only bring me suffering

I hate Mook more because if he was halfway competent there's no way he would have lost to Anne Coulter's doppleganger there.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Al-Saqr posted:

It's really great that those republicans are smug about resurrecting outright Nazi fascism into the 21st century and pretty much endangering the earth. what an accomplishment to be proud of.

I really hope they get some form of tragedy in their lives to make them feel what they've done to everyone that will get harmed in the coming few years.

lol look at this guy who can't afford First Citizen housing built on the most advanced floating cities known to man

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Tulsi gonna go to Standing Rock with a bunch of other veterans

https://www.thenation.com/article/tulsi-gabbard-will-deploy-with-fellow-vets-to-stand-with-standing-rock/

gently caress yea Tulsi

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

https://www.thenation.com/article/tulsi-gabbard-will-deploy-with-fellow-vets-to-stand-with-standing-rock/

gently caress yea Tulsi

gently caress it, lets all go join Tulsi's Army and just see how things go from there~

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Vox Nihili posted:

gently caress it, lets all go join Tulsi's Army and just see how things go from there~

Probably fine, since she's opposed to US military intervention abroad.

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015

gently caress yea Tulsi

Bonus Army reboot lookin' good.

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

resar posted:

Bonus Army reboot lookin' good.
I think it's going to be a bit too gritty and edgy for me :rip:

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Joementum posted:

Probably fine, since she's opposed to US military intervention abroad.

Sounds like a traitor

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

gently caress yea Tulsi

*hillary smacks her head* ohhhh I had to pander to the base!

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

comingafteryouall posted:

A rich New Yorker won the election and will keep the world safe for rich New Yorkers. Mission accomplished.

Kinda hoping Hillary stays in the woods until the dye washes out of her hair, then throws away her blue contacts, puts on some 70s style thick glasses and goes back to being the crusading activist lawyer she was before politics taught her to compromise everything.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

anime was right posted:

Attendance.

I'm not joking. If you show up to every meeting, you'll be a powerhouse within a year.

If you can drag a few friends along it's even better.

If you can make a website/facebook page for them, you'll be a hero.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

HannibalBarca posted:

remember bill kristol's harebrained scheme to get mattis to run as an independent

remember bill kristol's harebrained scheme to get some NRO columnist to run as an independent

remember bill kristol's harebrained scheme to get some CIA spook house staffer to run as an independent

remember when some dodgy polls showed that the CIA spook house staffer was ahead in Utah

good times

Bill kristol opposed trump. That should have been the sign of trouble

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Legend tells of a candidate wandering the woods of New York forever in search of the perfect focus group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

Thoguh posted:

Legend tells of a candidate wandering the woods of New York forever in search of the perfect focus group.
SCP-2016

• Locked thread