Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
This show is great, the people running the DC/CW franchises are great, and I eagerly look forward to every show just having members of every show just hopping over to Kara's Earth for random guest spots including

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

BrianWilly posted:

Can someone explain why Cisco thought going back to chat with a Dominator was the same as Barry loving up the entire universe?

More importantly can someone explain why Cisco thought letting the Dominator go back to his ship was a remotely good idea? Like, it's not loving E.T., Cisco, you literally saw it killing and abducting people 20 minutes ago and now you think because you saved it from one guy you're gonna convince all the aliens that humans are just swell folks? Maybe the 50s MIB torturing it for no reason was hosed up, but keeping the alien around and running experiments on it would've been much more effective to the cause than your fantastic diplomatic skills.

pentyne posted:

This show is great, the people running the DC/CW franchises are great, and I eagerly look forward to every show just having members of every show just hopping over to Kara's Earth for random guest spots including

Mick and Kara go on a date while James Olsen stands in the background befuddled and the Curb Your Enthusiasm music plays.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Dec 2, 2016

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

It just occurred to me that Kara really dissed J'onn when she said it was just her and Clark looking out for Earth-38.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
J'onn's been pretty useless in most fights, to be honest.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

J'onn also hasn't been active as a costumed superhero like Clark and Kara.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

BrianWilly posted:

True to the source material :(

Though he did manage to beat up Kara pretty good when she was all evil on Red Kryptonite.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
All you guys complaining about Cisco's motives for liking Barry again being thin, yesterday complaining about Cisco being an emo bitch, just be glad that particular plot thread was wrapped up in like 3 episodes instead of taking and entire season Felicity style.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Episode was great. Crossover was great. Mick is great. Sara eyeing the president was great. More great things please.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I'm sure this has been covered, but I didn't want to read the entire thread. How come everybody is on board for time travel fuckery exactly 1 day after they were all treating Barry like a piece of poo poo for time travel fuckery?

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

All you guys complaining about Cisco's motives for liking Barry again being thin, yesterday complaining about Cisco being an emo bitch, just be glad that particular plot thread was wrapped up in like 3 episodes instead of taking an entire season Felicity style.

I just wanted Smoak to tell Cisco the story about her bombing of Havenrock.

Inspector 34 posted:

I'm sure this has been covered, but I didn't want to read the entire thread. How come everybody is on board for time travel fuckery exactly 1 day after they were all treating Barry like a piece of poo poo for time travel fuckery?

Repairing time aberrations is what LoT do.

WhyteRyce posted:

Episode was great. Crossover was great. Mick is great. Sara eyeing the president was great. More great things please.
Yes let's hope all the series are renewed and there's another crossover event next year.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Dec 2, 2016

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Binary Logic posted:

Repairing time aberrations is what LoT do.

Yes, like that time they removed an immortal tyrant from the time continuum, certainly dooming the earth to a future alien invasion to save someone's wife. They're not in any way comparable to Barry rescuing his parents-

Oh...

The real answer is that the writers of each show just write their time-logic completely differently and that there is no reconciling the two.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Dec 2, 2016

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

MiddleOne posted:

Yes, like that time they removed an immortal tyrant from the time continuum, certainly dooming the earth to a future alien invasion to save someone's wife. They're not in any way comparable to Barry rescuing his parents-

Oh...

The real answer is that the writers of each show just write their time-logic completely differently and that there is no reconciling the two.

in LoT they use a time machine, Barry uses Speedforce. Completely different

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

BrianWilly posted:

He has to be dumbed down because he's basically on the same level as Kara and Clark + being a shapeshifting telepath.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

lotus circle posted:

He has to be dumbed down because he's basically on the same level as Kara and Clark + being a shapeshifting telepath.
Didn't Season 1 Hank Henshaw claim that Superman said that J'onn was more powerful between them?

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Chortles posted:

Didn't Season 1 Hank Henshaw claim that Superman said that J'onn was more powerful between them?
I can't recall that admittedly, but it's just a fact that gets overlook because J'onn isn't as popular as Supes. On a short list of DC heroes who can face Kryptonians with a fighting chance, J'onn is right up there because he has similar physical strengths and has extra powers that they don't. The only thing Kryptonians have to combat Martians is heat vision, since that's the big weakness.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

lotus circle posted:

I can't recall that admittedly, but it's just a fact that gets overlook because J'onn isn't as popular as Supes. On a short list of DC heroes who can face Kryptonians with a fighting chance, J'onn is right up there because he has similar physical strengths and has extra powers that they don't. The only thing Kryptonians have to combat Martians is heat vision, since that's the big weakness.

Kryptonians can't conjure ice cream from nothingness.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

BrianWilly posted:

He certainly dealt with Indigo at the end of season one.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

lotus circle posted:

Firestorm, Green Lantern using Silver Age logic, magicians, other overpowered aliens, Batman because he's Batman, and Black Canary.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Caper posted:

So Stein can 'fix' his mistakes, yet we're supposed to endure the tension of Barry being unable to fix his?
Stein thinks he can fix his. We've seen how good the "legends" are at not loving up history.

Hollismason posted:

I do like that they're like " loving with time travel is bad".
"Oh, a lesson in not changing history from mister 'I'm my own grandpa'!"

howe_sam posted:

Shouldn't Kara be the one to intercept the bomb?
It eventually made sense that they wanted Firestorm to transmute it, but it did seem like a better job for Supergirl.

Binary Logic posted:

It's really a shame that power didn't allow her to plough through the horde, trample and knock them down.
That really seemed like it was what was going to happen and then it didn't and it was very disappointing.

Carlosologist posted:

ha, Kara looks like Ray's cousin :allears:
Best line of the crossover. :haw:

TwoPair posted:

Okay you know, thinking about it even more, I think I would have been more satisfied if the crossover literally copied Independence Day. Cisco (or Stein or Felicity pick whichever CW tech person) and Thea could take the stolen Dominator dropship and hack the Dominator mothership (Thea would be Will Smith and smoke a large cigar while Cisco works). Then they can have one of the Hawks guest star as the Randy Quaid role and blow up the Dominator mothership by flying directly into their main weapon. You know, it kills two birds (literally) with one stone: the Dominators are gone and we also never have to deal with the risk of Hawkpeople returning.
Oh you know super heroes never really die. Just be glad they haven't come back so far.

Aphrodite posted:

Cisco isn't on LoT, he doesn't know how time travel works.

He thinks it's BttF rules.
To be fair, sometimes it is.

TwoPair posted:

More importantly can someone explain why Cisco thought letting the Dominator go back to his ship was a remotely good idea? Like, it's not loving E.T., Cisco, you literally saw it killing and abducting people 20 minutes ago and now you think because you saved it from one guy you're gonna convince all the aliens that humans are just swell folks? Maybe the 50s MIB torturing it for no reason was hosed up, but keeping the alien around and running experiments on it would've been much more effective to the cause than your fantastic diplomatic skills.
It's your standard hero rule. You've got to do the right thing, not the smart thing. You can't leave someone to be tortured to death even if they're an enemy.

Inspector 34 posted:

Speed force?

:shrug:

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
I'm disappointed that Oliver and Vixen never interacted, since he knows her granddaughter and all.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Lol at Diggle in the final battle.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Spacebump posted:

Lol at Diggle in the final battle.

Bless his heart, he tried. Apparently he just decided going back and grabbing something bigger than a handgun probably loaded with non-lethal rounds wasn't worth it though. You know, to fight aliens with.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
If my brother or family member was dead because of time poo poo fuckery there would never be a situation that I forgave that person.

It's dumb that Cisco is okay with it and they are friends again

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hollismason posted:

If my brother or family member was dead because of time poo poo fuckery there would never be a situation that I forgave that person.

Technically Barry killed the Barry that killed Cisco's brother.

He wiped out that jerk's timeline and replaced him.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Hollismason posted:

The way I look at it, he isn't dead because of Barry in this timeline. He was always dead in this timeline, Barry just lost his own.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
It seems kinda weird Kara is perfectly fine cooking a bunch of sapient beings. It's war blah blah but her just murdering a bunch of alien mooks seems weird.

Overall pretty great crossover. Looking forward to more.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
There's a part in the rooftop fight where Dig does a slow little half kick at an alien's shin and it' the saddest thing.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
I was really hoping they would go into how Thawn had Gideon when Cisco got on the Wave runner and they were like Gideon do this.

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

I was really hoping they would go into how Thawn had Gideon when Cisco got on the Wave runner and they were like Gideon do this.

Yeah, I was waiting for Cisco to react to her the whole time he was on the ship.

I kept expecting the "cousin" line to come from Kara but when Ray dropped it I was completely offguard. Amazing.

TheJadedOne
Aug 13, 2004

X-O posted:

I like how everyone in universe just casually glosses over the fact that Barry Allen, history's greatest threat, got the President of the United States murdered by aliens. I guess it's all transmuted metabomb water under the bridge.

He is just another name on a very very long list of people Barry has killed or gotten killed. The dude really is a problem.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
The next crossover should be the Legends, Team Supergirl and Team Arrow getting together to stop the evil speedster, Barry Allen.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Licarn posted:

The next crossover should be the Legends, Team Supergirl and Team Arrow getting together to stop the evil speedster, Barry Allen.

They have to go back in time to kill his mom. Again.

Tarquinn fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Dec 3, 2016

Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

Licarn posted:

They each get a pill that makes all of them speedsters.

Only it doesn't work for Diggle.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Diggle runs in anyway, firing his handgun.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Greyhawk posted:

They each get a pill that makes all of them speedsters.

Only it doesn't work for Diggle.

The speedster pill works for Diggle, but he still keeps getting sick each time.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

BrianWilly posted:

Diggle runs in anyway, firing his handgun.

His real power is the time slowing low kick.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Licarn posted:

The aliens were the true heroes all along. Only Reverse Flash can save us now.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
See you later, Dominator! :v:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Why did Barry act like Oliver couldn't take him when he's regularly clowned by normal speed people all the time.

And they each have one win and a tie if you count Oliver's arrow ambush when they first trained

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I don't think Wentworth Miller is setting anybody straight, but whatever.

• Locked thread