Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me
yeah sorry the plot to this game is garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Sakurazuka posted:

Xenoblade at least looked interesting and had combat that didn't play itself, unlike Final Desert Fantasy 12.

XBX for the record has one thing I wish FF XV had: rap metal

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
The car desperately needs the ability to make playlists. I want to hear Blue Fields and Gustaberg while I'm driving, not a bunch of 8-bit tracks. :colbert:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

They talked about the possibility of the players adding their own music and asked around about it. Turns out laws and copyright would get in the way.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Cephas posted:

The car desperately needs the ability to make playlists. I want to hear Blue Fields and Gustaberg while I'm driving, not a bunch of 8-bit tracks. :colbert:

None of the tracks are 8 bit, though. :confused: The first three games use OSTs for their remakes.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Gladio just failed to load in my game completely :allears: had a cutscene where his sword was just flinging itself around the room with nobody holding it, which was REAL strange until I realized what happened, hahaha.

Grabbed a screenshot with just 3 people in the car but I'm gonna crash for tonight and too lazy to post it. :rip: Gladio

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Lmao Ignis just "invented" a recipe for cup noodles where the only ingredient was pre-packaged cup noodles.

Seeing him blatantly steal and rename recipes from all the places you eat is great, especially if its some ridiculously simple recipe that even a college freshman could whip up. How are you a royal chef and you needed to visit a greasy spoon diner to figure out how to grill a steak or make french fries, Ignis.

Also I hope those crazy people who remade all the recipes from Game of Thrones (well, as closely as possible given some of the ingredients aren't real) make a cookbook out of this game or something, because it would be perfect for it. The food is constantly making me hungry every time I camp.

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Thumbtacks posted:

holy poo poo

guys when you're in uh

poo poo how do i say this without spoiling it

when you're ambushed right after you blow up a thing, make sure you warp strike when your opponent is up in the air because you have a fuckin sweet air battle

It's even better if you use the Arm-whatever mode. She's a really cool fight and I hope there's another one like it.

Also this picture is probably the best picture Prompto has ever taken:

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Please put some more clothing on your wife.

Or don't, she's hot

Lucid Dream posted:

Awesome, now the dropships drop 3 level 47 guys (I'm level 30ish) that each one shot me and my party members. This is so loving stupid and unfun. It seems like my choice is either run from them up or chug a dozen potions every time they show up every few minutes.

I mean, it's an open world game and the empire is supposed to be super dangerous so running is ok

Lucid Dream posted:

What a lovely mechanic.

Are you complaining that you can't just immediately stunt on every enemy you meet in an open world game? Idgi

Alternatively, use the tips people have mentioned in this thread to stunt on the nooks that show up from the drop ship

guts and bolts posted:

this is a man who has figured out what final fantasy fifteen is actually about

which is to say high speed chocobo drifting

that's the sort of good edge to the double-sided desperation that FFXV reeks of

like, call me cynical, but my initial reaction to FFXV's delay was "they're adding a cash shop" (they did this with DXMD if I recall correctly), and my initial reaction to the FF7 remake was "this is to print some guaranteed money in the event FFXV fails" - the game feels so... important to Squeenix's bottom line? i guess? that certain things that would strike me as charming and awkward are instead kinda cringey, like the title placard about first-timers or whatever. yes, i know some of you like it and that's fine.

but yeah like, it seems like they really really wanted to make a game that people would like. you'd think that would be videogames 101 but i'd argue a large chunk of modern gaming releases are not built purely with you liking it in mind, especially prior entries in this same franchise. instead of trying to make a game that would have a main character who could appear in Vanity Fair to sell you a purse (despite literally being a rehash of a previous protagonist, only gender-swapped and given pink hair), they made a game about high speed chocobo drifting and air combos that look like the best anime battles and a living game world that's fun to hang around in

i'll defend FFXII 'til i die, it's near the top of the franchise to me (XII, Tactics, V, and VII, in some order), but that game came out ten loving years ago; like if you didn't like FFXII and don't play MMOs, the last final fantasy game you enjoyed was probably X and that was fifteen goddamn years ago

it's almost downright strange playing a final fantasy that was seemingly built with the only design goal being "make people loving like this game"

I'm sorry you didn't like Lightning-sama but I thought she was pretty great.

I also think final fantasies in general are great, including this one.

Thanks for listening

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Are there more FF VII tracks besides what you start with? The lack of the Shinra theme, Cid's theme and WEAPON raid songs among others is upsetting.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Alright I don't know what happened at the end of Chapter 9 but that was by far the dumbest loving thing this game has done, and not in a good way. Who thought that would be a good fight? That wasn't even fun, it was tedious. And I have absolutely no idea what the story even is at this point, and I've never skipped a cutscene AND I read the lore so in theory I should get it but I honestly don't have a clue.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Terper posted:

Turns out laws and copyright would get in the way.

What legal standing do music owners have for not letting players play their own (presumably) purchased music over a video game :psyduck:

Do I have to worry about the FBI kicking down my door when I play some RHCP in the background while I play my bro simulator?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I just killed a 29 scorpion at lv12 by making a bunch of quad cast blizzara. It would one shot me if it touched me, but quad cast would deal like 30% dmg to him

Turns out, any picture you save with prompto gets saved to the ps4. Idk if deleting the image in game deletes it from the ps4 tho

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Dec 2, 2016

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Leal posted:

What legal standing do music owners have for not letting players play their own (presumably) purchased music over a video game :psyduck:

Do I have to worry about the FBI kicking down my door when I play some RHCP in the background while I play my bro simulator?

Probably a steaming/video recording thing.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I wish the bros would be smarter about not standing in the leftover fire/ice/lightning from the magic.

Gladio can at least put on an elemental shield (then again I'm not even sure if he knows when to use them right).

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

Probably a steaming/video recording thing.

This is dumb and I hate everything about the copyright system

ApplesandOranges posted:

I wish the bros would be smarter about not standing in the leftover fire/ice/lightning from the magic.

Gladio can at least put on an elemental shield (then again I'm not even sure if he knows when to use them right).

Oh we don't eat this food that prevents elemental damage to protect us from the enemy, its to protect us from ourselves!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Magic barely scratches your guys, it's more the stunning that can be damaging.

Leal posted:

Please direct any and all complaints here as long as you don't mind it getting brought up over their coffee break to give them a good laugh.

Terper fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Dec 2, 2016

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Isn't PS4 streaming quite good at self censorship? Could it not just mute the game audio when user selected music plays?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

How does Nomura manage to pull off the whole vintage style knights and sorcerers with cellphones aesthetic but somehow repeatedly star depressed pallette-swapped Sora in every drat game.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

This is why I never fast travel. It's seriously so drat comfy to just lean back and be a part of it.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Game crashed yesterday during a car ride :(

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I haven't had a crash, but yesterday the entire world disappeared once when getting out of the regalia. I couldn't move and it was just void everywhere. The autosave system isn't fantastic but it's better than nothing!

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Are you complaining that you can't just immediately stunt on every enemy you meet in an open world game? Idgi

My issue isn't the fact that they are difficult, its the fact that they drop on your head that pisses me off. Enemies dropping on my head are fine if they are treated like random battles that I'm supposed to actually fight, but the dropships seem designed to discourage you from actually fighting them and running away instead... which makes for some real frustrating gameplay when you're trying to hunt some space giraffes or take a picture of a mountain. If I come across a military checkpoint full of high level mans and a giant mech then I can choose to either go around or fight my way through a tough battle, but when the tough battle drops on my head it gets a little annoying after the 20th time in a few hours. I don't even mind a difficult fight (in fact part of my frustration is that I WANT difficult fights), but these assholes do a bullshit 360 spin attack that hits me in a split second (so quickly that even holding dodge during the warp attack doesn't give me time to get my defenses up) that incaps me instantly. It isn't fun, and using up all my spells every few minutes when they show up doesn't seem like a viable option.

Lucid Dream fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Dec 2, 2016

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
Hooo boy Expericast seems gamebreaking. I got thousands and thousands of XP from a single random battle with it.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Where's the best weapons shop in chapter 8? Noctis and Prompto badly need new weapons

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I kinda really want DLC of young Regis and Cid adventuring with their boy band group. Cid calling him "Reggie" is adorable

Sparda219
Nov 21, 2007

Just as some things can be right and useless at the same time, can't something be wrong and priceless?
After finishing the game I can say yeah, the plot is an absolute mess. The problem is there's a lack of buildup to it, you can see allllll the ragged holes where plot should have been hanging from but because of a seriously messed up development cycle they had to nix it. That being said, the personal stories being told were more than enough to keep me hooked and the gameplay itself is so player-forward and engaging. Apparently there's a hellacious endgame, so I'm excited to get sunk into that.

Nina posted:

I kinda really want DLC of young Regis and Cid adventuring with their boy band group. Cid calling him "Reggie" is adorable

Yes please. Best idea.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
So summon triggers are random, from what I've read? That seems fairly... unreliable.

Partway through Chapter 6, holding off on sidequesting for the moment since I'm already past level 40. :v:

Kinda balked after seeing Luxury Cat Food for 20k gil, knowing I'll probably have to get it eventually for a sidequest.

Does someone have a list of all the camp scenes triggers yet? I've gotten two of Ignis, one of Gladio's, and two of Prompto (one at a pitstop motel, one at an actual camp).

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Guys these last few chapters are really bad :(

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Goons hate Prompto because unlike them he was successful with his weight loss goals. :colbert:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Goons hate Prompto because unlike them he was successful with his weight loss goals. :colbert:

I like him because he didn't put it all back on again like I did. :smith:

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
This game is amazing and getting to a cool new area + seeing all the new icons pop up on the map reminds me of the witcher 3.

Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan
I just started up, and while I'm not immediately turned off by anything as of yet, I kind of already see where things are going in terms of gameplay. The depth I had kind of hoped for in combat isn't really there, though it still has a chance of kicking in. A handful of "kill X monsters over here" MMO style side quests is disappointing but expected. A rather plain desert area that sometimes has nice scenery, but not often. Definitely gives me a sense of a very simple sandbox approach with not much goin' on at the moment. Reminds me of my time in FFXIV 1.0 before Realm Reborn.

But it's early (and I'm desperate to stream something new anyways), so I'll give it plenty of play time. I dig the car. I'm warming up to road-trip-with-buddies vibe (combat animations can look real slick). Camping to apply exp, foods for buffs, the health/damage system, I'm interested in seeing how these things play out over the course of the game. Dangerous poo poo popping out at night is pretty neat, and adds a sense of atmosphere. These first 3 hours are a bit jumbled, can't say if I'm gonna enjoy the road ahead, but I'm interested. That seems to be further than some people got after their first impressions.

Leal posted:

It's the worst thing about keeping archives of my streams on youtube (since twitch won't remember them forever). Most of the time when music gets copywritten, it just means I can't make money off views or ads get throw on the video by default. I don't care about any of that, but every once in a while (mostly with Ubisoft) I get a song somewhere in the game that plays for like 30 seconds and the whole drat video gets blocked from being seen in all countries on automatic request of the rights holder. On a 7 hour stream video. Watch Dogs 2 was a particular bitch and required cutting out several small chunks of content to keep it from blocking out over half the game for less than a minute of music.

And this is just some low tier youtube side of things. So In short, ya', gently caress the system.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
prompto took a picture of me getting mauled by a wolf and then showed it to me later, dude's got balls

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Picture system is right up there with the nemesis system from Shadow of Mordor on my list of things I wish other game developers would blatantly rip off (where appropriate).

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I wish I could remove songs that I've purchased from the playlist because the last thing I want while road tripping is slow boring orchestral stuff.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I just put it on shuffle and skip til I get something good.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I spend most of every car ride flipping awkwardly through songs and ultimately landing on one of the few same things. Eerily true to life. :v:

E: Wait what there's a shuffle. How do you activate it?

VVV Thanks. This changes everything. :)

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Dec 2, 2016

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Down on the d-pad in the car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Down on the d-pad in the car.