Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Thanks gumi, it's not like I was psyched I finally managed to break into the 30k ranks or anything :smith: Now I'm down to the mid 40k's and dropping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

This is great. I managed to miss the arena orb fiasco earlier today but I'm just in time to sit down and grind arena thanks to a lapis glitch.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I could only arena for like 15 minutes this morning and 5 this evening before I got bored.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001
Wait is this an infinite 20 lapis per run? As in you refresh your orbs for 100 lapis and get it all refunded multiple times over?

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

As of right now, yes it is. Do a fight, get 20 lapis. After 5, claim the 100 from your box and repeat.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Eh, too much effort

Unless it drops me out the 30k's

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Shoenin posted:

Eh, too much effort

Unless it drops me out the 30k's

I am trying to get ahead of the monthly 30k rank for December so I can do other things instead of waiting on orbs since right now infinite free orbs.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
I'm tapping out for the night, can't keep my eyes open any more.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Cartoon Man posted:

I'm tapping out for the night, can't keep my eyes open any more.

My gosh man 23k+ arena points for December :stare: Yeah a break might be in order.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014

wtb attack pots

Hardbody fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Dec 2, 2016

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I'm not doing the arena farm thing because gently caress that noise but there are 30k+ point people and lots of 20k+ targets for me to kill for 1.50 multipliers so that's nice.

Hardbody posted:

wtb attack pots

:eyepop::popeye::eyepop::popeye::eyepop::popeye:

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Hardbody posted:

wtb attack pots

jfc

Just when I think I'll have some cool TMs and put up impressive numbers I am reminded that I am not a whale.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Ratmtattat posted:

jfc

Just when I think I'll have some cool TMs and put up impressive numbers I am reminded that I am not a whale.

It could be worse. He could have a Brave Suit. :getin:

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

I think the arena farm is over now. Last thing I got was an ether. Also,

Hardbody posted:

wtb attack pots

Ceerist, I thought my dude was overpowered.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014

KataraniSword posted:

It could be worse. He could have a Brave Suit. :getin:

Greg cant equip brave suit.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Ratmtattat posted:

jfc

When Orlandu's out you should see some of the biggest whales sitting at 1000-1100 atk pretty quickly, and going up from there as newer stuff comes out. Excalibur + Sakurafibuki(and later the genji blade from the gilgamesh trial, plus blade mastery), black hood, brave suit, genji glove and a bracer/celestial glove/whatever, then materia like maxwell's TM and lunge combo (or better) ramps up Orlandu really godddamn fast and then they'll break out their 2nd (and 3rd) Orlandu with an extra Excalibur and Deathbringer to chain holy explosions with and post videos showing how they one-round fights that most people will struggle to maybe clear.

Unless the FF15 event gives us a powercreeped-to-hell Noctis and everyone cashes out their 401k for that instead.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Dec 2, 2016

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I was finally happy that in a couple more attack pots, my Elza will break 600 ATK :unsmith:

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
I wonder how many tickets on average it will take to snag an Orlandu. I'll have about 25 or 30 rares socked away, more if the upcoming events have a decent amount to grind out and 50 gets you 2 11 pulls I think, so that would put me at roughly 50 some pulls, which I have a feeling is nowhere even close to enough. Which the more I think about it the more I don't even want to bother. Realizing I can buy several full games for the cost of getting one stupid guy on a phone game really makes me question my sanity.

Maybe I'll keep it to just one 11 pull and my rares and hope I manage to land any 5 star base out of those. God people must spend ludicrous amounts of money on this stupid game to end up with 5 lightnings and Luneths . That or they just have absurdly better luck than I'll ever have

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Pokemaster #421 posted:

I wonder how many tickets on average it will take to snag an Orlandu.

Judging by normal numbers, since Orlandu's banner is prior to the gacha update:

Rainbow crystals are a 1% Draw Rate. Rate Ups take up half of the rainbow crystal alottment, and there are four 5*-capable units on rateup. Assuming those are split evenly:

.01*.5*.25 = 0.00125, so about a 1 in 1000 chance to get an Orlandu on his "Rate Up". Meaning it will take 1000 draws. On average.

Granted, that number will go up significantly once/if the gacha update hits on Global, since it removes the potential of anything but Base-5s out of a rainbow crystal.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Dec 2, 2016

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Hardbody posted:

wtb attack pots

I hate you

Give me bracers

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

The wiki has the Hanging Edge event page up. It isn't complete but it does have the tradeins and early guide. Assuming it's accurate it.. doesn't look pretty! Highlights are a Crushing Blow AoE edition for Lightning, Snow can get a 50% DEF/SPI self-buff, and there' s a DEF/SPI+10% combined materia for FF13 characters. The rest is the baseline stuff, mats to craft the two exclusive items (although like FFT you only get one of a required mat so you can't make multiples), FF13 character weapons, and purchasable ATK/MAG/DEF/SPI/MP+10% materia. Weee :geno:

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Dec 2, 2016

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Dang this event looks real lame, guys.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I'm happy that there's tickets, gigantaurs, and 2 Trust Moogles this time around!

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
What's with all the stuff that's Hope/Fang only? Does that mean they're going to split the banner in half like they did with the FFT event?

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

hamburgers in pockets posted:

What's with all the stuff that's Hope/Fang only? Does that mean they're going to split the banner in half like they did with the FFT event?
thats my bet. I would not suggest spending any summon tickets on this banner until the 2nd week, if you really want to at all.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Tengames posted:

thats my bet. I would not suggest spending any summon tickets on this banner until the 2nd week, if you really want to at all.

gently caress that, I want Snow's TM. Hopefully 2 of them.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.

KataraniSword posted:

Judging by normal numbers, since Orlandu's banner is prior to the gacha update:

Rainbow crystals are a 1% Draw Rate. Rate Ups take up half of the rainbow crystal alottment, and there are four 5*-capable units on rateup. Assuming those are split evenly:

.01*.5*.25 = 0.00125, so about a 1 in 1000 chance to get an Orlandu on his "Rate Up". Meaning it will take 1000 draws. On average.

Granted, that number will go up significantly once/if the gacha update hits on Global, since it removes the potential of anything but Base-5s out of a rainbow crystal.

Sweet merciful jesus. Yeah I think I'll just silently give up on hoping for any of the game changing characters and maybe I'll get real lucky over the course of a year and manage to pull a Luneth or something randomly down the line when I blunder into another rainbow in 6 months. How the hell do people end up with all the banner 5 stars? I've seen a ton of arena teams that are sporting 1 or 2 lightnings plus a Luneth and a gilgamesh or that reaper girl from the previous banner. Madness I say madness

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Scrublord Prime posted:

a Crushing Blow AoE edition for Lightning

Wrong. It's Thundaga with a Thunder Resist Down chaser.

It's magic. On Lightning. Which means it's loving garbage.

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax
The banner being split in two gives me hope for a Lightning Banner in week 2.

Not that I would actually get her as I still haven't seen a rainbow. But it would be interesting.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Mrit SA posted:

The banner being split in two gives me hope for a Lightning Banner in week 2.

Not that I would actually get her as I still haven't seen a rainbow. But it would be interesting.

Lightning in Week 2 gives me hope that all our Light friends will get boosts on the stupid event drops. The sooner I can get those gigantuars and, hopefully, tickets/moogle, the sooner I can forget this event ever happened.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

KataraniSword posted:

Lightning in Week 2 gives me hope that all our Light friends will get boosts on the stupid event drops. The sooner I can get those gigantuars and, hopefully, tickets/moogle, the sooner I can forget this event ever happened.

Yeah I'm not rolling on the banner at all unless it's lightning. The only good FFXIII characters are Sazh and Liam O'Brien's voice but he doesn't look good enough to roll for.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Whelp, I guess I'm not getting an Exdeath on his rate-up banner. Oh well, my team is strong, and I got a Butz finally.

And a bunch of Anzelms and Lanis and Shantottos.

Also, yeah, it's super likely that the second week of this event will have the rest of the FF 13 characters, it looks like their weapons are for sale.

Attacker materia is a Hero's Ring for FF13 characters, and Defender is a mini Defenders Bracer as a materia.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Dec 2, 2016

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Ugh, screw all this Arena abuse stuff, did it have to happen during my thesis defense/sleep? Even the bugs hate my timezone.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

KataraniSword posted:

Wrong. It's Thundaga with a Thunder Resist Down chaser.

It's magic. On Lightning. Which means it's loving garbage.

Ahahaha jfc

What a garbage event

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
I dont know what is going on, but apparently MEmu broke or something.

Not only was I getting "Data download failed" messages constantly, it keeps saying "google play services have stopped" at random intervals.

E:Something called "Launcher 3 has stopped" Continuously pops up for me as well.

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Dec 2, 2016

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Edit - never mind, figured it out.

rio fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Dec 2, 2016

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax
I just got my first rainbow crystal!
Amarant.
So mad.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I took one half off pull and got Sazh. I'm okay with this. Even if he's not good.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Yeah, The FF13 event patch or something has killed MEmu for me, I cant even load the freggin game from it anymore. Just gets stuck on trying to download failed, and refuses to do anything else. Its just stuck on a connection error has occurred.

and of course NOX doesnt work either. so Im totally hosed.

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Dec 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

Shoenin posted:

Yeah, The FF13 event patch or something has killed MEmu for me, I cant even load the freggin game from it anymore. Just gets stuck on trying to download failed, and refuses to do anything else.

and of course NOX doesnt work either. so Im totally hosed.

Which MeMu version are you running? I'm on 2.8.6 and I was able to get in.

• Locked thread